Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's this game like?

RasereiRaserei webster, MAMember Posts: 1,022 Uncommon

I very briefly played it in the EARLY beta stages. It didn't seem close to done because my quests were all bugged and it seemed like I couldn't do much.

I'm sure the game changed since my early experience.

So what is this game like? Theme park questing? Sandbox? Grinding for loot? Random drops? What is it like? 

Tagged:

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Yolo, CAMember Posts: 491 Uncommon

I'm about 6 hours in and I have to say that so far my experience has been good and that I would recommend this game to anyone.

People say it's like Runescape but I've never played that so to me it's like Guild Wars 1 and Salem had a baby. Which is good because I really enjoyed both of those games.

• flizzerflizzer Manchester, NHMember Posts: 2,035 Rare
    I have yet to play but from what I have seen from gameplay footage it indeed looks like Runescape.  There is a classless system with in depth crafting.  I doubt the questing will resemble Runescape since almost no game does, but I am not sure. 
  • BallsoutBallsout Oregon, ILMember Posts: 70 Uncommon
    I got the early access for the $60. It is a lot like RS with the movement, camera and the graphics. I give it a thumbs up so far, definitely worth checking it out.

• AkulasAkulas GoldcoastMember Posts: 1,870 Uncommon
    It's pretty good except they give you a free 64 slot bag but you have to buy the bag slot

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• HCS-RadnetoHCS-Radneto ElginMember Posts: 64
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    It's pretty good except they give you a free 64 slot bag but you have to buy the bag slot

You should have a bag token, if you don't please contact our support and we'll get this replaced for you.

https://www.huntedcow.com/support

Currently working around the clock on Eldevin

• ArskaaaArskaaa KauhajokiMember Posts: 1,003 Uncommon

Great game:) easy to play and feels a bit WoW imo.

I just personally dislike Java games so i wont playing it but its feeled very good game.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member Posts: 16,735 Epic
    Originally posted by Arskaaa I just personally dislike Java games so i wont playing it but its feeled very good game.

Rating games based on the programming language they used is a rather bizarre thing to do.  Do you even know what the rest of the games you play are programmed in?

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Maryville, ILMember Posts: 291

Was eager to play this title. Tried it, made it up to the quest to kill midges or whatever they are called and quit.

Game is too generic and I wasn't having that much fun with it. That's my opinion other people may like it, to each their own.

City of Steam: Arkadia is launching next week on 12-04 so wanting to really play that one.

• SpikeXSpikeX Littleton, COMember Posts: 75
    I just started playing myself.  I would say the game so far is above my expectations.  I don't think the game is anything like WoW at all unless you count the map icon looking similar in the top right corner and question marks over npcs for quests.  The game is however somewhat similar to Runescape although very different at the same time.  I may post later on, I want to give this one a shot.
  • curacura WarsawMember Posts: 1,046 Uncommon
    Judging by the lack of ANY infomration about the game on official website it has to be some simple, grindy.... something. Plus the game is so ugly i wish i could unsee those gamplay vidoes i just watched lol.
  • iridescenceiridescence Member Posts: 1,552 Uncommon
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u
    Was eager to play this title. Tried it, made it up to the quest to kill midges or whatever they are called and quit.   Game is too generic and I wasn't having that much fun with it. That's my opinion other people may like it, to each their own.

Pretty much my impressions. Plus the click to move thing is really annoying and I didn't see a way to turn it off and move normally. 

Originally posted by cura
    Judging by the lack of ANY infomration about the game on official website it has to be some simple, grindy.... something. Plus the game is so ugly i wish i could unsee those gamplay vidoes i just watched lol.

That is the equivalent to looking at the menu of a restaurant on the internet and then posting that the food must be bad because the menu looks like shit.  People astonish me sometimes.

• BraindomeBraindome Member Posts: 938 Uncommon

It's like an ARPG/MMO hybrid. Large open world with lots of players running around. It has crafting/mining/fishing very similar to Runescape, but the combat and pace is much more straight forward like Dungeon Siege or Diablo.

I'm enjoying it very much and honestly fairly surprised, it's worth trying and is more full featured than most games of this type.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Austin, TXMember Posts: 487 Uncommon
    OP - It's free and takes less than a minute to load.  Give it another whirl.  I played a few hours today to get out of the training areas, and I enjoyed my time.  After the Eldevin city tour (level 4/5), the game begins.  I actually died in the first dungeon after that. :)

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• lindhskylindhsky Helsingborg, FLMember Posts: 145 Uncommon

I must say I am enjoying it. I don't think I will play it for long though mostly because my gamingfriends want games with very good graphic. I rather play a game that is deep in everything else. And tbh the graphic is much better than I thought.

