Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm wondering if I should play this game(but the trial period is closed)

paputszapaputsza Member Posts: 3

Here's the thing. I think I would like to play guild wars, but before I buy it I need to know how it is played. The videos didn't mention enough.

The only thing that matters is how the game is played. Does it  have twitch gameplay like neverwinter or maplestory? I simply cannot play games that have auto-attack. It bores me.

As a side question I'm kind of curious if there is a best cc class. Thank you very much for your expertise. :)

Comments

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by paputsza

Here's the thing. I think I would like to play guild wars, but before I buy it I need to know how it is played. The videos didn't mention enough.

The only thing that matters is how the game is played. Does it  have twitch gameplay like neverwinter or maplestory? I simply cannot play games that have auto-attack. It bores me.

As a side question I'm kind of curious if there is a best cc class. Thank you very much for your expertise. :)

There is some soft auto targeting but mostly twitch. But It is also mostly AOE and when you think CC think of durations  of about a second and instead of targeted CC think AOE effects. The range is really really short in most cases for most classes. 

I would not advise anyone who enjoys CC to invest too much into this game,  think of it this way you can do anything but the only skills that matter are DPS and all durations are short. CC for a second, dots last a second vampire skills etc all short duration. You end up spam stacking things to uptick damage case in point instead of one large DOT you do a few set skills with a thief over and over again to stack short duration bleeds and really the same with any class. After you play a few weeks and realize no matter what you play you end up doing a game of short range dps whack a mole you realize its time to get out. 

It comes down to a few tweaks in standard builds and your choice of amulets and gear  upgrades but once you do the math it feels pretty restrictive and limited. But it is twich based for the most part. 

You should fool around with mesmer bulds and thief set ups if  you want some cc and not be board to death. 

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish

There is some soft auto targeting but mostly twitch. But It is also mostly AOE and when you think CC think of durations  of about a second and instead of targeted CC think AOE effects. The range is really really short in most cases for most classes. 

I would not advise anyone who enjoys CC to invest too much into this game,  think of it this way you can do anything but the only skills that matter are DPS and all durations are short. CC for a second, dots last a second vampire skills etc all short duration. You end up spam stacking things to uptick damage case in point instead of one large DOT you do a few set skills with a thief over and over again to stack short duration bleeds and really the same with any class. After you play a few weeks and realize no matter what you play you end up doing a game of short range dps whack a mole you realize its time to get out. 

It comes down to a few tweaks in standard builds and your choice of amulets and gear  upgrades but once you do the math it feels pretty restrictive and limited. But it is twich based for the most part. 

You should fool around with mesmer bulds and thief set ups if  you want some cc and not be board to death. 

Do you play GW2?

There is NO auto targeting (assuming you aren't reimagining the term...which I think you are). If you use a weapon and something is near...you attack it. Not auto at all...just common sense.

Not gonna go into any more. If you are into a smooth combat system, a world where everything you do in combat gets you experience, leveling most characters to max is a great experience (most...a couple are a chore), then you'll love this.

There are irritating things too. But what game doesn't have these. They have subs

:P

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    GW2 is possibly the most bang for your buck you can possibly have short of Skyrim these days. Unfortunatly GW2 is also one of the most pointless games ever made. Because you never really progress, the game eliminates your desire to log on at all.
  • STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290

Sorry...I said I wouldn't go further...but...

"You should fool around with mesmer bulds and thief set ups if  you want some cc and not be board to death. "

Really? These are the classes recommended? The least played of all besides Engineer? Don't get me wrong cause I play all of them regardless. But these two are the LAST two I'd recommend to get a person into the game and enjoying it.

PVE - Guardian and Ranger were me favorite

PvP - You'll have to ask the many salivating masses cause what ever I say here will draw them to an argument.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

You can set a skill to auto-cast. Almost all weapons have a basic combo in their first slot that they spam, although spamming it mindlessly isn't advisable in some situations and I usually disable it in PvP. Combat is quite twitch-based.

As for the best CC class, it depends on what kind of CC we're talking about. Most classes have some CC, but Mesmer is probably the most-used support class in PvE. Traditional CC isn't that useful, because most bosses are almost immune to it, but you can reflect damage back to the enemies and CC adds.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

This page will help those who  do not really play the game but would like to add this game has no CC.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control_effect

P.S - Oh just don't click the page and say is that it. Click the CC effect and it will tell you where that CC effect is avail in the game and on what classes.

