Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seemingly massive re-sub?

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I don't know what is going on but there has been a resurgence in players in Darkfall UW this week. 

A lot of people were unsubbing and playing other games like Rust or BF4 or Lol, but for whatever reason a huge amount of people have resubbed.  Not to mention the sale AV put on brought in a bunch of new people.

Hopefully AV can respond in kind with timely game updates.

Last night was some awesome pvp on ice.  About  5 large roaming groups running around that we came across looking for trouble.

Comments

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126

5 large roaming groups.

You understand that this does not look good, right?

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

There are a few massive sieges scheduled for this week too. Yeah, lots of people around.

As it has always been, the "It's dead!" cries were largely wrong.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Are you mad Op, this game is far more dead than DF1 already...

Originally posted by Maejohl

5 large roaming groups.

5 roaming groups on one subcontinent? The least populated subcontinent? Groups that could be 20 to 100 man large for all you know?

Detractors will take the information however they want.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

The world was really empty and maybe it still is.  I know that the clan I was in had a lot of people leave, and maybe 90% of them returned.  Hell, we had one guy resub because he was in teamspeak listening to us in all these fights.  In teamspeak people are talking about all these other players and clans who quit who are now playing the game.  Yes last night was awesome fun, but you guys are right...maybe it was a fluke.

I think people are starting to realize there is no other game like Darkfall though.  

Originally posted by Caaahl
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

5 large roaming groups.

5 roaming groups on one subcontinent? The least populated subcontinent? Groups that could be 20 to 100 man large for all you know?

[mod edit]

My point was that
    "groups" can be taken to mean anything. You seem to have missed that.

Also, almost no one buys through Steam, that's always been known.

5 large roaming groups.

[mod edit]

No the groups were in the 10-15 person range.  Also I was talking about a lot of people re-subbing based on what I and my clan mates have seen. 

As for your steam chart, not many people play through it but whatever floats your boat.  In my experience the people who hate on Darkfall the most are the people who love it the most. 

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

All you saw was an effort by some of the remaining alliances to run organized pvp encounters. They have been doing arranged pvp for weeks. They even have private forums setup so they can arrange these fights behind the scenes: http://dfna1leaders.enjin.com/home

Will having leaders secretly arrange fake pvp battles really get people back? How long until the few people that might have resubbed catch on to this trick and quit again?

Originally posted by MrBoots

All you saw was an effort by some of the remaining alliances to run organized pvp encounters. They have been doing arranged pvp for weeks. They even have private forums setup so they can arrange these fights behind the scenes: http://dfna1leaders.enjin.com/home

Will having leaders secretly arrange fake pvp battles really get people back? How long until the few people that might have resubbed catch on to this trick and quit again?

Last night was all random pvp.  Yes there are organized events, as is typical in a sandbox game. 

Originally posted by Badaboom

5 large roaming groups.

[mod edit]

No the groups were in the 10-15 person range.  Also I was talking about a lot of people re-subbing based on what I and my clan mates have seen. 

As for your steam chart, not many people play through it but whatever floats your boat.  In my experience the people who hate on Darkfall the most are the people who love it the most. 

But i do get kind of mad if people like tibernicus act like the server pop is healthy when its just a plain lie.

And I really hate when people who don't play the game try to make estimates as to what the server pop is, and pass those estimates off as fact.

I've never made the claim that server pop was healthy. The numbers from the forums showing clan lists clearly depict shrinking numbers. But this has happened dozens of times over the course of Darkfall's life. Whenever there is a lull before a big content patch, and AV goes into silent mode, numbers dwindle and people shout that the game is dead, usually by people who aren't subscribed anymore.

[mod edit]

The 20k number is absolutely believable, considering the context and time it was delivered in. If you don't want to believe that number, be my guest, but you can't also use the information that AV is in debt, as it came from the same source in the same context. Why would someone be brutally honest about the shortcomings of their game and company, and then fluff that one particular bit? But trolls will be trolls.

It was even announced in my clan's forums dude. I don't know who you think you are kidding.
    It was even announced in my clan's forums dude. I don't know who you think you are kidding.

haha wow, so now organized PvP is "fake" PvP and should be crucified?

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I keep wanting to come back. As others have said, there's nothing like darkfall. That's the thing that pisses me off about these "haters". With all of AV's faults, DFUW is still better than almost every game out there.

It's on the same level as dueling. Not to mention the intention is to mislead people into thinking the game is active so they sub/resub.

It's on the same level as dueling. Not to mention the intention is to mislead people into thinking the game is active so they sub/resub.

The pvp last night was real and spontaneous...don't know what your talking about. 

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

That's just pathetic if true.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

The pvp last night was real and spontaneous...don't know what your talking about. 

That's what they want you to believe and really there is nothing wrong with that.  It's just good to be aware of what is really happening behind the scenes.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

And then they come here and call it a massive increase in subscriptions?

Aventurine have to first get everything into the game they promised late 2012, LOL. Keep their promises.

Aventurine simply lied to us. 

What was promised a year ago still isnt in the game.

I guess players got fed up with these empty promises and went to other games.

That's what they want you to believe and really there is nothing wrong with that.  It's just good to be aware of what is really happening behind the scenes.

LOL, you're seriously conspiracy suggesting that my pvp last night was rigged/setup?  I knew this site has fallen to lows, but didn't think it fell that far.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

5 large roaming groups.

This is the problem with 3D PvP games.  It is so much easier to coordinate zergs.

Ultima Online never had this problem.  I've been asking for an updated version of it for years, with Diablo style combat, in a top-down isometric style view.  You can't zoom too far back as to be able to control large groups of players, because you simply couldn't see them if they ran off screen.  There would be more small groups and solo game play.  You'd actually have a decent chance of defending yourself.  The combat would be super fun.  

Hopefully, that game doesn't end up being made by aventurine...

Originally posted by DAS1337

5 large roaming groups.

This is the problem with 3D PvP games.  It is so much easier to coordinate zergs.

Ultima Online never had this problem.  I've been asking for an updated version of it for years, with Diablo style combat, in a top-down isometric style view.  You can't zoom too far back as to be able to control large groups of players, because you simply couldn't see them if they ran off screen.  There would be more small groups and solo game play.  You'd actually have a decent chance of defending yourself.  The combat would be super fun.  

I never got into UO but why could you not zerg there?  The camera angle in DF is not zoomable to any extent, and the only wide camera angle is when you're on sailing a ship.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

5 large roaming groups.

I never got into UO but why could you not zerg there?  The camera angle in DF is not zoomable to any extent, and the only wide camera angle is when you're on sailing a ship.

because range was limited, basically. And aoe wasn't as effective... in fact it barely existed.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Holophonist

5 large roaming groups.

because range was limited, basically. And aoe wasn't as effective... in fact it barely existed.

AoE existed very much both in smalltime fights against for example tamers in dungeons and in many different scenarios in factions.

AoE was used alot but had little range.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    We picked up about 8 new players in my clan. They are loving the game.
  • Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    You say resurgence but my god would it need to be thousands of players I tried this game and in about 20 hours of gameplay I only seen two other people and they were as amazed as I was when we ran into each other.