Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: A Video Preview of Patch 2.1

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has released an amazingly long 10-minute video to show off the new features and game improvements coming to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn with this month's v2.1 patch. If you weren't looking forward to the new patch, this is sure to whet your appetite. The patch will be released on December 17th.

Find out more on the v2.1 teaser site for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Holy shit, extreme titan will make people rage for sure!

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Cant wait, looks like a very nice addition. And ofcourse it doesnt hurt it goes live the day Xmas holidays start!

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Played this game and thought it was the biggest pile of crap I had ever bought, nothing in this video makes me feel any different.  Just another boring, standard MMO with very little innovation.  Still, wouldn't do for us all to like or dislike the same things I suppose.
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    I wish my barber had moves like that...
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by eric1000
    Played this game and thought it was the biggest pile of crap I had ever bought, nothing in this video makes me feel any different.  Just another boring, standard MMO with very little innovation.  Still, wouldn't do for us all to like or dislike the same things I suppose.

Tastes and opinions are always personal and its sad to see that you dislike a game I enjoy very much. But it is completely fine that you do not and I hope you find the game that suits your needs. 

Personally, for me, I don't care about innovation. I only care whether it is 'fun'. A game can be the most innovative ever, but if I am not enjoying myself, whats the point? Same goes for games that aren't innovative, keep me having fun and I will keep on playing. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Great to see that this game is going strong and like always its good to see a game get new content. The housing is cool but I am still wanting for them to make to so a person can customize their character to make it different from others. Also still waiting on some non instanced open world dungeons. Would love another method of leveling other then questing.  If they keep brining new content to this game like they way they are doing with 2.1 this game will do fine.
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Looks like a lot of new content and features. I might up checking this game out after all.
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

It's like SE isn't even trying.

ArenaNet released more content in the first 2 weeks for GW2.

Trion released quadruple amount of content in the 1/10th of the time SE used to deliver [mod edit]

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Been waiting for this. Looks like it has even more content than I previously thought. Those Extreme Primals look nuts. I will at least resub for one month, just to try the new stuff. Hopefully I can find 23 other people to raid Crystal Tower with hehe. My guild has already quit the game, but some have really been looking forward to PVP, so they will come back. 

I know tons of people left the game, because of lack of content. Like myself many had relics (+1) and were running Coil, even if most cant clear it. It just felt like there was a real lack of endgame, and no PVP to supplement endgame content like other MMOs do. It may be too little too late, but not for me. Its enough to get me back to at least try it all, and then I will see where I stand. 

Originally posted by aslan132

I know tons of people left the game, because of lack of content. Like myself many had relics (+1) and were running Coil, even if most cant clear it. It just felt like there was a real lack of endgame, and no PVP to supplement endgame content like other MMOs do. It may be too little too late, but not for me. Its enough to get me back to at least try it all, and then I will see where I stand. 

According to Yoshi-P around 10% of players have entered the Coil.

Just to give some insight what's a "ton of people" (a portion of those 10%).

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    The thing that really killed the game for me was the classes, there's nothing there that I can really sink my teeth into. I'm hoping for Thief/Ninja, Red Mage and/or Black Knight to make an appearance.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Warning...DO NOT PLAY TANK...the most boring combat for a tank in any MMO I every played. It turned me off so much from the game that I stopped logging in.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Now THAT is a patch, folks.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

I wonder why...

The other 90% quit because they got sick of having to run WP and AK over and over and over and over and over and over, well I think you get the point......

No other way atm to earn the tomes besides this grind......

I know, I know in the next patch there adding more ways to earn them, but half my FC is already gone so whats the point now, there not coming back there probably back on Wow or whatever.......

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135
    No amount of content they ever create for this game will make it worth playing when the combat puts me to sleep faster than The Secret World's

Originally posted by nationalcity

The other 90% quit because they got sick of having to run WP and AK over and over and over and over and over and over, well I think you get the point...... No other way atm to earn the tomes besides this grind......I know, I know in the next patch there adding more ways to earn them, but half my FC is already gone so whats the point now, there not coming back there probably back on Wow or whatever.......      

