Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons for Perma Death

2»

Comments

• ChochChoch Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Khan187

All this talk about giving a sense of whatever and what not about perma death is really .... not sure how to put it without being rude ...  hmm ............... un-thoughtful to say the least.

Ok, I am playing the game and my 6 months old boy suddenly screams out. I run to attend to him and guess what .... my super duper char got killed by a tiny little monster. Ohh gg me

Or somebody rings the doorbell and you went to answer the door ... come back to the PC and  ... you got some1 killed .... GG.

Same for lags and so on.

It wont work out so well if the company aims to have a lot of people playing the game. Might do well if they want a small group of people who can dedicate 100% of their time to the game when they are playing.

That's why you have 100 lives smart guy.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

The thing that I don't get with the permadeath systems out there is why don't any of them have some sort of accompanying heritage system?

Like for example say you are part of a clan, if your char permadeaths, you can create a char that carries on the wealth and attributes of the previous char (not the xp though of course) using the same family name.

Of course if you area  loner then permadeath will be permadeath.

That way, you are motivating people to form clans or associate with other people as soon as they can but at the same time still having the permadeath penalty.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

The thing that I don't get with the permadeath systems out there is why don't any of them have some sort of accompanying heritage system?

Like for example say you are part of a clan, if your char permadeaths, you can create a char that carries on the wealth and attributes of the previous char (not the xp though of course) using the same family name.

That way, you are motivating people to form clans or associate with other people as soon as they can but at the same time still having the permadeath penalty.

Star Citizen will have permadeath, but you select an heir who will inherit all the wealth and ships upon death (minus taxes and illegal goods I bet, hehehehe).

Like you see, Cloud Computing doesn't believe in forcing people into joining a "clan" to get access to the game feature.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by azarhal

Star Citizen will have permadeath, but you select an heir who will inherit all the wealth and ships upon death (minus taxes and illegal goods I bet, hehehehe).

Like you see, Cloud Computing doesn't believe in forcing people into joining a "clan" to get access to the game feature.

That's sounds like a good thing SC is doing.

I don't see it as "access to feature" though, it is more like it makes logical sense - I mean how do you have heirs if you don't associate with anyone, lol? :P I guess we can start genetically ourselves for asexual reproduction maybe

I mean I wouldn't call forcing people to get access to feature if I don't have access to guild combat/guild halls if I don't have a guild.

• ChochChoch Member UncommonPosts: 157

I don't think something like this is entirely impossible within ToA. I would recommend joining the forums and bringing this up for discussion. I think this would be an awesome idea to float by the dev's

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by GimiZigi

I don't think something like this is entirely impossible within ToA. I would recommend joining the forums and bringing this up for discussion. I think this would be an awesome idea to float by the dev's

Interesting idea but it does not seem that they are setup for this kind of transfer.

"Eventually, your character will come to its end. When that happens, you will be sent to your character selection screen to view your recently deceased character and a list of interesting facts about his or her life in TerVarus. We haven’t solidified the exact information we will capture but it will surely be the larger achievements your character made (ruled a kingdom of four settlements) along with the more mundane (killed 152 rabbits).

In addition, your character may make it into the monolith’s coveted listing of past characters, depending on his or her contribution to TerVarus.

There is no system currently in place to allow you to pass down material goods or skills from one character to the next. If you want to give your new character items from your old character, you will have to use a third person to help with the transfer or risk leaving your items in a hidden place long enough to grab them with your new character."

It does sound like you could create an heir to your character in the form of another character,   that you could at least pass on your wealth to.   Since they plan on making a memorial to fallen characters in the game that lists their achievements,  starting a new character with an such an obvious advantage would seem to lessen earlier, start from scratch characters, achievements IMO.    

And I think that would take something away from what permadeath is meant to be in this game.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!