Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what combat system?

SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

Is there anything know about their combat system?

Like tab target or aim to shoot?

Comments

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    I beleive it will be tab-target for the majority of skills. MJ has stated though he does not like tab-target for  ranged spells or archers so I'm not sure what mechanics he will put in place for them. I am however hoping that he uses a system similar to War in that players can have an offensive and a defensive target selected at the same time.
  • rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151
    ah...makes sense that melee would be tab target instead of ranged....actually, it doesn't. my vote is neither should be tab, but if anything, melee crosshair, ranged tab
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

Realistically, since they are going for huge battles it will probably end up being tab targeting like DAoC for everything. I know Mark has suggested maybe aiming for ranged, but that will all be up to how optimized and up to the task their engine is. Ping is a pain.

Personally I am hoping for entirely tab targeting/strategic efficiency of ability use ala DAoC, or an evolution thereof. Fingers crossed :)

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Tab targeting = all interest lost for this game.

• SJStrikersSJStrikers Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I always enjoyed tab targeting. In real life you wouldn't target the player to attack but you would take a moment to register them for it, and tab targeting seems to work great in pvp. Why do people cry about it? Its annoying not being able to target someone. Tab-targetting allows more game balance and focuses on pvp skills>who clicks who first and makes the game action-oriented imo.
  • reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin
    Tab targeting = all interest lost for this game.

I feel the exact opposite, especially in regards to MMORPGs. Tab-targeting is a good system. Action/twitch combat works really well for some games, but I prefer tab-targeting in my MMOs.

I hope they do the primary/secondary target system like they had in WAR. It allowed for some really interesting skill and ability mechanics. With action combat on the other hand, ability mechanics can become limited and cumbersome.