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192

Honestly, if the game doesn't catch you right away, then most of the time it's not worth it.

The only time a game has been worth it to me is if it really was like "oh man, this looks amazing, I need to play it!"

Everquest 2 was like that for me, and I'm still playing it.

Killing dragons is my shit

• nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161
    <snip>

I'd say Fear Necromancer is best for CC if you're playing PvP or WvW. Interrupting your opponent while they run away is satisfying to watch. And if you trait in Terror, watching them get DoT is fun.

Originally posted by STYNKFYST

Do you play GW2?

There is NO auto targeting (assuming you aren't reimagining the term...which I think you are). If you use a weapon and something is near...you attack it. Not auto at all...just common sense.

Not gonna go into any more. If you are into a smooth combat system, a world where everything you do in combat gets you experience, leveling most characters to max is a great experience (most...a couple are a chore), then you'll love this.

There are irritating things too. But what game doesn't have these. They have subs

Yes I DID play Gw2 and well and there is in fact soft autotarget even with basic attacks it will at least autoproc to the nearest enemy. You can miss and they can dodge but its not 100% manual there are also skills with auto targeted abilities.  Actually auto targeting is a point of contention with Mesmers in particular. You can disable it but other can still use it. 

Sugar coat it if you want but what your saying is simply untrue. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

there is an auto attack and autotarget. You can disable them, but as I remember there is no need to do so. 

CC is nonexistent.

Remember this is the game for people who didn't like things like CC and character progression.  They said things like "I don't want to lose control of my character. That's not fun," and "once I reach top tier, I don't ever want to have to get gear again." Anet made GW2 for them. The people who thought good WoW arena players getting better gear was unfair. GW2 is a game where everyone gets a trophy if you log in enough.

So if you where in that group, w/o question you should buy. If not, don't waste your time.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Do you play GW2?

Yes I DID play Gw2 and well and there is in fact soft autotarget even with basic attacks it will at least autoproc to the nearest enemy. You can miss and they can dodge but its not 100% manual there are also skills with auto targeted abilities.  Actually auto targeting is a point of contention with Mesmers in particular. You can disable it but other can still use it. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL

Seriously though do you take this post serious

Originally posted by elitero

Do you play GW2?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL

Seriously though do you take this post serious

As long as he doesn't take  you seriously he should be fine.

Look just go through the class skill videos on youtube you will see which skills are psudo auto aim and which ones are basically heat seeking missles. 

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    GW2 is possibly the most bang for your buck you can possibly have short of Skyrim these days. Unfortunatly GW2 is also one of the most pointless games ever made. Because you never really progress, the game eliminates your desire to log on at all.

Agree... still has awsome music :P

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

No auto attack. Its twitch based.

CC is not very much style of GW2, the game is to fast paced for that. Its mostly used in PVP to prevent players from escaping.

You can also spec any class to do CC or whatever you like.

As for trial , you dont need it. Everyone and their dog is playing GW2

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

its worth the price  the world is beautiful   and the dungeons are a pain in the ass i have yet to do the pvp  will when i hit 80 i will be on this for a while  form playing eso and finding out they copied the combat system turned me off to  sub for this combat system its easy to lv up lots to do if you like mmos probely the best mmo i do not think we will see a diffrent combat system for a # of years  sad

Originally posted by Lobotomist

No auto attack. Its twitch based.

CC is not very much style of GW2, the game is to fast paced for that. Its mostly used in PVP to prevent players from escaping.

You can also spec any class to do CC or whatever you like.

As for trial , you dont need it. Everyone and their dog is playing GW2

why are people saying there is no auto attack? You hit you "1" button, and your character spams that attack. That is auto attack. Heck you can AFK events this way. 

Originally posted by Tatercake

its worth the price  the world is beautiful   and the dungeons are a pain in the ass i have yet to do the pvp  will when i hit 80 i will be on this for a while  form playing eso and finding out they copied the combat system turned me off to  sub for this combat system its easy to lv up lots to do if you like mmos probely the best mmo i do not think we will see a diffrent combat system for a # of years  sad

wth are you people talking about? ESO is reticle (aim) based like Tera, DF:UW, & Neverwinter. GW2 is not reticle based. image

Originally posted by bcbully

wth are you people talking about? ESO is reticle (aim) based like Tera, DF:UW, & Neverwinter. GW2 is not reticle based. image

Hey can you please post a source. Thanks

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Heck you can AFK events this way. 

