Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] General: Area of Effect

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our weekly comic, artist Blaz Klaric brings us his irreverent look into the foibles of the MMO worlds we love, and love to hate. Check out "Area of Effect" and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Not nearly as good as the last one.....no, far from the last one, this one is just....ya.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    Not nearly as good as the last one.....no, far from the last one, this one is just....ya.

Why do people insist on insulting these... Just read them and enjoy them for what they are. MMORPG.com doesn't have to do this at all.

Smile

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I chuckled. Gotta love the ridiculous collision detection present in many games these days. Such a cheap, lazy way to artificially increase difficulty.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    I liked it :)

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    I liked it, because it's exaclty what happens as well, even though it's ridiculous :p

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Why do people insist on insulting these... Just read them and enjoy them for what they are. MMORPG.com doesn't have to do this at all.

Amen

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    haha, so true.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

I like this one simply for how ridiculous it is.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I actually like these strips. This one is pretty funny too.
  • ApocalypseSunriseApocalypseSunrise Member Posts: 80
    Makes sense because it's true. Keep up the good work.

Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint.

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    i liked it :) it's not hilarious, but it is funny
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

There is a High Contrast object in the game world, that is surrounded by an additional High Contrast area of affect identifying ring, yet you still step into it? 

You ask why is the ring so big?  Because it is the minimum we can accurately detect collision of the player moving objects in the time given.  Any smaller and GM would get millions of messages saying,  "I was no where near that trap when I got dinged for damage."  The GM responds, "You were -49ms + (-127ms round trip) before."  So guess what, if you come with in 170ms of it you set it off.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by Konfess

There is a High Contrast object in the game world, that is surrounded by an additional High Contrast area of affect identifying ring, yet you still step into it? 

You ask why is the ring so big?  Because it is the minimum we can accurately detect collision of the player moving objects in the time given.  Any smaller and GM would get millions of messages saying,  "I was no where near that trap when I got dinged for damage."  The GM responds, "You were -49ms + (-127ms round trip) before."  So guess what, if you come with in 170ms of it you set it off.

Nothing ruins a joke like having to explain it...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    It's the 'wet paint' sign of MMOs. Gotta touch it!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    So so true hahaha

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by LittleBoot
    Originally posted by Konfess

Nothing ruins a joke like having to explain it...

I was not explaining the joke, but responding to the above comment regarding "lazy way to artificially increase difficulty."  I apologies for your confusion.  Once again I am forced to explain things.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    His face while tip-toeing over the circle... hilarious :)