Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Good MMORPG !!

kamienkamien Member UncommonPosts: 26

Hi everyone.  This dude english is far from perfect, you've been warned.

Like alots of players i've played pretty much all the mmorpg's i could find hoping to find the one that would make me ''addicted'' Reason why i'm posting this is.. I'm tired to look around for that game, so i'm trying to regroup here all the idea's of the perfect mmorpg TO ME ( because yes everyone is differant and perhaps alots of people are going to disagree with my idea of ''perfection'' if you are i don't mind but please don't waste you're time trying to argue with me i'm not going to bother lol )

There's only a few games that provided me some of what i was looking for but it was never good enough because everytimes, Something is missing.

Everytimes i look at a MMORPG i'm looking for this;

Sandbox or Not - Personnal preferance i like it when they are Sandbox.

PvP - I'm a person who enjoy challenge in a video game and often PvE isn't offering me enough so PvP is something i really like, Large scale and small doesn't matter as long as there's many options.

Guild Versus Guild - Guilds claiming something and others fighting for the control of it etc etc.. I like when guilds have a purpose other than regrouping people and enjoying a exp buff.

Challenging PvE - Solo and Groups i always enjoy having a challenge, i'm tired of MMORPG's where you can level from 1 to max level whitout dying and while watching youtube and the same time as you play. I remember some games where i was dying 4-15 times before we could kill something but when we did, god we we're happy and it was way more fun that way.

Crafting - I remember games where crafting was essential, NPC's we're selling crap and ''Boss'' we're not dropping gamebreaking weapons. It was players that we're doing the best items and yes you needed to go and defeat dungeons and etc to find some ingredients and etc. You guys know what i'm talking about. And i'm not talking only about weapons and armors here, look ultima online, crafting potions, furniture, clothing etc etc... ( I said Ultima Online but many other name could of worked too. )

Housing - Market - Why a auction house ? i remember when i had to travel to a certain area, go talk with a guild and ask them to craft something for me, they had their own town own market and etc. It was working 15 years ago, its been working in multiple games and i still see games using similar systems. Auction house are nice but to me its just something that make everything too easy and i like talking to someone when i'm buying from him hehe ;) I also remember NPC that could sell stuff for you while you're away, people only had to go to you're store.

GAMEPLAY - We are in 2013 ! I've seen MANY games with the features already mentionned but they all lack something,

The graphics ( I played Ultima Online, T4C, Shadowbane and Dark Age of Camelot for a long time, graphics are not my top priority but.. its a plus. ),

Recently a man said he was going to make a game, alot of you know Richard Garriott and i was trully happy when i saw he's project but, not anymore, i've seen where he's going and its not what i'm looking for still maybe if it was 2001 but like i previously said we're in 2013.

Why i made this post ? Dunno, to speak with people with the same taste i have in MMORPG maybe someone found a game somewhere that i didn't see.. lol

So yeah, what do you think.

Games i played the longest..

Ultima Online ( Obviously - Loved nearly everything about this game )

Everquest ( Everquest 2 was crap, but i'm looking forward to Everquest Next. )

Aion ( Yup the i loved to PvP and controls we're nice.  )

Dark Age of Camelot ( Mass PvP, Huge Guilds, crafting etc.. this game was bomb when it was made )

Like i mentionned i played pretty much all the mmorpg's i could find, but these we're my favorites i guess.

Comments

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I'm guessing you've tried eve, so maybe uncharted waters.  Eldevin released today and could be worth a look, but have't played it for long myself yet.  Combat so far is very generic and a bit dull, crafting seems ok though.

You may have to wait a few months for something good though.

• kamienkamien Member UncommonPosts: 26

I've been looking at Archage ever since it was announced, i'll be keeping an eye on it but i have a strange feeling about it. Maybe because i played so much kr games lol

Karahandras yes i tried Eve, and like you said i guess i'll have to wait a few months. I'm keeping an eye on Kickstarter and mmorpg.com to see anything new lol
    maybe i've seen too many games and i just have too high hopes lol
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by kamien
    maybe i've seen too many games and i just have too high hopes lol

No, Kamien, you're hopes are fair.  Most of us are looking for similar.  Here is the looking for a new game thread:  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/841/LFGame.html  I would suggest waiting about a half year.  There are some real nice mmo's in the making atm.  Perhaps play a few popular non-mmo's that are out now.

Good luck and good gaming!

I'll look at that post thanks

Single player games and console games.. I've played Dark Souls, Demon Souls and Dragon Dogma back to back and now i'll wait Dark Souls 2 ( Dragon Dogma was really easy even on Hard mode but yeah i had nothing else to do and the game isn't bad with the expension. )

but yeh i finish single players games too quickly and then i start looking again for games loll thats why i like mmo i like to play for a long time a game.

• 5Luck5Luck Member UncommonPosts: 218

I dont say it often but you might like DF:UW.

