Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guinness World Record Attempt

GIVE AWAY +Guinness World Record Attempt ’Longest videogame marathon on an MMORPG’ 11/30/13 @11am twitch.tv/maak9

we will be running a 1-90 in one sitting while breaking the record with a give away for donators see the stream and follow for more info! extra donations go to the great american cancer society thanks so much!

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    what is the current record you trying to beat?
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by muffins89

When did you register with the Guiness World Records for your attempt. How long did it take for them to get back to you with an approval. 

More importantly how do you intend to prove any donations you receive go to a charitable organisation? Have you informed that organisation of your intended donation? How will you provide receipts for your donors for their tax records? 

You are a one-day, three post wonder. Why should we trust you enough to give you our money?

AAANNNDDD.

What the hell do you mean by "extra donations go to the great american cancer society..."?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://www.twitch.tv/maak9

the duo is currently at the 21:00 mark, level 55, in Winterspring

at lvl 65 - 31 hours no sleep image

think the longest session i played in EQ1 was 22 hours camping that stupid Jboots ring w friends

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Longest I've ever gone was around 23 hours, EVE-Online... scouting for a blob back in ye oldy days of BoB v everyone else.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Nadia

at lvl 65 - 31 hours no sleep image

think the longest session i played in EQ1 was 22 hours camping that stupid Jboots ring w friends

hah! i did the same thing.  18 hours here

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Originally posted by muffins89

When did you register with the Guiness World Records for your attempt. How long did it take for them to get back to you with an approval. 

More importantly how do you intend to prove any donations you receive go to a charitable organisation? Have you informed that organisation of your intended donation? How will you provide receipts for your donors for their tax records? 

You are a one-day, three post wonder. Why should we trust you enough to give you our money?

AAANNNDDD.

What the hell do you mean by "extra donations go to the great american cancer society..."?

yeah...no thanks strangers don't get any money if they cant prove anything

• bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    36 hours non stop playing Star craft 1 when i was 19.
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

How do you think they are taking the Adderall?  The pills are quite small so you could pretend to cough.  Maybe have them slipped into a drink or something.

edit: btw my longest session was a Civ 2 binge I believe.  Only 18 hours I think but I swear it felt like 6.  Even though I'm a lot older I bet the only way I could break a personal record would be a Civ game.  Civ 4 got me up over 14 hours a couple years ago, and recently on Path of Exile I pulled over 12.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

another streamer is at 53 hours - and hopes to do 135 hours

http://www.twitch.tv/rlenk

I just went to his stream and its down.  He's in chat but good luck getting an official record :(

Op is still going http://www.twitch.tv/maak9

35 hours and lvl 67

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Most ive gone is 5 hours. I start drinking and then its game over.
  • stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159

Had a 21 hour cr run in plane of growth in eq every time we sent in a team to start pulling corpses back to the zone in someone would aggro the protectors. We finally got a few druids to start a cr run for us. a few of us lost a lv from all the deaths. and whats sad i miss how hard core it use to be.

longest mmorpg marathon is supposed to be 48 hours but i can't find any links for it

Op is shooting for 71 hours

Op is at 43 hours and lvl 73

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by DMKano

After 30ish hours of sleep deprivation the circadian rhythms get all screwed up, and it goes downhill fast.

Would not recommend. 

Some people had been reported dead after staying playing for more than 48 hours.

personally, after 20 hours of being awake, I start imagining things

no visual hallucinations but my audial senses start getting tweaked

- ie imagine hearing things that arent there

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

personally, after 20 hours of being awake, I start imagining things

no visual hallucinations but my audial senses start getting tweaked

- ie imagine hearing things that arent there

At around 30-40 hours you start seeing things, past 40 if you're lucky and horny you'll start seeing your favorite actress running around buck naked... quite distracting or so I am told.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Back when FFXI was still new I did about 70 hours non-stop just in a single leveling party.  It was so hard to get a party for the class I was that I just stayed and renewed members when others left; had some people come back three days later and get a kick out of it being the same group.

Probably did 55 hours or so on WoW once when AV took that long.

Then again back then (and still today, I guess), I was really fit and jogged for a couple hours a day on average.  So I wasn't too worried about the ramifications for my health.  Not something I'd do now, as I get tired after a 9PM-6AM all nighter these days.

I remember those stories of people dying playing WoW after about a week of no sleep.  Though I guess it's just not something someone thinks about contacting an official to make it in the books.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

Op is at 51 hours

he looks similar to the other streamer (rlenk) before he was shutdown for being reported for self harm

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

my personal record was ratting in system in EvE for 37hours (minus the 30minute downtime) 

the system was a small system next to g95 in this time i had 26 faction spawns and 2 officers :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

24 hours Wurms online. Build a complete homestead farm from nothing in that time. Including makeing a mine to mine the ore for nails and whatever, getting all the wood, making the tools. Did some upgrading fences as well.  That was long enough and not planned or something. Was just having fun and had the time anyway.

This guy does not look good. :/

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    be careful, a korean dude died this way :/
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Get bipolar disorder stay up 7 days straight with nosleep. Still feel great ;)

Steam: Neph

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I thought guiness stopped doing world records that endangered the person trying to do it.