Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

idiot game designers!

Don't know who came up with the idea of giving 72 hours of free trial but IMO it is a huge fail!

WHY, because when I first logged in I was really busy, so could only play for about 30 minutes. Now after still being busy for several days, I can no longer log in, because the 72 hours has expired even though I was not logged in. Huge fail on their part as I was almost impressed with what I saw and was considering spending money ( being unemployed requires careful thought) but needed more time to make a judgement. Now, ALL I am interested in is removing it from my hard drive to make room for something with a more realistic idea of letting players trial something!

So, I have posted this post to anybody that may be wanting to trial the game:

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH FREE TIME TO ACTUALLY PLAY IT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS!!!

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

So you're calling the devs idiots because you started a 72 hr trial when you only had 30 minutes to play and at no time over the next 3 days had any free time before it expired...and the devs are who's at fault here.

Totally unrelated but...you don't plan on having any kids do you ?

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

wait a second.. you assumed you are getting 72 hours of INGAME TIME?

bwa-haha :D

that´s rich

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

First of all, "designers" have nothing to to with time allotment for trial periods... makes no sense.

Secondly, to blame someone else for your lack of time is illogical, especially when you claim to be unemployed.

Finally, to forgo such a great game because of your personal limitations is the equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Just make a new account. All done.

• digiownzdigiownz Member UncommonPosts: 5
    ^^^ Is it that hard to just make a new account when you have some free time?

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

53 and have no kids or any plans on having any!

Just because I am unemployed does not mean I have all the time in the world. In Australia we are required to do what they call WORK FOR THE DOLE, which keeps us fairly busy. The rest of the time I volunteer at a charity organization, so yes I am fairly busy.

As for 72 hours of IN GAME time, it did seem a lot, but then again wow will let you play until you get to level 20, which would most likely take longer than 72 hours!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by zasten

As for 72 hours of IN GAME time, it did seem a lot, but then again wow will let you play until you get to level 20, which would most likely take longer than 72 hours!

It was discussed many times before... since TSW doesn't have levels, nor gated zones, etc. they can't do "regular" trials as free to lvl20, or free in the starter zone, etc.

3 days are a nice compromise to try out the game (-> trial) and decide to buy the box or not. Not to mention if you do 30 missions during that 3 days (which can be easily done) you get +2 days trial time and some fluff.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    How dare they only give you 3 days for a free trial. Those scallywags!
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by DamonVile

So you're calling the devs idiots because you started a 72 hr trial when you only had 30 minutes to play and at no time over the next 3 days had any free time before it expired...and the devs are who's at fault here.

Don't worry, I doubt he's capable of figuring out how to impregnate a woman anyway.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

Originally posted by Po_gg

It was discussed many times before... since TSW doesn't have levels, nor gated zones, etc. they can't do "regular" trials as free to lvl20, or free in the starter zone, etc.

3 days are a nice compromise to try out the game (-> trial) and decide to buy the box or not. Not to mention if you do 30 missions during that 3 days (which can be easily done) you get +2 days trial time and some fluff.

hmmm well they could put a limit on ability points, that would be possible

like "earn up to 50 APs", then *game over* until you unlock/buy the game

Then people would complain "why can I only earn 50 AP"  ^-^

Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Don't worry, I doubt he's capable of figuring out how to impregnate a woman anyway.

^Idiot!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by DocBrody

hmmm well they could put a limit on ability points, that would be possible

like "earn up to 50 APs", then *game over* until you unlock/buy the game

Then people would complain "why can I only earn 50 AP"  ^-^

That's not a good way either, they wouldn't complain about why 50 only, they'd make threads about idiot devs who didn't put in a retrain option :)

Jokes aside, the 3 days unlimited was a great choice I think, one can goofing around with multiple weapons, or focusing on the missions and reach to the end of SC, or focusing the onto the first 2 dungeons, etc. During 3 (optionally +2) days folks can try out the game in every aspect, but can't play it for a long time. Since the game is b2p and subscription isn't required, it seems a fair deal.

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141

53 and have no kids or any plans on having any!

Just because I am unemployed does not mean I have all the time in the world. In Australia we are required to do what they call WORK FOR THE DOLE, which keeps us fairly busy. The rest of the time I volunteer at a charity organization, so yes I am fairly busy.

Not bashing Wow here but reaching level 20 now a days takes maybe 4 hours, 7 max if you really stretch it. 

/edit: though I guess I can see what you're saying if you only play for a half hour every few days.

To solve the problem all they have to do is change the way they describe the free trial. Instead of saying 72 hours, say "72 hours that's 3 days of exploring the game!"

To solve the problem all they have to do is change the way they describe the free trial. Instead of saying 72 hours, say "72 hours that's 3 days of exploring the game!"

or you could grab a calculator, divide 72 hours by 24 hours and come to the conclusion that this equals 3 (days)

or you could grab a calculator, divide 72 hours by 24 hours and come to the conclusion that this equals 3 (days)

True, but when you mistakenly think you have 72 hours play time, why would you divide it by any number.

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    interesting...
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Am I too late for /popcorn?

*looks up

I hope all the good parts haven't already passed by.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

I can think of a lot of adjectives for the TSW development team but "idiots" just isn't one of them. It's one of the more thoughtful games I have encountered with several hair pulling puzzles. Frankly, the game did a good job of making me feel stupid on occasion. Being B2P and with the price being as low as $10 US at times I just have utterly no sympathy for you OP. No one can control your real life issues or account for them but you. It strikes me as wrong to flame them over this and you have set yourself up for ridicule. It's alright to be frustrated but there are better means of expression than this. I honestly wondered if you were trolling but with the world we live in...

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

OP why so grumpy?

It's 10 bucks, sure you can afford to spend that much on entertainment that seeing your busy scedule will entertain you for months, unemployed or not?

Besides, even 30 min of gameplay is enough to figure out if the game is for you, the basic mechanics (movement and combat) , graphics , and overall theme and feel of the game is the usual 'make or break' for everyone no?

The rest, like any detail or feature that interest you can be researched online so I don't see the problem at all tbh, even with only 30 minutes of gameplay.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I remember over a year ago I felt like the op about the 72 hours.

But I just told myself to wait for the game to go f2p or b2p and that worked well.

The basic game costs 10$ - 30$ for the bundle if you want all updates.

No matter how much I think the combat sucks, those 10$ are a bargain for a lot of hours of fun.

Harbinger of Fools
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

OP, if you liked the first 30 minutes, odds are you're going to like the rest of the game, too. At least when it comes to quests and leveling. In fact, I'd dare to say if you're a mystery fan it'll only get better.

Well worth the box price, even if you only play the quests to max "level" and leave it at that.

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183

True, but when you mistakenly think you have 72 hours play time, why would you divide it by any number.

"But I paid my $15 for a month of game time.  They should have clarified that it wasn't a month in-game."  

You do realize how stupid you sound with this whine thread don't you?  Games have been offering these same types of trials since around forever.  Nothing has changed.  

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    How dare they only give you 3 days for a free trial. Those scallywags!

Nothing is quite so offensive to people as getting "robbed" of something that's free.

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Guys and girls: don't feed a troll

This discussion has been closed.