Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anonymous Message to Mortal Online. Fake??

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    It just stops at 1:46? I thought the face of The Exorcist demon would pop up....but nothing.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm not sure it its real (I suspect not) but its funny. I think anon has more pressing concerns than "Starvault deserves better" or whatever. GREAT find though.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Seriously?  Have they stooped this low for publicity?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Whoever is behind this (because it's obvious that's not real anonymous) haven't thought it through. If they take down every exploiting player, MO will be out of players.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Seriously?  Have they stooped this low for publicity?

Roflmao. Yeah... It's SV that's behind it... Ofc. That's almost a all time low for you Slappy.

If it's fake, then the one putting out the clip should worry alot. If it's real, well, we can only wait and see how these DDOS attacks etc will be in the future. If it stops, or slows down, well, then maybe it's real. Who knows? But one things is certain. SV is NOT behind it. That would be shooting themselves in the foot, and the game would be DDOS attacked beyond oblivion.

Originally posted by Lahuzer

If it's fake, then the one putting out the clip should worry alot.

The fact that you somehow believe that this was actually created by Anonymous is quite telling...

Funny how easily you can state that nobody at SV had anything to do with it, yet believe this silly message could actually have come from the hacker group and that they somehow decided to champion this small, unheard of, struggling game.

Of course if you actually read my short, one sentence post you would easily have comprehended that I did not state SV was behind it.  It most likely was one of their "super fans", but given how they couldn't even upload the video correctly I wouldn't be shocked to find that it was someone directly interacting with SV.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

The fact that you somehow believe that this was actually created by Anonymous is quite telling...

Funny how easily you can state that nobody at SV had anything to do with it, yet believe this silly message could actually have come from the hacker group and that they somehow decided to champion this small, unheard of, struggling game.

Of course if you actually read my short, one sentence post you would easily have comprehended that I did not state SV was behind it.  It most likely was one of their "super fans", but given how they couldn't even upload the video correctly I wouldn't be shocked to find that it was someone directly interacting with SV.

Anonymous is quite a large group. I wouldn't be suprised if some of them actually likes what SV are trying to do with MO. SVs communication alone with their playerbase can win the most stubborn MMO-player over. Except for those that spend thousands of posts about how they dislike SV here ofc... You have just as little evidence as I to tell if this is fake or not. The video alone goes on par with other Anonymous videos out there. 

And when it comes to you, it's quite easy to see how you would direct it towards SV. Not hard at all actually...

Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    It's not that Anonymous wouldn't do something like this, but I just think they'd have picked a better MMO to partner with than MO.

As I mentioned above. If they would do it. It would actually prolly be because SV is a small company. That are burning for their project. And that they do communicate with it's players better then most top notch multimillion MMO companies out there. I wouldn't see them doing it for SOE. Or AV that pisses their players in the face. There is alot a nerd can love and appriciate with MO and SV. Despite all it's flaws etc. MO ain't where SV or it's players wants it to be. But they are slowly getting there. And it is interesting times ahead with new TC, steam release and character revamp ahead. So yeah, ofc they COULD support them. I don't think so. But will be nice to see if the DDOS attacks etc dies out or not.

Anonymous is quite a large group. I wouldn't be suprised if some of them actually likes what SV are trying to do with MO. SVs communication alone with their playerbase can win the most stubborn MMO-player over. Except for those that spend thousands of posts about how they dislike SV here ofc... You have just as little evidence as I to tell if this is fake or not. The video alone goes on par with other Anonymous videos out there. 

And when it comes to you, it's quite easy to see how you would direct it towards SV. Not hard at all actually...

It's not that Anonymous wouldn't do something like this, but I just think they'd have picked a better MMO to partner with than MO.

As I mentioned above. If they would do it. It would actually prolly be because SV is a small company. That are burning for their project. And that they do communicate with it's players better then most top notch multimillion MMO companies out there. I wouldn't see them doing it for SOE. Or AV that pisses their players in the face. There is alot a nerd can love and appriciate with MO and SV. Despite all it's flaws etc. MO ain't where SV or it's players wants it to be. But they are slowly getting there. And it is interesting times ahead with new TC, steam release and character revamp ahead. So yeah, ofc they COULD support them. I don't think so. But will be nice to see if the DDOS attacks etc dies out or not.

Seriously you have GOT to be kidding me that you STILL think that message was real.  The uploader didn't even edit right and the video ends abruptly around 1:45

Some people will apparently believe ANYTHING simply because they wish so hard for it to be true... like a lot that happens with Mortal Online.

Seriously you have GOT to be kidding me that you STILL think that message was real.  The uploader didn't even edit right and the video ends abruptly around 1:45

Some people will apparently believe ANYTHING simply because they wish so hard for it to be true... like a lot that happens with Mortal Online.

Who cares if he didn't end it at 1:45? Some records go on for 15 minutes after the last song, and then there is nothing. Sometimes there is another song. Sometimes not. Sometimes movies have extra scenes at the end. Sometimes not. It can be intended here as well. Who knows. You don't know. And I don't know.

But you also need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. I wrote "So yeah, ofc they COULD support them. I don't think so". 

Some people hate SV so much that they think NOONE can actually like the game or appriciate the company behind it, and that some people within Anonymous actually COULD support them. Stranger things has happened. 

Who cares if he didn't end it at 1:45? Some records go on for 15 minutes after the last song, and then there is nothing. Sometimes there is another song. Sometimes not. Sometimes movies have extra scenes at the end. Sometimes not. It can be intended here as well. Who knows. You don't know. And I don't know.

