Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holiday Support...[mod edit]

ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

"Due to the holidays our support will be limited. Please prepare for this as there will be longer than normal wait times."

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/holiday-support.94415/

[mod edit]

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Well, it is Christmas coming up after all.. Not everyone can outsource support to india. 
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Well, it is Christmas coming up after all.. Not everyone can outsource support to india. 

Why not take a month + off?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

What holiday is/was it in Sweden?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by DMKano

I am not aware of a single major game company that has India based game support.

Doesn't SV support consist of 1 person?

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

There wasn't any.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Pretty sure they mean Christmas, it is in a few weeks after all.

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

I am not aware of a single major game company that has India based game support.

I know for sure that Microsoft does, at least for their 1st tier support, if your ticket gets elevated you usually get someone closer to home.

There is at least one other publisher that I contacted for support and I got someone named Atmanand (not really the name of the person I spoke w/ but if you get the reference +1 for you) I could barely understand, I'm not 100% so I won't throw out the name of the company I think it might be.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    sv usually take 2 weeks off at christmas

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by ilives
    Originally posted by deathshroud

[mod edit]

i doubt they have started their christmas holidays yet, but when they do expect 0 support

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by deathshroud

[mod edit]

Well, they haven't started yet. They are hard at work on character revamp... Your reading WAAAAAAAAAAY to much into that statement. They are talking bout the christmas holidays. At least that's what I read into it. If you just glance alittle at their forums they are very active and talk to the players about this upcoming patch etc.

And they ARE a small crew so ofc the support will be less during christmas time. At least they are upfront with it. Dunno how some1 can try to make this statement into a bad "LOL" statement.

Why on earth should they take a month + off? That's just stupid.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

EA support takes gets you in touch with people in India.  Just go start a online chat ticket and speak to someone named Abhishek.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by Lahuzer

Yet, here we are.   It was posted the day before Thanksgiving (Lead GM Discord is in the US) and stated "Holidays". (as in plural)

Yet, here we are.   It was posted the day before Thanksgiving (Lead GM Discord is in the US) and stated "Holidays". (as in plural)

Even so. What's the point of your thread? Completly useless if you ask me. So this small MMO company will have less support during holidays. Well... Duh!!! Your suggestion? Take a month + off!?!? Wtf!?!? Why on earth would they do that!?!? And have ZERO support!?!?!? Some people...

So this small MMO company will have less support during holidays. Well... Duh!!! BTW, no asked you

So will they be offering a discount during that time frame?

Why would they? They have said their support will be limited. How hard is that to get? And why would they follow your "brilliant" idea of taking a month off? This is nothing new to MO/SV or any other small indie company. If you think this is exclusive to MO/SV, well then you haven't played many games. Again. Pointless thread. Try harder next time.

So what other game companies completely shut down for weeks at a a time?

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    OP you need to find something better, I don't like MO but still... people getting holiday vacations pissing you off? what's next? getting upset another MMO has a christian-based holiday event?

Do reread the post... Now your just making a fool of yourself. They don't "shut down for weeks". They have limited support during the holidays. If it was like you said, this weekend that was that went smoothly, and 1-2 weeks during christmas.

Originally posted by Dihoru
    OP you need to find something better, I don't like MO but still... people getting holiday vacations pissing you off? what's next? getting upset another MMO has a christian-based holiday event?

Agree. This is prolly one of the most stupid threads I've read for quite a while.

Do reread the post... Now your just making a fool of yourself. They don't "shut down for weeks". They have limited support during the holidays. If it was like you said, this weekend that was that went smoothly, and 1-2 weeks during christmas.

Are you saying SV hasn't shut down in the past??? imageThey've repeatedly closed shop for vacations and holidays.

I just found it rather amusing Discord made such a blanket statement, which may easily mean until next year. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    There's really nothing here that isn't just an excuse to try and laugh at the company without an actual discussion. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.