Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: What Does It Mean? We'll Know Tomorrow

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The WildStar team has posted a cryptic image on the game's Facebook page that has the "12-03-13" date at the top. The image also says "raiding, looting, pillaging: A marauder's paradise" and seems to indicate that we may be in for a new class reveal. 

A second image seems to show that some housing news is incoming as well. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    WoW in space ftw

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    ^ You couldn't be further from the truth with that statement, but think what you will.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by Kost
    ^ You couldn't be further from the truth with that statement, but think what you will.

The art style is very reminiscent of WoW, but that is where the similarities stop.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by Hatefull

The art style is very reminiscent of WoW, but that is where the similarities stop.

True, unless i missed over the 8 years i played Wow, path system, player housing, warplots, etc. xD

On topic, i  don't think it would be a new class, as they still need to do the Stalker live stream and i think they want o save it for later. Could be something to do with warplots, but who knows.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Jafotron
    Originally posted by Hatefull

True, unless i missed over the 8 years i played Wow, path system, player housing, warplots, etc. xD

On topic, i  don't think it would be a new class, as they still need to do the Stalker live stream and i think they want o save it for later. Could be something to do with warplots, but who knows.

There's supposed to be a butt-load of reveals this week including the last two classes among a plethora of other goodies.  Already confirmed on twitter by multiple devs.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • pbernard1985pbernard1985 Member Posts: 20
    It's probably war plots. The new class reveal is Wednesday.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I feel rejected by you Wildstar... Why won't you let me into your beta? What have I done that has offended you O Mighty One?! Forgive me I beg of thee!

Smile

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    I wore my Wildstar shirt to college today that I got from checking out their booth in Vegas a few months back.  It's definitely a fun title, can't wait to do more pvp :)
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Yeah, Wildstar makes me feel bad about myself by rejecting me too. It is like that pretty girl in school that I just couldn't get with in her beta stage either... ya know not until she started opening her legs for everyone.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

pvp / warplots?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• Prod1702Prod1702 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    Yeah, Wildstar makes me feel bad about myself by rejecting me too. It is like that pretty girl in school that I just couldn't get with in her beta stage either... ya know not until she started opening her legs for everyone.

This made me laugh because it is so true. 

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    I'm not so sure. The game looks like fun the community isn't that great. Most of the people who post in the forums are elitist self-described "hardcore" players. Anyone who doesn't do PvP or want 40 player raids or isn't like them isn't just not-hardcore. Those people are called "casual" and used in the same context as posting to Twitter what you just stepped in at the dog park. I want to like the game and play it, but not if the community is going keep acting like the devs have to cater to their tastes and only their tastes.
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Thanks for the link, hopefully there's some beta news with this info drop tomorrow, preferably with dates included.
  • 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by Alverant
    I'm not so sure. The game looks like fun the community isn't that great. Most of the people who post in the forums are elitist self-described "hardcore" players. Anyone who doesn't do PvP or want 40 player raids or isn't like them isn't just not-hardcore. Those people are called "casual" and used in the same context as posting to Twitter what you just stepped in at the dog park. I want to like the game and play it, but not if the community is going keep acting like the devs have to cater to their tastes and only their tastes.

Dude you have 100s of casual games, why cant a themepark be aimed at hardcore players. all games can be played as much or as little as you want.

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

The community isn't "acting" like the devs have to cater to them, the devs are catering to that crowd, no acting needed. Casual players are more than welcome to play the game and do the other content if they aren't interested in Pvp or 40man raids, those players only get flack when they come into the forums and complain and want those hardcore aspects changed to suit their playstyle.

So lets not try and spin the community into something its not, play the content you want to play, and leave the other people alone to play their content, and leave the complaining to the other MMO's out there who cater to people who complain.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

yes yes, the Dev's are catering to the community, which is so hardcore, that due to the amount of whining made on the beta forum's, the dev's already went back on earlier statements regarding not making the game easier, by making the game easier.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    WoW in space ftw

Exactly

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    WoW in space ftw

Exactly

If the combat-system wasn't skill-based targeting i might agree with you. But add that to the fact that you have a limited amount of spells available at a time, the way heath works, the flow of combat, the way questing works ect. and you have a game that sounds much more like "GW2 in space".

But that comparison is also wrong because GW2 doesn't have the holy trinity, kinda big deal.

So let's just accept that all MMOs borrows features from eachother (and all games in general) and stop with the "omg wow clone"-like comments, if developers had to reinvent everything with every game ever made we would have a lot less games and most of them would be shit.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    WoW in space ftw

TOR is that way ---------->

/zing

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by 4Renziks

Dude you have 100s of casual games, why cant a themepark be aimed at hardcore players. all games can be played as much or as little as you want.

what exactly made you think this will be a hardcore game?

the red circles on the ground telling you where to stand and where not?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120

Pretty much exactly this.

Originally posted by 4Renziks

Re-read my comment. I was complaining about the attitude of the community and not the game. The game can cater to the "hardcore" players all they want, it's no excuse for those players to act like jerks.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    its 12/3 - spill the beans image
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Depends what you mean by causal. I'm a casual player and i can see many aspects of the game i can take part in, also you don't have to be a hardcore player to do PvP or 40 mans, might not be able to do it every week or get there as fast as the people who play for several hours, but you can still take part, just find a guild which plays casualy. 

Edit: just read what you said and tbh, "casual" players can be just the same. try suggesting anything in th Wow forums about improvoing the leveling by adding a bit more challenges, the same with dungeons, your told to gtfo and play something else :(

Originally posted by Jafotron

Edit: just read what you said and tbh, "casual" players can be just the same. try suggesting anything in th Wow forums about improvoing the leveling by adding a bit more challenges, the same with dungeons, your told to gtfo and play something else :(

OK the "both sides do it" argument fails on three levels

1) It implies both sides do it to the same extent. In my experience one side does it a lot more.

2) Using it makes it sound like it's OK. Just because one group is rude it's not acceptable for another group to be rude.

3) I don't play WoW. I'm not one of those players telling other people to "gtfo". I should not be treated poorly because of what someone else has done.