Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you or anyone you know received a beta invite?

Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

I am curious about how small these betas are because on FB it seems anytime Wildstar talks about beta the thread is flooded with a bazillion posts of people complaining they have not gotten an invite. I have yet to see anyone even hint of being in this beta lol. Not looking for conspiracy here, just concerned about how small these betas actually are and the reasoning behind that. I really hope this game is not all hype, it will be a huge disappointment.

Funny, even the beg for a extra key thread I skimmed through did not show any evidence of anyone actually getting one lol. I did not look at every post though.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Comments

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Viper482

I am curious about how small these betas are because on FB it seems anytime Wildstar talks about beta the thread is flooded with a bazillion posts of people complaining they have not gotten an invite. I have yet to see anyone even hint of being in this beta lol. Not looking for conspiracy here, just concerned about how small these betas actually are and the reasoning behind that. I really hope this game is not all hype, it will be a huge disappointment.

Funny, even the beg for a extra key thread I skimmed through did not show any evidence of anyone actually getting one lol. I did not look at every post though.

People got spoiled with buying beta access when they pre-order a game.  WS seems to take the approach of how betas used to be, very few get access.  And people begging for keys just gets ignored anyways since people don't get extra keys and if they even had one I'm sure they got friends that would love to have that key and not some total stranger.

Funny and sad how people would spend hundreds of dollars for beta access and they QQ or rage how the game fails and demand a refund or make a rage post of how they were deceived. 

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by furbans

People got spoiled with buying beta access when they pre-order a game.  WS seems to take the approach of how betas used to be, very few get access.  And people begging for keys just gets ignored anyways since people don't get extra keys and if they even had one I'm sure they got friends that would love to have that key and not some total stranger.

Funny and sad how people would spend hundreds of dollars for beta access and they QQ or rage how the game fails and demand a refund or make a rage post of how they were deceived. 

Welcome to the new generation of mmo gamers.  Just like the zombie cell phone apoc. , things will never be the same.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

We have 2 people in our community in the beta, but they've been in it for months.

I don't know of anyone that's gotten an invite recently but they are sending them out this month (Dec).

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

You know all of those questions you fill out when you sign up for betas?  "Why do you think you would be a good tester"  etc..  Well they actually read them this time and based their invites off of them it seems.  Those people in my guild that had decent writing skills and actually put time and effort in got invites.  Those that gave 1 sentence answers did not.

4 of us in our guild were invited, of those 4.  All of us gave long detailed answers to every question, demonstrating that we could actually communicate properly and give concise bug reports.

• gramirez85gramirez85 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Had a guildie from Rift get and invite to WIldstar. He talks about it briefly on this video around the 1:30 min mark. I remember the video he posted of Wildstar before he took it down. Invites are out there, they just seem to be very rare...
  • MrSaltyMrSalty Member UncommonPosts: 39
    im in the beta
  • GMan33GMan33 Member UncommonPosts: 79

I have received a beta key and im currently playing Wildstar :) Also received 2 extra keys friends which I gave to 2 real life buddies who are also playing beta with me :)

This is no joke, im one of the few lucky bastards who got one.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Good to see actual humans who have gotten in lol. I was beginning to wonder.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • makkertmakkert Member UncommonPosts: 13

i am waiting for the beta key aswel :) 

Gottha love this game

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by furbans

While I agree don't count on them not offering paid beta access at some point. It's par for the course these days, and when we get closer to release it's a incentive for some to put money down for a preorder. Like you say, it's a generational thing.

Also I sincerley doubt they actually read most of the applications. They may use keyword indicators but considering how many people apply it'd be impossible to read every single one. As an anecdotal example I gave quite detailed answers in the application and haven't gotten an invite, while a guildy of mine who barely tries with applications, (which is he's words not mine), did get one.

So to the OP, yes there are people testing but sadly not me :P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79

I just received my email invite.... Currently  downloading.

good luck to you all see you in game 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'm not sure if I want to join the beta or not.  Part of me does because this game looks like a blast.  It has a sense of humor like myself, with a little crazy mixed in lol.  However, I there's a part of me that wants to take it from launch and not know anything about it.  There's something to be gained when you don't know what's going on.  I miss that in a lot of games these days :(
  • OvermazeOvermaze Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Whiskeydust

Did you also get extra keys?

• WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by Overmaze
    Originally posted by Whiskeydust

Did you also get extra keys?

^Sorry I only received the one....^

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    I got three keys about a month ago. I signed up family members and away we went. As for the FB and twitter nonsense; I didn't post on any of them and stayed out of the begging and offering to buy crowd. I really think the devs are really just randomly picking those that have signed up, and have systems that can handle the game. I don't remember having to answer any elaborate questions about whether or not I'd make a GOOD Tester, just what type of system I play on and what have I tested in the past. Oddly enough I got an invite to Hearthstone the week prior.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I got invited in june
  • Tr3izeTr3ize Member Posts: 35
    I got in in one of the first waves, back when beta was only accessable a few hours/days at a time, and hardly playable due to lag. Pretty fun game although I'm a bit worried about it being a little bit too much of a textbook WoW style MMO.