Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glad ESO will be Subscription model

Comments

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469
    Originally posted by iridescence
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

Giving money over to a sub par service is in no way intelligent regardless of the way you pay. Prefering a subscription model does not make you less of an idiot than any other sucker who pays for these repetitive games. p2p is as much p2w as f2p is. If you don't pay every month you can't win.

Wasting time playing a game you're not enjoying just because it's free seems like the idiotic thing to me.

people don't keep playing free games that they don't enjoy just because they are free, and if they do, then yes that is idiotic.

it is stupid to do ANYTHING that you don't enjoy when looking for entertainment.

in my experience, i have never met an unhappy player playing something just because it is 'free'. but i have met many unhappy players playing just because they are in a sub agreement and feel obligated to 'keep going'.

again. to reinerate. if you do anything for entertain that is not 'entertaing' then you are a fucking moron.

• raiders95raiders95 Member Posts: 19

I prefer to pay 15$ rather than experiencing once more what I saw in F2P !!!

F2P always make you pay way more money to get what you can get for on any mmo with subs.

Whatever the reason F2P will make you pay for  more character slot, inventory space, map, mounts, companion, crafting etc.

Beside that, on F2P the community is usually the one I would prefer to avoid (to say the least)

That being said, at the end it's just a matter of choice.

If you don't like paying for a subs, just move on and keep playing with a F2P mmo.

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469
    Originally posted by raiders95

I prefer to pay 15$ rather than experiencing once more what I saw in F2P !!!

F2P always make you pay way more money to get what you can get for on any mmo with subs.

Whatever the reason F2P will make you pay for  more character slot, inventory space, map, mounts, companion, crafting etc.

Beside that, on F2P the community is usually the one I would prefer to avoid (to say the least)

That being said, at the end it's just a matter of choice.

If you don't like paying for a subs, just move on and keep playing with a F2P mmo.

the difference in community is all in your mind.

• raiders95raiders95 Member Posts: 19

Double read my post and you'll see that I have not only talked about community issue.

That's being said, based on MY experience and opinion,a good community is important and I always and only

saw good ones on mmo with subs.

Some may spend 15$ a month (or more) on alcohol or smoking things... I prefer spending tham on a mmo subs.

It's just a question of choice, paying 15$/month doesn't make me more intelligent but for sure it doesn't make me an idiot neither.

The one who claim the opposit well... thanks God you don't have the power to use nuclear bomb.

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

Paying for something each month when you could possibly get the same entertainment for free or cheaper is stupid. If an mmo wants to justify a monthly sub then it has to be much better than the mmo's that are free. At this point in time p2p is not any better than f2p mmo's. They are all the bloody same game.

Yeah, totally agree with that. I'll only consider subbing to ESO if it seems substantially better to me than stuff like LOTRO, Rift or Path of Exile.  There is a much higher bar which your game has to live up to if you want to succeed with a sub system.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    I have no real issue with a subscription fee as long as it is worth that fee. Say for example the game came out with DLC type content updates every 2 months or so then that is probably worth the sub fee. If it is longer than that then it probably isn't worth it (unless you have a lower sub fee than the standard $15 a month).
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    you know, if the game felt like a real TES game and offered more i would have paid a sub. I wont tell any details because i respect the NDA but i will say that i felt i was playing Defiance without guns. Definitelly not worth a sub.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Bullshit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • To Elrenmazuo who posted this truth:

"Just imagine logging in and the first thing that pops up is a window saying deals of the day lol."

The elder scrolls? I wholeheartedly agree with you. What I mean is I remember the immersion of daggerfall. The first intro mission securing the king who got murdered in Morrowind. The kindness. The ease. The luxury. Of a Bethesda Softworks title.

Now I have to protect my honor by mentioning some other AAA companies. Such as Bioware. Who created Mass Effect 1/2/3. I've played them all. Shit I need a Jack in my life. Bad.

Blizzard. Yes I did play warcraft 3.

Square Enix. Do I need to mention your whole countries game developters? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ubisoft.

2K Games.

Fuck me the list goes on mates.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    OP Im also like you I cant wait for a good sub based game that I do not have to worry about buying bags or mounts or having some stupid store pop up every time I log in telling me about this uber new mount or this 4 million slot bag or the 500x experience pot for 5 hours. It gets old but due to the cheap ass nature of gamers nowadays that cant hold a job or spend a little money to play a game its now the normal of gaming. As you can see from the 3 other pages on this topic there is a lot of them in this thread already. I always find it funny how people can go to burger king or some other fast food chain and spend 20 bucks for 2 people or 25 bucks in a nice restuarant for themselves , yet they bitch and moan when having to pay for a game to log in where there is no item sales or experience pots and bags for sale. It just shows you how cheap this generation of people really are in life and how F'd up their priorities are nowadays. Im with you OP 150% on this one.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Because not only will it be an insult to the series and make it seem cheap if it was either f2p or b2p with cash shop, it would personally kill the kind of immersion I get from playing an elder scrolls title.  Just imagine logging in and the first thing that pops up is a window saying deals of the day lol.  Or zoning to a new area only to be stopped and reminded I need to buy this area to go on further.  Or seeing people with hair styles that werent available in character creation.  I think even the console fans would have been like WTF is this.

Yeah, you know what would also kill the immersion? That little pop up message requiring you to pay that 15.00 fee every month ;).

Which mmo does that? Because Ive never played a sub model mmo that gives me pop up messages in game telling me to pay 15 dollars, since that 15 dollars is taken from my account automatically on the next billing date.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    you know, if the game felt like a real TES game and offered more i would have paid a sub. I wont tell any details because i respect the NDA but i will say that i felt i was playing Defiance without guns. Definitelly not worth a sub.

