Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news on Citadel?

Hi I just wanted to check in and see if anyone has any information on how this came is coming along. (the last posting was in September).

I just re-watched the kickstarter video and forgot what a daunting, and unbelievable task this company is undertaking. This definitely refreshes my interest in this. Here's the link for anyone that has not seen this. 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mmomagic/citadel-of-sorcery-mmorpg

The idea of having a world so big that you may never see every part of it might be what I need as a player to get that initial awe and wonderment that I first had when playing the genre. Any information on this game would be great. I hope to hear lots of good things in 2014 about Citadel!

Comments

• mamildormamildor Member Posts: 18
    I think the game is in early alpha for those who donated some money but that's all i know or heard about it.
  • SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by mamildor
    I think the game is in early alpha for those who donated some money but that's all i know or heard about it.

Thanks. Are you a donator? I have donated to a few and am starting to think I should have donated to this game.

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Sawlstone
    Originally posted by mamildor

Thanks. Are you a donator? I have donated to a few and am starting to think I should have donated to this game.

You can come back to this forum in 5 or 10 years, find CoS is somehow still in "Alpha" (as it was 5 years ago when many first came upon it, several years of development already long past way back then) and be glad you kept your money in your wallet.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Just checked their website, no news updates since July, probably too "busy" working on the game to keep the website current.

But Jatar's still around, this is a recent response of his to the following question on their forums:

Quick question: Are you guys still working hard at this?, and what year do you think we will get our hands on this game?

At this stage that is a moving target. It all has to do with when and how much funding we can procure, which translates into how many man hours we have to use. Our next step is selling the game to a publisher. We hope to start demonstrations to publishers soon (January/February). However, we don't know how long that part will take, so your guess is as good as ours at this stage.

As for working hard on it, yes, that goes on continuously, but we are working with a small team on a VERY large project until we procure the aforementioned funding. As for watching that progress, we do occasional Dev Briefings on our www.MMOmagic.com web site, or we do more frequent Briefings and Webcasts for our Patron Team members who have donated to the project to specific levels.

Hope that answers your question. :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon