Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Unholy Wars: Biggest joke of a suggestion yet?

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Holophonist
    Originally posted by MrBoots
    It's amusing that some people think that DFUW does not share the same core code with DFO. DFUW is just a version of DFO with some content removed and a NGE style expansion pack added.

How do you know it does? I have no idea if it does or not, but people in this community love to just make claims about things like this.

All you have to do is look at it and have played DF1.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by ilives
    It's amusing that some people think that DFUW does not share the same core code with DFO. DFUW is just a version of DFO with some content removed and a NGE style expansion pack added.

How do you know it does? I have no idea if it does or not, but people in this community love to just make claims about things like this.

Wow you guys are like reverse Neos. You can look at the world and see the code underneath.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

+1 -- any vet can easily can tell you that 75-80% of the game is based off the old one.  

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Maejohl
    but after 4 years, 2000 Euros and still no working game, I think AV have had enough crowdfunding from me.

Soooo, one person on the forum makes a poll, and it gets shot down, and you decide its time to start troll posting over here? And then you cap it off by trying to claim that there is no working game? What have you been paying for then, pray tell? And if it doesn't work, why pay for it? I just don't understand you.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Indeed 3 years of subscription should be enough crowdfounding for me aswell.

I also imagined they would have a working game in this time.

Technically DF:UW is still in Beta because it hasn't all features implemented.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Romulan78Romulan78 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    The game has enough promise that maybe a kickstarter is not a bad idea. The question is will the money go to fixing the game? If it does what is the harm?
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Technically WoW is still in beta because it hasn't all features implemented.

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

Wow, what a sad arguement. Why do people continue to white knight for this game? This forum is about as productive as the swtor forum. Both should be closed because its always the same topics over and over again.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Originally posted by CowboyHat

Wow, what a sad arguement. Why do people continue to white knight for this game? This forum is about as productive as the swtor forum. Both should be closed because its always the same topics over and over again.

Pointing out a moronic argument is now "white knighting"? Calling a game "unfinished" is the cool thing to do when you don't like it. How many classes were mentioned by WoW devs, or are in the pipelines for other MMOs, but not yet implemented? MMOs update and grow as they age. That doesn't make them "unfinished", and that's why the argument is stupid.

There are people upset at this game for taking so long to mature, and then there are people who hate this game because its not Darkfall 1. The OP is in the latter group, I'm in the former. The OP crusades against this game mostly making things up or muck raking. I point out where people are wrong. Plenty of things to complain about with this game without resorting to using false statements.

The game is unfinished >.<.

It was planned to ealease with a class design of which 1/3 of classes still missing. It was planned to realse with 70+ dungeons according to the devs thnemselves of which 99% are missing.

Alone that makes it incomplete, everything else  is moronic drivel from AV shills.

We can also ask the customers which game they perceive as not feature complete DF:UW or WoW.

The need for someone has TO COME UP WITH THE IDEA of  CROWDFOUNDING  is a STRONG INDICATION OF NOT FINISHED in it self. 

Why some VIP should post an idea about crowdfounding if the game has been working and features were complete ?

Please come up with a smart and not moronic arguments next time.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

It was planned to ealease with a class design of which 1/3 of classes still missing. It was planned to realse with 70+ dungeons according to the devs thnemselves of which 99% are missing.

Dark Age of Camelot mapped out classes, as do many other MMOs, intended to release AFTER the game goes live, which is what AV said about their classes. The dungeons, they never promised them for launch. But they DID say soon after launch, which we are well beyond now. Having features planned for post release != unfinished.

We can also ask the customers which game they perceive as not feature complete DF:UW or WoW.

And you'll get the same kind of responses. People who don't like the game will say "UNFINISHED" THE GAME LITERALLY CANNOT BE PLAYED. Some people have gone so far as to say that there isn't a working game right now, which is absolute drivel.

And me, someone who doesn't like WoW could make an argument that WoW, lacking such basic features as housing, isn't a finished game. It's a stupid argument.

