Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Diablo 3: Hey Blizzard! Thanks for the Crusader!

124»

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Razeekster

I'm not the "voice of the millions." You want proof which one the playerbase liked better? Okay.

Look at the user score for Diablo 3.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

Now look at the user score for Torchlight 2:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/torchlight-ii

Based upon that most players agree Torchlight 2 is better.

The problem there is many aren't even reviewing the game in and of itself, they're reviewing the service. We saw the same thing with Simcity, XBOX one (before MS changed their policy), Ubisoft games, etc..etc.. Many are reviewing the DRM, and basing their opinion solely on that.

While it's fair to critique a game for anything that turns you off. It's not exactly telling of the actual game in and of itself. In terms of how it plays, how fun it actually is, how polished (which online had a huge and expected impact on that overall opinion. {it even turned into a bullet fired back at Blizz, EA, and Ubi policies}. DRM is simply a barrier, once you're past it it hardly diminishes game-play.

Personally I can't stand just about any isometric ARPG or hack and slash in general. The few I did were short lived thrills, and not much more. I have never liked diablo, but that doesn't cloud my opinion on this, people had a &^%$ fit over the DRM and bad launch, everyone saw that. That had to have an impact on those ratings.

My favorite AARPG is still Diablo 2. I feel like Diablo 3 was dumbed down.

Smile

Originally posted by DamonVile
    First of all, Diablo 3 isn't a sub-based game (for someone who is so heavily defending it, I'd think you'd know that...). Secondly I reiterate, "1) the reputation of Diablo and Diablo 2 helped it make those sales. 2) Blizzard's massive advertising campaign for the game (Diablo 2 never had T.V. commercials for it). 3) An increased population of gamers. 4) The fact that people that signed up for the World of Warcraft annual pass got Diablo 3 for free."

I think we're done here. 

Not really sure what you're trying to prove by highlighting that in red. You did say "sub" and implied they had 12 million when it isn't even a sub-based game...

Smile

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Not a sentiment I haven't heard before in regard to 3. There may be some truth to that, personally I like Marvel Ultimate alliance ( even though I'm not a comic fan, it just had a great co-op style IMO, Titan quest was pretty fun for a bit as well. (mythology fan here). I could never really get into the lore with Diablo, nor really any other Blizz product.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    First of all, Diablo 3 isn't a sub-based game (for someone who is so heavily defending it, I'd think you'd know that...). Secondly I reiterate, "1) the reputation of Diablo and Diablo 2 helped it make those sales. 2) Blizzard's massive advertising campaign for the game (Diablo 2 never had T.V. commercials for it). 3) An increased population of gamers. 4) The fact that people that signed up for the World of Warcraft annual pass got Diablo 3 for free."

I think we're done here. 

Not really sure what you're trying to prove by highlighting that in red. You did say "sub" and implied they had 12 million when it isn't even a sub-based game...

Although I agree with you that TL2 was better than D3 (for me it was much funner), the portion in red is highlighted because he was talking about WoW and not D3. Go back and read it cause I'd hate to see your debate end on a minor technicality when I am having so much fun reading your responses in comparison to that fluff piece the OP posted. 

I'd like to add I am thankful that I am not the only one that sees just how shallow the third installment of a beloved title was. I am still holding out hopes that some sort of info gives me reason to believe they can turn it around but I am jaded at this point.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Not a sentiment I haven't heard before in regard to 3. There may be some truth to that, personally I like Marvel Ultimate alliance ( even though I'm not a comic fan, it just had a great co-op style IMO, Titan quest was pretty fun for a bit as well. (mythology fan here). I could never really get into the lore with Diablo, nor really any other Blizz product.

I like Marvel Heroes for what it is, but the disappointment I feel over it not being a 3D Marvel MMO makes it hard for me to get into the game without a sense of bitterness.

Smile

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Thanks for the information.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by exile01

im just generaly against all advertizements, especially those hiden in articles like those.

pls just dont do this anymore, this lowers your rating. Its not like there are no new alternatives for information.

I barely come to this site anymore maybe every few weeks because its Mods do retaliate against free speech and hide blatant advertisements in the form of articles. Their fluff pieces are horridly biased and it shows.

This use to be actually a good site with solid articles and contributions from its staff. It has changed.

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by SBFord
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

95% of my time is spent on the forums where people actually discuss the games good and bad attributes.  I'm not looking for "hater" sites.  I'm looking for honest discussion and preferably a site whose writers are advocates for the players, not the advertisers.  I haven't found that site yet.

Simply because writers don't agree with your view of things, that makes their opinions less valuable than yours. I see now. Thanks for clearing that up. :P

Is it possible that I advocate for, you know, the players who like Diablo 3 as it is, was and forever shall be, Amen? :D

Well...yes. I mean the very notion of an opinion demands that the person with said opinion must BELIEVE they are correct and that all others without their opinion are wrong/less valuable. I can't honestly think of anyone who knowingly holds a wrong/less valuable/inferior opinion. Why would I or any other sane/rational person believe something they know to be wrong? If you believe someone is in fact insane then why bother discussing the issue with them in the first place?

So yes, your differing opinion is less valuable because it is (according to the other individual) wrong.

When the hell did society become so intolerant of others intolerance?! The world would be so damned dull if we all held the same opinions.

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by baphamet

SMH @ the comments here.

when i think the community here can't get any worse i am proven wrong yet again.

just horrid.

reason why i barely come to this site anymore. pure negativity on every article and every post about a game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Based upon that most players agree Torchlight 2 is better.

The problem there is many aren't even reviewing the game in and of itself, they're reviewing the service. We saw the same thing with Simcity, XBOX one (before MS changed their policy), Ubisoft games, etc..etc.. Many are reviewing the DRM, and basing their opinion solely on that.

if you look at the recent metacritic player reviews- they are reviewing the game, not the service

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

• This article was way too close to an advertisement. I get that Suzie likes D3 (I don't,) but I come to this site to read objective articles, not a gushing praisefests.

"Hey Blizzard! Thanks for the Crusader!"

Really?