I felt totally opposite from my experience

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Kinda off topic, sorry... There will not be RAID like 10+ players? Only Dungeon 4 players?
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I always wonder why subscription gamers are so cheap and will only spend $15 a month on games they like. They really need to get real jobs that pay something so they can actually spend some money on their hobby. You can spend $50 a week or more on paintball or hunting, not to mention the gear, but sub gamers are so cheap they equate their hobby to eating at a fast food joint. It's sort of pathetic.

Not totally sure if this is serious or sarcastic but with me, I'd consider spending more than $15 on a game if it was really great but I refuse to buy virtual items in games. expecting me to spend money on bag space or mounts is just an insult to my intelligence. If you say "our game is worth X dollars a month!" that is a different thing.

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    persona;ly i am don with subs and pay to play dose not do that you are ignorant to say such comments subs are a thing of the past evolve 
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

I always wonder why subscription gamers are so cheap and will only spend $15 a month on games they like. They really need to get real jobs that pay something so they can actually spend some money on their hobby. You can spend $50 a week or more on paintball or hunting, not to mention the gear, but sub gamers are so cheap they equate their hobby to eating at a fast food joint. It's sort of pathetic.

Not totally sure if this is serious or sarcastic but with me, I'd consider spending more than $15 on a game if it was really great but I refuse to buy virtual items in games. expecting me to spend money on bag space or mounts is just an insult to my intelligence. If you say "our game is worth X dollars a month!" that is a different thing.

Buying virtual items is ludicrous to you and insults your intelligence, but renting temporary access does not. image Okay, whatever floats your boat. You pay your way and I'll pay mine. With my way I control exactly how much I spend and when I spend it.

Renting access?  You are always renting.  You never own anything.  The difference is a game designed to milk you for money or a game designed to keep you playing.  Pick your poison.

F2P crowd cracks me up.  

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    Unless the game is excelent, sub model will fail.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Because not only will it be an insult to the series and make it seem cheap if it was either f2p or b2p with cash shop, it would personally kill the kind of immersion I get from playing an elder scrolls title. 

Think the game does this well on it's own, sub or F2P doesn't even matter.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Because not only will it be an insult to the series and make it seem cheap if it was either f2p or b2p with cash shop, it would personally kill the kind of immersion I get from playing an elder scrolls title.  Just imagine logging in and the first thing that pops up is a window saying deals of the day lol.  Or zoning to a new area only to be stopped and reminded I need to buy this area to go on further.  Or seeing people with hair styles that werent available in character creation.  I think even the console fans would have been like WTF is this.

Remember, when you log in for the first time and you notice that in-game store ad pop up with the 'deals of the day' even though you are already paying a monthly premium...

Be sure to come back here and reply to your own thread about how happy you still are.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    I am glad it will be going SUB.  NOT ALL but a vocal minority of f2pers ruin games these days.  You read these threads and the lies and misinformation about this game is ridiculous and I would bet most of it is because the f2pers a pissed its going to be a sub.  There is a reason F2pers are not allowed in most game forums. This Entitlement mentality doesnt work in society and doesnt work in video games.  Its sad a pathetic to see people actually hate a video game and go out of their way to lie and post misinformation about a video game to the extent of hoping a video game fails just so it goes f2p so they can come in and cry and whine its not free enough.  
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Buying virtual items is ludicrous to you and insults your intelligence, but renting temporary access does not. image Okay, whatever floats your boat. You pay your way and I'll pay mine. With my way I control exactly how much I spend and when I spend it.

And to get the same items, content, etc in a f2p game verse sub. you will end up paying 5x more. That is ludicrous to me.

Originally posted by jdnyc

Renting access?  You are always renting.  You never own anything.  The difference is a game designed to milk you for money or a game designed to keep you playing.  Pick your poison.

F2P crowd cracks me up.  

Rent: The definitions of rent all start similarly: "a regular payment to the owner for the right to use". When a sub is required to access the server you are renting. A F2P or B2P doesn't require a rental payment. I think you're willfully confusing the concept that servers are never guaranteed to remain open and that everything has an end. That isn't the same as renting.

With P2P "designed to keep you playing" and "milking your for money" are equivalent. If you play then they are milking you for money. The concept of milking being to draw a resource consistently over time. That resource is your monthly fee. The milking in P2P is not optional. The milking in F2P or B2P is optional.

You're actually paying for content updates not just renting your spot in the game. Some games try to charge a sub for just basically a "rental" but those games usually fail hard when people realize what they're doing. I'm fine with them wanting me to keep playing. I desire a  game with longevity and fun that I'll want to stick with so the sub company's interests and my interests coincide.

I'm fine with being "milked" if I'm getting value back every month. I don't feel entitled to get entertained for free but I prefer companies to be up-front about the price of things rather than hitting me with tons of little hidden charges for a "free" game. I know not all F2P models are like that but a lot are. 

The P2P crowd always cracks me up too because they get so irate when people don't like to pay and play their way.

I'm not part of any "crowd". I can see some advantages to F2P for games I'm on the fence about but if I really think a game is going to be good I've usually found P2P delivers the higher quality experience, enough to justify the monthly fee.

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

i dont believe you at all, sorry.

i am in the beta, and alot of people i know from old and just met are too and the consensus is 100% different than yours.,

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by killahh

i dont believe you at all, sorry.

i am in the beta, and alot of people i know from old and just met are too and the consensus is 100% different than yours.,

They just have to polish up some , but yeah I feel the same way. Felt like a TES game to me....