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    i spend 0$ in this game why? full loot :)

Dark Age of Camelot mapped out classes, as do many other MMOs, intended to release AFTER the game goes live, which is what AV said about their classes. The dungeons, they never promised them for launch. But they DID say soon after launch, which we are well beyond now. Having features planned for post release != unfinished.

Indeed having 90% of game content planned for post release and calling that finished  is another way of AV to scam customers. (grabbing money for client sales of a unfinished product)

According to  software development standards is the serious  world it is called not feature compelte.

And you'll get the same kind of responses. People who don't like the game will say "UNFINISHED" THE GAME LITERALLY CANNOT BE PLAYED. Some people have gone so far as to say that there isn't a working game right now, which is absolute drivel.

And me, someone who doesn't like WoW could make an argument that WoW, lacking such basic features as housing, isn't a finished game. It's a stupid argument.

Just the game is not working even for DF fans.

Take the OP , hell take dozens of  AV ex-follower , hell take me. No one near a WoW player and a themepark hater.

The game is simply not working and most beta testers said IT SHOULDNT HAD BEEN RELEASED at that state.

They were right and i am right.  Right now its a ongoing payed beta thats even lack the founds and needs crowdfounding till the game gets completed.

Just the game is not working even for DF fans.

Take the OP , hell take dozens of  AV ex-follower , hell take me. No one near a WoW player and a themepark hater.

The game is simply not working and most beta testers said IT SHOULDNT HAD BEEN RELEASED at that state.

They were right and i am right.

The OP is someone who hates the game because it isn't DF1, not someone with legitimate complaints about UW.

What doesn't work, mr. I am right? Does it not launch when you play it? Does combat not work? Can you not craft?

Originally posted by Caaahl

Wow you guys are like reverse Neos. You can look at the world and see the code underneath.

Nope, in this case these guys are right.

What they probably ment was the fact, that a lot of bugs came up in dfuw which vets already knew from DF1 beta; which had been fixed back then.

So a) AV coded in the same bugs twice in a row... or b) it isnt a completely new code after all. Take your pick.

[mod edit]

Except this is why they have no credibility. That's not a fact. The existence of similar bugs doesn't mean you can say the games share the same code. I have no agenda either way on this because I don't care if it uses the same code or not; I'm just sick of people treating theories as facts regarding this game.
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

What they probably ment was the fact, that a lot of bugs came up in dfuw which vets already knew from DF1 beta; which had been fixed back then.

So a) AV coded in the same bugs twice in a row... or b) it isnt a completely new code after all. Take your pick.

@Tibernicus:

It kind of hurts in the head to read your nonsense spam. Please stop it, will you.

PS: If you just dont get it, why DFUW was "unfinished", then please watch the complete video linked in my signature...before you make another post. Thanks.

Except this is why they have no credibility. That's not a fact. The existence of similar bugs doesn't mean you can say the games share the same code. I have no agenda either way on this because I don't care if it uses the same code or not; I'm just sick of people treating theories as facts regarding this game.

your talking about credibility when you claim darkfall Uw have 20k subs with nothing to back that up

I give AV more creditbility then you

Originally posted by Snoepie

@Tibernicus:

It kind of hurts in the head to read your nonsense spam. Please stop it, will you.

PS: If you just dont get it, why DFUW was "unfinished", then please watch the complete video linked in my signature...before you make another post. Thanks.

your talking about credibility when you claim darkfall Uw have 20k subs with nothing to back that up

I give AV more creditbility then you

Actually I never claimed any such thing.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

@ op.. 

Upcoming repopulation has lots of potential ( yes i played it)

good 'ol potential. The last positive thing people say about most mmos...

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

can be.. some dude claimed that indeed,

I dont get this tho.. i see people popup all the time talking about darkfall and so forth.. claiming things that dont even matter..

tbh i know alot of people in the darkfall community and see other people popup both here and on the darkfall forums who i dont even know and start talking about darkfall like they know everything..

