Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What mmo will ESO resemble most

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Personally i am thinking a  mix between SWTOR, GW2 and LOTRO 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Kingdoms of Amalur
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    i think (and fear) it will be heavily ''lobbytized'' just as Neverwinter Online.Graphically as well..
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Go out on a limb and say....SWG! :)

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    the graphics are not like nw...
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Maybe none if you can live in pvp cryrodill.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

LOTRO with ES combat

I may or may not have played the beta and that may or may not have been the impression.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I struggle to compare it to any other MMOs I've played.  It's truly much more of an ES game than an MMO as far as how it all plays and feels.  There's just the whole massively multiplayer element on top of it.  
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Mix between WoW and GW2 themepark.

This is not a Elder Scroll game.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Reading these comments, and others over the past few days, I am kinda amped. I went from being a hesitant observer, because my love for ES games AND DAoC made me skeptical that a union of the creative forces behind each of them could live up to expectations, to being someone seriously looking forward to playing the game despite any problems I might have with the design choices on paper. Just goes to show you: sometimes the professionals do know what they are doing, despite all the speculative conflict that arises during game development. Can't wait.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by Classicstar

Mix between WoW and GW2 themepark.

This is not a Elder Scroll game.

It's as close as you can get to an elder scrolls game. Everything about ESO smells of skyrim, from the text boxes describing weapons and armor down to the music score.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Neverwinter Online

It doesn't even slightly resemble it.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    A weird mix of DAOC and TES.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

How it looks means jack shit.

How it plays is all the matters. I just haven't seen or read enough to know precisely. How replayable the game is is all that matters to me as long as the systems works. Honestly the combat and team interaction looks to be a decent change to the norm. I look at Wildstar (beta? Hmm maybe :) ) and am "meh". I look at this game and for reason I am at least slightly intrigued.

You stay sassy!

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

It reminds me most of Darkfall

Simmilar combat and sieges.

Better graphics though but lighter PVP mechanics.

Can't wait.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    GW2 with the combat from Neverwinter and the questing from WoW.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    WoW and WAR
  • killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

elder scrolls and daoc, but with an emphasis on the elder scrolls lore,

cant wait.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by Distopia
    A weird mix of DAOC and TES.

Yep.

Its like Todd Howard and Matt Firor got really drunk one night and TESO is the offspring

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I would say SWTOR style story telling and voice overs

DAOC PvP and Sieges

Maybe a mix of Tera and Neverwinter combat mechanics? but more refined and engaging to resemble more of elder scrolls combat mechanics because of the stamina and magicka bars with first person view option and being able to wear any kind of weapon and armor regardless of your class.

Basically an elder scrolls game with elder scrolls art style and graphics with a mmo cherry on top.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Neverwinter Online

then why does " heavily instanced " keep coming up.

My guess is it's going to be a mix of generic wow clone mmos and neverwinter.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Neverwinter Online

Because anytime any instancing is brought up, it's always a case of being "heavily instanced", when in fact many don't even know what instanced means. There's a lot of phasing that much is apparent, and yes there will be some instancing, but as far as design goes, it's nothing like neverwinter. I'd say more but I can't so I'll just use general information you can find any where.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Neverwinter Online

Because anytime any instancing is brought up, it's always a case of being "heavily instanced", when in fact many don't even know what instanced means. There's a lot of phasing that much is apparent, and yes there will be some instancing, but as far as design goes, it's nothing like neverwinter. I'd say more but I can't so I'll just use general information you can find any where.

Instancing seems to be a generic derogatory term nowadays. I'd like to say more as well but I'll just agree here and state that it is nothing like Neverwinter.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

A less polished GW2.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Neverwinter Online

If you are talking about the mega-server instances being like NWN (STO and pretty much all MMOs out there now) sure, in that case you could say that ESO is "heavily instanced" (if it has a lots of players in a zone). But using that technology to balance players doesn't mean the game plays and feels like NWN.

It doesn't, anyone trying the games at convention in the last year can tell you that.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by djazzy
    Neverwinter Online

Instancing seems to be a generic derogatory term nowadays. I'd like to say more as well but I'll just agree here and state that it is nothing like Neverwinter.

Amen