But you also need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. I wrote "So yeah, ofc they COULD support them. I don't think so". 

Some people hate SV so much that they think NOONE can actually like the game or appriciate the company behind it, and that some people within Anonymous actually COULD support them. Stranger things has happened. 

No rational person could believe that was real.

No rational person could believe that was real.

We will prolly never know. I know you ofc don't want it to be true. I said I don't think it's real either. But will still see if the DDOS attacks etc slows down or not. That will be as close to "proof" we can come.

• oldmostaffoldmostaff Member CommonPosts: 18

I give this a 99% chance at being fake for the following: 

A) anon is good with computers, they woudln't fuck up video editing and leave in a ton of extra time 

B) anon hates censorship, if you've ever posted anything troll-ish on the MO forums you know how much they delete threads and posts 

For example, just today they deleted a thread that had the general 'guess when next patch is' and everyone was trolling and saying next year, next christmas, weeks not months, etc...

I go to check on it today, totally gone. Deleted. Conversations that make SV look bad are just flat out deleted. Anon would not put up with that type of moderation. 

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by oldmostaff

It's 100% fake, give me a break.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I'm seriously amused and amazed that some posters at MMORPG.com think that Anonymous, who involves itself in the politics of the world, would give one one tenth of a shit about Mortal Online.

I mean, are you people for real?

Maybe some of you just don't know who and what Anonymous are...

Smile

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

SVs communication alone with their playerbase can win the most stubborn MMO-player over. 

Yeah, as long as you don't post something that happens to be disliked by them. Censorship ahoy! 

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by oldmostaff

A) anon is good with computers, they woudln't fuck up video editing and leave in a ton of extra time 

B) anon hates censorship, if you've ever posted anything troll-ish on the MO forums you know how much they delete threads and posts 

For example, just today they deleted a thread that had the general 'guess when next patch is' and everyone was trolling and saying next year, next christmas, weeks not months, etc...

I go to check on it today, totally gone. Deleted. Conversations that make SV look bad are just flat out deleted. Anon would not put up with that type of moderation. 

Do you mean this thread: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/countdown-to-character-revamp-patch.93670/page-12#post-1623343 It's still alive and kicking, and it's the only big one about it that there has been. And please show me to all those deleted posts. Cause I follow it more or less daily and never seen any censorship, except for the obious trolls that every MMO gets. But contructive critisicm towards the game and SV has always stayed and usually they respond to it as well.

Originally posted by Razeekster

I'm seriously amused and amazed that some posters at MMORPG.com think that Anonymous, who involves itself in the politics of the world, would give one one tenth of a shit about Mortal Online.

I mean, are you people for real?

Maybe some of you just don't know who and what Anonymous are...

It's not your normal MMORPG posters.  Some people will believe ANYTHING.... obviously as has been demonstrated over and over again.  Reality has little meaning to these folks.

Notice that as far as I can tell it's not even being discussed on the official MO forums.  Maybe one of these believers should start a discussion over there.

Who is a believer? So far I see noone in this thread that actually believes the vid to be real. Just speculating about it. Some here seems to love to put words into peoples mouths.
    Originally posted by Norpan
    Who is a believer? So far I see noone in this thread that actually believes the vid to be real. Just speculating about it. Some here seems to love to put words into peoples mouths.

There is nothing to speculate.  There is ZERO chance that was real.  Some people just like to cling to false hope and promises.

There is nothing to speculate.  There is ZERO chance that was real.  Some people just like to cling to false hope and promises.

There is plenty to speculate. You clearly are just as onesided as the fanboys. Your post history here speaks for itself. Sure it ain't likely that it is Anonymous. But it wouldn't be THAT big of a suprise if some people from Anon likes and support SV. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others would. So yeah. The chances that it is Anon is slim. But higher then 0% like the haters here think. And we can say this or that is true, but we will probably never know. So it's quite pointless really.

The chances that it is Anon is slim. But higher then 0% like the haters here think. And we can say this or that, but we will probably never know.

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.

As I said: Some people just like to cling to false hope and promises.

The quote is a perfect example of this.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
     The chances that it is Anon is slim. But higher then 0% like the haters here think. And we can say this or that, but we will probably never know.

To be classified a " hater" for not believing this poorly faked video is ridiculous. 

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Originally posted by ilives

To be classified a " hater" for not believing this poorly faked video is ridiculous. 

LOL. It's not bout this clip. You just have to browse Slapshots post history to see he is quite obsessed with MO. But ofcource "haters" will cry false, and fanboys say it could be true. But the truth is we REALLY don't know for sure. If you have any proof of it being false then show it. Haters can't. And fanboys can't say it's real. The odds ofc say it's just a funny video using Anon type videos to make a statement. But we can't say for sure.  Period.

But ofcource "haters" will cry false, and fanboys say it could be true. But the truth is we REALLY don't know for sure.

No rational person could possibly think that it were true.

Please do post a thread on the official forums and let's see what happens.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

How I know it is not Anonymous

-they talk about taking out corrupt players and guilds etc. . . then 

"to EVERYONE in Mortal Online. . . you are the future."

Clearly this was meant to be entertaining. .  or someone got bored etc.  I also can't see Anonymous having a consumer product  logo over their own for an entire video.

Of course I can't "know" that they didn't make it.- I also don't "know" that China exists because I have not been there. . but it is not hard to figure out.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!