Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Talking Eldar with the 40k Team

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With today's revelation of the Eldar faction in Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade, we wanted to find out more. We caught up with several members of the WH40k team to talk Eldar. See what they had to say before heading to the comments to leave your impressions.

MMORPG.com: When you decided to make Eldar part of the Eternal Crusade factions, what were your first impressions?

David Ghozland: “The Eldar will be challenging, but they’re so iconic that we simply HAVE to have them in the game.  They're also our only launch-race that gives us the opportunity to add women warriors!”

Brent Ellison: “They’re a challenge for us because they’re the aliens who don’t fit in the same sort of structures as the other factions. Their characters are extremely specialized, and they’re effective at short or long ranges, not so much medium and their primary weapon, the shuriken catapult, is nothing like the bullet, slug, or rocket-based projectile weapons we’re used to.

We’re thrilled to have them, but we want to be sure that we do them right." 

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade: Talking Eldar with the 40k Team.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Sounds very good:

>"Brent Ellison: "We're also planning to make the Eldar feel different to control, and move around differently than the other races- faster, more acrobatic, things like that.  We'll be reshaping the user interface and progression to match their unique features.""

>"Brent Ellison: "Eldar will be fleet of foot, clearing cover and other obstacles faster than the clunkier Space Marines or Orks.  Eldar jump packs will also feel and control very differently from Space Marine jump packs, but we want to do more testing before we go into detail.""

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Wraithboner
  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185

Blessed creatures, I have broken through their mortal crust and drawn from them their greatest strength: mutability. I coax bone, weave flesh, and lace sinew tight until it strains to lash out!...

...I'll let our wretched cousins have their time, because I've gotten used to choosing (probably) the least popular armies (Druchii/Dark Eldar).

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I told my friend the only way they for sure lock me into this game is if I can be a dark angel on an assault bike or an eldar warp spider, looks like they are getting my loyalty early.
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I forgot to mention swoophawks, jetpacks < swoophax (as we used to call them pre grenade nerfs and 3.0+)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I just want to see the game in action because talk is cheap. Looking forward to playing this on Xbox One.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    WTB Howling Banshees. Thanks!
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by MikeB
    WTB Howling Banshees. Thanks!

Oh god...not again.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    THIS IS A GAME WITH NOTHING TO SHOW EXCEPT ART

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Originally posted by bbbb42
    THIS IS A GAME WITH NOTHING TO SHOW EXCEPT ART

I suppose if you discount the pre-alpha gameplay video

• rpgcloudrpgcloud Member Posts: 10
    I'll look forward to crushing the eldar infidels under my size 50 ultra marine boot!

For the emperor!
  • mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Looking forward to seeing if they include the Sisters of Battle and the Inquisition, and how they'll affect the game.
  • Necromunda77Necromunda77 Member Posts: 11

Hey guys,

I am loving that this game is coming.  As far as I am concerned it can't get here soon enough!  One thing I would like to express how the world of 40000k has so many layers.   I have read other news on what is gonna be involved in the game and heard about the "underground" world of 40000K.  I think one way you guys could really make the underground world very in depth in this game is looking into the world of Necromunda!  The Hive worlds and gangs of warhammer 40K could be a very fun part of the 40k world to bring into this game.  I am sure it would be a lot of work to bring it in, but, if you did.....OMG!  Just like other races, orks, eldar, having the Necromunda gangs, (Vanssar's) hint, running in the hives/underground and ganging XP, new members would just be unreal!   It would add so much to the depth of the game guys!   Since most of the gangs all have their own goals and out for themselves so to speak, they could throw little wrench's in the other races plans.  Could be very interesting. 

Keep up the work guys, can't wait for this to hit beta testing! 

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189

Ahahaha, definetly xD

"Woman" :D

• SST_2_0SST_2_0 Member UncommonPosts: 21

I got chastised on the main EC site for talking about a trading system based on items you lose when your beaten.  I was pushing for finding and being awarded "recipes" based on in game action.  Some sort of NPC would handle it all on your clan ship.  The material for building items would be found just as you play, no matter how you play.   The crafted items would again have been one life use but they could be traded.  

On the site they were against it cause it was lore breaking.  Well when I see the classes I can't help but feel the number of people who would field a wraithguard or some sort of psyker compared to the number in lore... breaking.