Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what MMO are you guys playing right now?

Comments

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    World of warplanes...tanks on occasion    Lotro I reinstalled as well. Helms deep skirmishes are kinda fun 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

GW2 still and enjoying it :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Quirhid
    Playing Eve for the moment, but its more like a hobby than a game. Been waiting for a good game for a while now.

Didn't think you actually played any MMORPG's, totally surprised to see you play EVE.  +1 image

Originally posted by mari3k

WoW !

Best game after Daoc.

Shouldn't be allowed to mention WOW in the same breath as DAOC. image

Speaking of which, I'm still on my "old school" DAOC freeshard, (2003 ruleset) about 8 months I think now.

Not sure what on the horizon might be of interest, we'll see when the time comes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540

Lord of the rings online

Istaria

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

PS2

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Nothing at the moment, waiting to open up my birthday present later this month so I can play "The Last of Us" on my PS3.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    bouncing around a lot between: EQ2, NW, ...blahblahblah. learning to just enjoy the games for what they are rather than what i want.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Skyrim.......... for the third time.
    Better than any MMO out there.
    Not too excited about ESO though, I wished Bethesda had gone with TES 6 instead

• DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Member Posts: 60
    Playing vanilla wow on a private server. Great times again killin' Alliance at the xroads.
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

Been playing Real Life lately.

Not bad for an hardcore open world PvP full loot sandbox but terribily grindy requiring a lot training before you really start playing. Even then all the higher level characters have taken all the good places and positions so all your time in the tutorial might be useless requiring you to travel across a ton of zones just to access low level content.

Community and PvP rules tend to vary from zone to zone. Advise that you double check the rules of your destination before you go there. Some training too might help if you get ganked.

We have no news about when content is going to be released, nor does there seem to be any patching. Not sure if the Admin(s) have abandoned the project or not, but at this point people aren't even sure if there's ever been one.

The graphics and NPCs are pretty stellar overall, though some seem to be put there to just annoy you. Be mindful of your local PvP rules though. Some communities enforce a no pvp zone pretty strongly.

The best part of this game though isn't the game itself, but the minigames within it. Groups have gotten together to create minigames within the world of other worlds that are pretty addictive and fun. But the problem is most of these games require ingame currency to buy, which pretty much ties you to having to grind at 'jobs' at varying hours a week.

There are some groups that have announced that they are working on revolutionary minigames coming out soon. But lately they haven't been that impressive, we'll have to see if any of their projects pan out.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Lyrian

Not bad for an hardcore open world PvP full loot sandbox but terribily grindy requiring a lot training before you really start playing. Even then all the higher level characters have taken all the good places and positions so all your time in the tutorial might be useless requiring you to travel across a ton of zones just to access low level content.

Community and PvP rules tend to vary from zone to zone. Advise that you double check the rules of your destination before you go there. Some training too might help if you get ganked.

We have no news about when content is going to be released, nor does there seem to be any patching. Not sure if the Admin(s) have abandoned the project or not, but at this point people aren't even sure if there's ever been one.

The graphics and NPCs are pretty stellar overall, though some seem to be put there to just annoy you. Be mindful of your local PvP rules though. Some communities enforce a no pvp zone pretty strongly.

The best part of this game though isn't the game itself, but the minigames within it. Groups have gotten together to create minigames within the world of other worlds that are pretty addictive and fun. But the problem is most of these games require ingame currency to buy, which pretty much ties you to having to grind at 'jobs' at varying hours a week.

There are some groups that have announced that they are working on revolutionary minigames coming out soon. But lately they haven't been that impressive, we'll have to see if any of their projects pan out.

Great metaphor but word o warning   People will jump your shitwhen you

comparereal life to te holy sandbox

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• NewfrNewfr Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Battlefield 4

Yep, no MMOs that I enjoy right now so BF4 too.

Sadly BF4 crashes too much for me to enjoy it. So i'm playing WoW now, but that's not for long.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Ultima Online Forever, Planetside 2, Baldur's Gate EE edition (just getting around to it).

I also bought a few games on the steam sale I have yet to even install.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• bladedancerbladedancer Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I play Rift somewhat regularly at the moment, sort of waiting for Wildstar, WoD, TESO (big maybe on that one) and maybe Everquest Next. Occasionally I play GW2, Hearthstone (got lucky and got into the closed beta) and a little Skyrim on the 360, as I still need to fix my Assassin's Creed 3 :3

Peter Griffin: you know those germans, if you dont join the party, they?ll come get ya

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Back to EQ1. Besides the graphics and animations, it is still an amazing game.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Originally posted by Lyrian

Great metaphor but word o warning   People will jump your shitwhen you

comparereal life to te holy sandbox

Zones, Mini-games, pvp rulesets, stellar graphics and no perma-death .... this is no sandbox my friend.

Im playing Nothing atm

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Age of Wushu. It's been a yeah and almost 1 month. Still looking for something better.

edit- and planetside 2, best shooter ever made besides golden eye imo.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have not played a MMO since about 4 months ago when i last played FFXI.

I could honestly say my still fave game of UT99 is more a MMO than anything popping up now days because i ALWAYS interact with more people than most MMO's allow or are designed for.So many games are just solo designed with those linear quests or all instances the DEMON that removes the MMO from MMORPG.

I am not even sure i will try Archeage because i know EXACTLY what type of game i want,especially from the class/combat design.I feel AA will warrant a try from anyone based on a generalization but again as i said it will not offer the combat or class design i want,so i would be fooling myself to think i will enjoy it long term.

So what else to look forward to?I highly doubt EQ Next,SOE has gone completely nuts,i think Smedley should find a different role in the company as i used to consider SOE the very best and by a lot.

All we can look forward to i guess is the constant barrage of  half done F2p games that will pop up from all parts of the globe and just twiddle around in each for a week or two and move on to  the next.

I said MANY years ago,the only hope for this genre is a really big funding from several sponsors,advertisers.I think it is really easy to pull off if one developer had any smarts.people talked about it in forums over 10 years ago,so why has no developer got advertisers aboard in their games.Have in game advertising they could even create items that are specific to AMD or Intel or any other sponsor.Example new gpu boards could come with Wow or Rift or EQ items that only those buying that gpu can get in those games.All of those PC peripherals have been coming with free game CD's for years,why not get them to sponsor in game items and help sell their products.P2win well yes it is ,but i think if it helped fund an amazing game,most would be ok with it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

Playing GW2 every now and then but haven't been playing MMOs as much.  I got Far Cry 3 and The Witcher 2 on sale along with some other steam sales that will keep me occupied!

I'm hoping EQ Next will be as wild as it looks/they say!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830
    I am playing Eve Online, LOTRO, and SWTOR.  I was getting into Dust but it would be better suited if it was on a PC. I just can't get into the console for a FPS lobby- sorry. 
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    FFXIV
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Lineage 2, waiting for ArcheAge, Blade & Soul and Black Desert.
  • Bizze66Bizze66 Member Posts: 22
    I split time between The Secret World and my shiny new Xbox One. Waiting for Elder Scrolls Online, Shroud of the Avatar, The Repopulation, Everquest Next, and (watching with skepticism) Star Citizen.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Knight Online World for my MMO

Tribes Ascend for shooter.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Cant believe im saying it but, i just got back into WoW.image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".