Yes there is auto-attack set by default but certain class builds actually play better with it disabled.   However ummmm....no you can't AFK events that way.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• RiversdaleRiversdale Member UncommonPosts: 20

bcbully is right. There is auto-attack and auto-targeting though they can be turned off if you wish. You can also tab-target if you wish. Basically you can set it up to be more like a traditional tab-targeting MMO or disable various features to make targeting more freeform.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auto_attack

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Combat_.2F_Movement

Crowd control is present but generally more short-lived than you might be used to from other MMOs with durations generally lasting a few seconds. There are some skills which have longer durations and durations can be increased (by up to 100%) by altering your build, using certain weapons and item upgrades + eating certain foods.

Not sure what the best CC class would be sorry. All classes have some form of crowd control depending on which weapons are equipped. 

• StarS0ftStarS0ft Member UncommonPosts: 124

Guild Wars 2 has not autoattack. But you can set ONE of your SKILL to repeat on CD. For example healing skill. Or shout.

But this this is just simple interface feature. You will never win a battle using 1 skill and you can not make best DPS using 1 skill :-)

I don't know which class is the best in CC. I like Elementalist. You will have a lot of such skills.

With staff and frost bow, You will have 38 skills in battle, inlcuding 8 CC skills and lot of AOE abilities.

You can: lauch foes, block the path for foes, immobilize group, stun, chill&slow single and group of foes, knockback

I like to do it against huge groups of enemies on WvW battles.

Also I suggest to try GuildWars2, it's a really amazing game. I am leaved WOW a year ago (after 5 years) to play in GW2, and still enjoy.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    wow some of the people in here just plain out lie to try and sell this game to others. This game has a auto attack its your first skill and you have to turn it off. Its still a tab target based auto attack game. I have 4 80s and people here saying there is no auto attack are just lying to sell you a game for I have no idea why. Stynkfist even went on a tangent sounding like the PR marketing director for the game... While it has a actiony combat system if you want it to play like tera or neverwinter you will have to mod the game using a combat mod which btw if you get caught you will be banned but they are out there. But seriously people if you do not have enough common sense to what the poster is asking stop posting nonsense about a game you obviously know nothing about or just enjoy trolling the OP by lying to him to get him to spend money.
  • StarS0ftStarS0ft Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by cronius77
    wow some of the people in here just plain out lie to try and sell this game to others. This game has a auto attack its your first skill and you have to turn it off. Its still a tab target based auto attack game. I have 4 80s and people here saying there is no auto attack are just lying to sell you a game for I have no idea why. Stynkfist even went on a tangent sounding like the PR marketing director for the game... While it has a actiony combat system if you want it to play like tera or neverwinter you will have to mod the game using a combat mod which btw if you get caught you will be banned but they are out there. But seriously people if you do not have enough common sense to what the poster is asking stop posting nonsense about a game you obviously know nothing about or just enjoy trolling the OP by lying to him to get him to spend money.

You mentioned that FIRST skill ONLY can be set to repeat and explain 'this is autoattack".

ANY skill can be set. Just press CTRL+right mouse on the skill and this skill will be set to repeat on CD. 

this works on one skill only at one time.

According to your post looks like you just ordinary hater. 

• SandvichSandvich Member Posts: 39

Without a target selected many of the ranged skills in GW2 will fire in a straight line based on camera angle, allowing you to simulate that. Others will  fire in a straight line at a set distance, allowing skills like the mesmer Feedback to be placed between two groups (for example) as opposed to being placed around a selected target. Not all skills are like this, but knowing your skills and what happens both with and without a target can really enhance the combat.

• Alright, I'm going to clear this auto attack/ no auto attack thing up.

It's is NOT auto attack like in, say, EQ. You don't click one button and stand there waiting for the attack to happen. Besides the ranged weapon's case the auto attack is more 3 separate attacks. 3 different animations that will repeat when you hit something with each consecutive attack. This is generally not your primary damage dealing attack. For ranged weapons, your character will spam a single ranged attack, but it much faster than any traditional auto attack.

So, No, it's not a traditional auto attack, but yes it does automatically repeat the 3 attacks when you hit with each attack. 

I would suggest not asking forums whether or not to get a game because you will get the people who LOVE to defend the game and then you also get the people who want the game to die. Check games out on twitch.tv and youtube. I watch Angryjoe's game reviews, he has one for GW2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-_06Acj8Y