Simple explample is that xhiper dude

can be.. some dude claimed that indeed, I dont get this tho.. i see people popup all the time talking about darkfall and so forth.. claiming things that dont even matter.. tbh i know alot of people in the darkfall community and see other people popup both here and on the darkfall forums who i dont even know and start talking about darkfall like they know everything..Simple explample is that xhiper dude

You can disagree with xipher if you want of course but it would be hard to make the case that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Also, I've found him to be one of the most fair, level-headed people to ever argue on the internet. I never understood the hate for him... until I realized that it's because he doesn't blindly follow the vitriolic anti-av movement.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616

Darkfall 1 was one of my most favorite mmorpgs; from the racial wars(despite its flaws early on and lack of goals), to no safe zones if at war. Darkfall online was progressing at a snail's pace and really irritated everyone when Tasos would spin/lie/bullshit the community; hence why everyone has signatures making fun of him. Instead of fixing and making Df1 a better game they release a dumbed down version with less features and content all the same bugs and absolutely nothing new except for the class system which hinders the game.

I tried to play DF:UW; although its fun for its Fps mechanics too many of the things that made DF unique were taken out; such as killable/stealable mounts anywhere(you still got killed by towers for combat flagging), the abilities to use any ability you wanted(Yes some were overpowered like rays and fire knockbacks). Then they readded the huge grind many of us spent alot of time doing in Df1; I wanted no part of it.

-To further state my point; they released a dumbed down version, with the same bugs, removed the things community liked(like the drag and drop looting), half the features of Df1, re-added huge grind,  and absouletely nothing new, except classes that hinder player's uniqueness. They could have fixed it all if they just made a damn skill cap, made racial wars more important, lower the grind, fix the exploits, add new pvp hotspots, better PVE battles(Although the loot drop system was great) and more sandbox features.

The game was still barely alive with Df1 and could have gained many members if they imrpvoed the game, but instead they fucked us all over in a cash grab attempt and now they have a dead game. Good riddence to a lazy, horrible development team, lead by a coniving, lying man.

MurderHerd

The OP is someone who hates the game because it isn't DF1, not someone with legitimate complaints about UW.

What doesn't work, mr. I am right? Does it not launch when you play it? Does combat not work? Can you not craft?

Don't do like there isn't anything more to MMO's other then the technically aspect to click a button and produce a item.
    In case of DF:UW we talk about about gameplay design holes and lack of content functionality.

Since 1/3 of classes are missing, how can the remaining classes be balanced  properly. Thinking about missing class 'x' is that one evens out the streghts of duelist ..isn't now the case that duelist is overpowered ? of course ...there is a missing counterweight cause 1/3 of classes are missing...

Lack of specialization  on gathering, lack of  diversity to ressources, lack of  dynamic mechanism that control availability  of ressources. The game is missing a dynamic and fluent economy.
    The lack of a dynamic and fluent economy  leads to lack of economic incentives for warfare.

DF:UW tries to install some ridicolous blunt static village capture mechanic in the hopeless attempt to make up for the missing parts but   that falls apart in itself, because they managed to even create design holes in these implentation of these static blunt and one dimensional "hitting the village stone for 10 minutes" .
    When did Siege hammer  (the very basic item needed to destrroy (capture) stones/villages/cwalls/citys) entered DF:UW beta btw. ? lol

To summarize there is lack of meaning to area control mechanics thous the game aspect isn't finished and still in Beta.
    Now to the crafting, lack of specialization in crafting, lack of complexity in crafting (missing attributes on ressources) , make crafting a dull and blunt  activity that produces junk items that eveyone can produce anyway.  
    With lack of valuable items in game, the full loot feature becomes meaningless, which adds to the overall perception of PvP is meaningless, even outside Warfare in the "everday" PvP .

I could continue here but alone this aspects shows how DF:UW is a unfinshed product und needs lotsa Beta time till it is working game.

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126
    @ Tibernicuspa

To suggest that I'm (as the OP) some kind of rabid DF1 fan is amusingly wrong.

I'm more a DF1 fan than a DF2 fan but then who wouldn't be when DF1 kept us engaged for a couple of years longer than DF UK has.