The orginal DF was imo a lot better but this game still has a chalenge to offer. the PvP is very chalenging and even the PvE is tough. 

Fallen earth is another title I dont see very often that has some of the features your looking for.

You might also consider turn based grand straegy games like a 4X title. Those can be very difficult and offer some longer single sittings that you feel like "a lot got done" afterwards. Check the master of orion seires and the civ games as well.

I've been thinking about trying Unholy war for a long time but i don't know.. i heard so many bad comments about it and i watched people play on twitch.tv and the gameplay when you fight is .. there's a something about it that i don't really like.

I might end up trying it anyways cause i've just tried ArchAge on Jap servers and it wasn't what i was looking for at all.

Darkfall Unholy Wars is 66% off at the moment so i purchased it i'll go try this <.<
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by kamien

I might end up trying it anyways cause i've just tried ArchAge on Jpn servers and it wasn't what i was looking for at all.

Many people aren't aware, but the proper way to abbreviate Japanese is Jpn.  The way you had it written is actually a racial slur.

That said, let us know if Darkfall UW has what you want, but somehow I think you'll be back here :(

In any event, thanks for the tip on Archeage, forgot it wasn't just in Korea ;)

Darkfall is currently downloading but yeh ArchAge is in Japan and is P2P over there, but you can register a free account you'll have many limitations tho but at least you can try the game. ( Korea is F2P )

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

If someone were to take the original UO:

-Modernize it with 3D

-Add in an unavoidable small but increasing death penalty for PKing outside of warfare that decreases over time, without any "outs" like blue healers

-Include some of UO's better updates such as custom housing

-Make a truly huge world full of exploration

-Add to the core game play (i.e. add skills such as Gem Cutting, add construction of city things like defensive walls and roads, add to the "rares" and make it a full on system instead of the accident it was...

They'd have one helluva game.

Once upon a time....

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Originally posted by 5Luck

I dont say it often but you might like DF:UW.

The orginal DF was imo a lot better but this game still has a chalenge to offer. the PvP is very chalenging and even the PvE is tough. 

Fallen earth is another title I dont see very often that has some of the features your looking for.

You might also consider turn based grand straegy games like a 4X title. Those can be very difficult and offer some longer single sittings that you feel like "a lot got done" afterwards. Check the master of orion seires and the civ games as well.

Hence why I quit playing DFUW in beta, how they can regress in their game is beyond me. FUCK TASOS. All they needed to do was add sandbox content, remove the grind somewhat, nerf some abilities, get rid of bunny hopping, add more/better PVE, stop exploits like dungeon teleporting, and better graphics; we'd have a good game.

MurderHerd

Originally posted by Amaranthar

If someone were to take the original UO:

-Modernize it with 3D

-Add in an unavoidable small but increasing death penalty for PKing outside of warfare that decreases over time, without any "outs" like blue healers

-Include some of UO's better updates such as custom housing

-Make a truly huge world full of exploration

-Add to the core game play (i.e. add skills such as Gem Cutting, add construction of city things like defensive walls and roads, add to the "rares" and make it a full on system instead of the accident it was...

They'd have one helluva game.

Amen to that

Well i've been playing Darkfall Unholy wars for i'd say 4 hrs right now and there's many things i dislike and many others i like so.. i'll keep playing it for now. But its not love, its just that every other games that i like i've literally finished everything there was to do so i'll play this for a while.
    Originally posted by vicky_john

overall and most of the players like world of warcraft  as best mmo game only. if no idea about the game, click the link , 

http://www.pinterest.com/seo99billion/world-of-warcraft/ 

Not really sure what you are trying to do, but yeh i think pretty much anyone that know mmorpg.com know what wow is.. thank :P

Okay i'm back with some results about Darkfall Unholy Wars.

The 66% sale seems to have worked well the noob zones always had a couple players.. ( Not saying there's a shitload of people but i've never felt lonely )

I've got recruited into a guild after a very few hours of gameplay and i went capturing villages and dungeon with them..

Honnestly, its been FOREVER since i felt this happy in a dungeon, not that it was exeptionnal its just what its suposed to be.

Traps, Monsters Respawning ( If you stay behind you'll get owned. ) The dungeon itself was moving, it was REALLY confusing for new players and seriously I LOVED IT.

Friendly fire is something i'll have to get used to ( especially since i'm a Elementalist using Fire i kinda set on fire my ally's a couple times by mistake xD lolll )

The controls take a lot of time to get used to but i've seen worse.

Graphics are ok, its immersive they could work on the UI and on the character models alots tho. but the everything else is 'ok'

Honnestly i'm having a great time, people are really nice, i didn't see many trolls yet ( Of course if you run out of safe zone don't expect them not to fuck you up ) Just saying i got gifted a full armor and weapon + mounts and etc.. Just like that.. from someone called Requiem.

Anyways

To me this game is a 7.5/10 not for its graphics not for the soundtrack only because its going in the right direction