Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warnings for "trolling"

EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229

I see others posting about the over-zealous nature of the moderating on this site and I have to agree with them. True to form each of these threads are getting locked. I have received two of these "trolling" warnings for basically entering into what I consider a debate. Debating is what forums are meant for so it's beyond ridiculous that people are getting banned or suspended or even warnings for normal forum behavior. I have not posted any personal attacks or done any flaming of any kind. Just because debates get heated doesn't mean they shouldn't happen.

The first warning I sent an email asking for an explanation because it didn't even tell me what post it was in reference to. That person removed the warning because he said it was unwarranted. Now I get another. The moderation on this site is a bit ridiculous and I'm sure this will get locked before others can comment so GG.

Comments

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    In before thread lockdown! :-D
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Don't waste your time. This site hands out trolling bans for nothing. I've legitimately just left a comment relevant to the discussion with no negativity towards any person simply the game at hand And have received them. Meanwhile legit Troll posts are left abs not dealt with all the time.

Steam: Neph

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

I've was called out for something like trolling a few times.  The first time I sent a message to one of the staff asking for clarification and explained my perspective.  He agreed with me, and removed the infraction.  The second time I think it was a similar scenario, but the infraction stayed after I voiced my opinion.  There was no sense in arguing it any further.

They are generally pretty fair, so just suck it up and move on.

You make me like charity

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Again, if you receive an infraction you disagree with, simply reply to the auto-generated e-mail and I'll be glad to review it for you.
  • SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by EQBallzz

I see others posting about the over-zealous nature of the moderating on this site and I have to agree with them. True to form each of these threads are getting locked. I have received two of these "trolling" warnings for basically entering into what I consider a debate. Debating is what forums are meant for so it's beyond ridiculous that people are getting banned or suspended or even warnings for normal forum behavior. I have not posted any personal attacks or done any flaming of any kind. Just because debates get heated doesn't mean they shouldn't happen.

The first warning I sent an email asking for an explanation because it didn't even tell me what post it was in reference to. That person removed the warning because he said it was unwarranted. Now I get another. The moderation on this site is a bit ridiculous and I'm sure this will get locked before others can comment so GG.

If you have questions or concerns about the moderation on this site please feel free to contact Mike Bitton. I'm sure he would be more than happy to review any warnings or moderation.

Contacting the moderator in question is not the best way to get a warning or ban reviewed. Mike has the last say and he will be able to clarify any confusion.

I hope that helps a bit.

*lol, see, Mike beat me to it!

This discussion has been closed.