Yeah cause everybody plays the same way, at the same rate, and nobody does anything but combat.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by drivendawn

I wonder why...

The other 90% quit because they got sick of having to run WP and AK over and over and over and over and over and over, well I think you get the point......

No other way atm to earn the tomes besides this grind......

I know, I know in the next patch there adding more ways to earn them, but half my FC is already gone so whats the point now, there not coming back there probably back on Wow or whatever.......

Yeah I get you answered his fact with a made up ridiculously hyperbolic statement. There are tons of people still playing this game.

It's called sarcasm.......

I know 90% didn't quit but it does get old running the same two dungeons over and over for people that are at endgame and don't feel like leveling another class at least for me... Maybe there is others that love doing it, I don't know.........

That's too bad for them.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Trion released quadruple amount of content in the 1/10th of the time SE used to deliver this sad excuse of a content update.

My grandma could create more content for this game in half the time.

This game sux LOL

GW2: Crappy fluff content every couple weeks.

FFXIV: Great and lasting PvE content with the update with things added like a barbershop and treasure hunting, plus housing that is actually housing and not just GW2's instanced crap.

Smile

Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by Hyanmen It's like SE isn't even trying. ArenaNet released more content in the first 2 weeks for GW2. Trion released quadruple amount of content in the 1/10th of the time SE used to deliver this sad excuse of a content update. My grandma could create more content for this game in half the time. This game sux LOL

FFXIV: Great and lasting PvE content with the update with things added like a barbershop and treasure hunting, plus housing that is actually housing and not just GW2's instanced crap.

I think he was being sarcastic :P

The housing in FFXIV is also instanced, but the big difference here is that it is an instanced neighborhood with 30 houses. I cant wait to see who my neighboring guilds are. And shared storefronts and of course new fishing spots hehe.

And I could be wrong, but I think its more than a barbershop. I think we get a new non combat class in Aesthetician, complete with mainhand/offhand (comb and scissors) and an outfit. Not sure if the class gets abilities but it still looks pretty cool.

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236
    Solid patch.  My FC is mostly made up of real life buddies and the most we can usually play is 3hours every other night.  Good pace to get content done.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Trion released quadruple amount of content in the 1/10th of the time SE used to deliver this sad excuse of a content update.

[mod edit]

I believe he was simply poking fun at the hater's club around here[mod edit]

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    This patch is going to be awesome.  The people bashing this game probably haven't even stepped into coils let a lone cleared it so them crying about nothing to do is a bunch of BS.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Hyanmen It's like SE isn't even trying. ArenaNet released more content in the first 2 weeks for GW2. Trion released quadruple amount of content in the 1/10th of the time SE used to deliver this sad excuse of a content update. My grandma could create more content for this game in half the time. This game sux LOL

I think he was being sarcastic :P

The housing in FFXIV is also instanced, but the big difference here is that it is an instanced neighborhood with 30 houses. I cant wait to see who my neighboring guilds are. And shared storefronts and of course new fishing spots hehe.

And I could be wrong, but I think its more than a barbershop. I think we get a new non combat class in Aesthetician, complete with mainhand/offhand (comb and scissors) and an outfit. Not sure if the class gets abilities but it still looks pretty cool.

I meant like you actually had a house and items to put in it and around it. GW2 has none of that. GW2's instanced "housing" is literally just a portion of each races' main city... Like there is nothing to even do it in it and you don't even have your own house!

Smile

I meant like you actually had a house and items to put in it and around it. GW2 has none of that. GW2's instanced "housing" is literally just a portion of each races' main city... Like there is nothing to even do it in it and you don't even have your own house!

Oh I did not know that heh. Sorry , I never played GW2 past one beta weekend. I thought it had housing where you could place trophies and decorate?