What I can't get used to though is the point and click movement. I have hated it in every game I have played and I just can't stand it. I think that is the biggest reason to why I won't play this game. I want to be able to set so that I can run with my arrowkeys and that the camera follows over my shoulder.

I don't know if the rest of the game is like this but I don't like when I can't enter a city because I haven't finished a quest. It is one thing if the guards won't let you in because you need to do a favor for them first but what I mean is that I don't like when games pushing you to go for A to B to C to D. I want freedom. Like I said though, I don't know if it is like this in the rest of the game. I just noticed it once very early.

But overall I must recommend it. It is good and I had quite fun my first hour I played. If it wasn't for the click to move I think I would continue to play it.

• Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Member Posts: 3,055 Uncommon
    Originally posted by SomeHuman
    OP - It's free and takes less than a minute to load.  Give it another whirl.  I played a few hours today to get out of the training areas, and I enjoyed my time.  After the Eldevin city tour (level 4/5), the game begins.  I actually died in the first dungeon after that. :)

lol you died in the dungeon? 

Anyways the game's half decent, it has pretty standard combat and it's click to move. However the crafting is quite indepth. I'd compare the crafting to runescape's crafting system.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Ive been playing it for the last 5 hours and having a blast.  In depth crafting system is amazing.  Agreed, the graphics are nothing special and really look old but remember this is a browser based game.  

The click to move is annoying. In one post I think the developer said they were looking at this and maybe if enough complain it can get changed. I dont know.   So many things to do!   It does remind me of Runescape in that fashion.  You need to grow food and then use that food to cook.  Awesome!   The combat is just mediocre really but for me I love the variety of activities in this game.  The buzz saw animation is so terrific.  If you can get past the click to move I think you will find a nice game. 

Originally posted by SpikeX

That is the equivalent to looking at the menu of a restaurant on the internet and then posting that the food must be bad because the menu looks like shit.  People astonish me sometimes.

Actually waiter didnt want to tell me what the food was made of so i went to the kitchen to check it. It was rotten, smelled badly and the ingredients i saw told me the dish is of extremely poor quality. Offcourse some people lack mental abilities to correctly judge things without putting them into their mouth first.

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryMember Posts: 10,453 Epic

I never played Runescape so the comparisons don't really give me any info.

Is the pvp optional? I don't want to pvp. I enjoy farming mobs and crafting stuff. I don't mind quests, but they aren't really a draw for me.

Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.
    Yes, the PvP is totally optional. I havent done any PvP and might not. You can just ignore it and craft all you want.  I almost look at this as Craft World actually.  Outside of obtaining animal skins and such you can almost spend all of your time crafting it seems. 
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryMember Posts: 10,453 Epic
    Thanks. I'll give it a look then.
    Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.

Actually waiter didnt want to tell me what the food was made of so i went to the kitchen to check it. It was rotten, smelled badly and the ingredients i saw told me the dish is of extremely poor quality. Offcourse some people lack mental abilities to correctly judge things without putting them into their mouth first.

Except you didn't go into the kitchen, you didn't look at the ingredients, you are now basically making shit up in an effort to look cool.  You also made baseless accusations about the game being "simple and grindy" without any data or examples to back it up.  Maybe you were dropped on your head as an infant?  

You embody everything that I hate about posters on this website.  I don't care if you don't like the game.  However, to go out of your way to post negatively about a game that you never even played ....<facepalm>

• TalemireTalemire Clearwater, FLMember Posts: 737 Uncommon
    It's fun, I like it so far. Unlike other MMORPGs, I feel like I'm going to and from a good book every time I play.

------------------------------
    MMORPGs are great to look forward to after a hard day of work, but heaven is the ultimate reward for those who live Christ-like.

Except you didn't go into the kitchen, you didn't look at the ingredients, you are now basically making shit up in an effort to look cool.  You also made baseless accusations about the game being "simple and grindy" without any data or examples to back it up.  Maybe you were dropped on your head as an infant?  

You embody everything that I hate about posters on this website.  I don't care if you don't like the game.  However, to go out of your way to post negatively about a game that you never even played ....

I wonder who was dropped on the head here. EOT on my part as im no gonna waste my time on people like you.

• zastenzasten nowhereMember Posts: 283

IMO

looks like a new mmo is being discovered.

It is where instead of playing one, we bypass it and go straight to running everybody else down on forums because they have a different point of view than us (note I am not taking sides here)!

Eldevin is a game and we are supposed to be able to derive fun from it, instead we seem to be getting our kicks from getting upset with each other rather than simply playing and having the fun!