Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: FFXIV Black Friday 50% Off!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com would like to share a Black Friday deal brought to you by our digital store partner - DLGamer.com!  From now until Dec 2, 2013 you can get FFXIV: A Realm Reborn for 50% off!  This translates to $15USD for the standard edition and $25USD for the collector's edition!

GET YOUR BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL PRICE AT THIS LINK!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Cool and for those of us building pc's i7 4770k's are marked pretty nicely at newegg right now and ARR comes free with a purchase.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Personally I regret my purchase of this title but atleast it was only $30 at the time. I wouldn't feel as bad if jt was $15.00 so try it atyour own risk.

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    I know this game is a themepark but is there anything at all special about it that might make it worth checking out at this price?
  • danteafkdanteafk Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Not recommending this game. Would not even take if it it`d be for free.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Thanks.With money being tight this helps.
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    I recommend this game to anyone who likes games.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Great game if you enjoy JRPGs and Themeparks with it's own rulesets and mechanics.  Great community as well; just made a new character with the Lightning event and met with only helpful people in Duty Finder.  Even with multiple wipes people just laughed or stayed quiet and didn't leave with snide comments when it was done.

I would say that one would have to enjoy reading, as this goes hand in hand with most JRPGs.  In addition, patience is a must have to even get passed the storyline and learning systems and events (or even unlocking them).  There's a decent amount of gated content and earning your passage to stuff.  If you're the type that rages or brings expectations from other games without understanding that it's a different game with it's own rules and systems, it's likely you will not enjoy this game; it's somewhat like the Dunes in FFXI where the impatient or jerks never make it past level 12 in game.

Also, the game director said that the highest quality items should be very rare and it's not okay for everyone to have access to them.  So you have to put dedication and have skill if you plan to get the best stuff at end game.  Though they're implementing more things to do in 2.1 and beyond for those who don't want to do all that hard stuff (though the game in itself is the hardest MMO on the market to beat the storyline and PuGs just get trampled).

Would recommend monk if the GDC is too much for you; they have a very quick GDC at max level, but also the most complex rotations of any class in any game.  Frequent position changes between flanking and backing; several rotations, multiple circumstantial rotations, buff rotations, debuff rotations... dot rotations... all requiring different positioning every few seconds and watching enemy behavior so that you don't get one shot.

Probably Archer is the easiest to play in terms of DPS.  Melee have a lot to worry about with every mob and boss having some sort of melee range AoE that wrecks you while you have to focus on dozens of things.

Some annoying things are that you can't use skills you earned when level sync'd down.  This changes your rotation on the fly frequently, and requires you to make multiple sets of bars or completely shift abilities when entering a FATE or Dungeon.  In addition you aren't able to transfer items or gil to other characters, but each character is able to learn every class and switch to it on the fly.  Your rotations will also change once you have multiple characters leveled, as you are able to draw abilities from other classes.

As a whole it's a great challenge with a fair story that gets better as you get higher in level.  Great ideas for future content and updates as well.  Definitely worth $15 for the free month if one is bored or wants to pass the time.  Might be worth a monthly fee after 2.1 with all the planned changes we've been seeing and the additional story quests / dungeons / raids / systems / housing / pvp / class changes / mechanics updates / new versions of dungeons / new boss fights / treasure hunts / etc.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I love black fridays.  :)

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Sure does take forever for the site to verify the order, bought for my brother
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Best crafting mmo out right now. Graphics are top three. Guild housing and arenas in two weeks. 15 bucks is a steal.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I thought I would love it, but it gets boring really fast.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Personally I regret my purchase of this title but atleast it was only $30 at the time. I wouldn't feel as bad if jt was $15.00 so try it atyour own risk.

Me too. And have purchased BOTH, original and later ARR to be ready for release day. Worst investment so far. Have however enjoyed a lot great FF feeling first few days ... before discovering box is beautiful outside but nothing in.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Why buy ARR when you had original in other words SE gave ARR free to those people?

• Originally posted by Bloodaxes
    Why buy ARR when you had original in other words SE gave ARR free to those people?

Maybe to be able to play on the PS3 as well? At least that is what I did.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I know it is lame but i have to admit that i knew and was sort of waiting for this game to go on sale to get an added gift and save money lol.

My problem of late has been i have lost a lot of interest in MMO gaming,they have gone in a really bad direction,i feel like mmorpg gaming is slowly going backwards and cheaper at doing it.Ga,mes no longer give me the feeling that the developer is one man's strong vision and passion to create something awesome>instead i have always come away with the feeling these games are nothing more than  C++ code for profit.

So although i have been waiting for the right time to grab FFXIV and that time may be now,i have lost interest.Perhaps when Steam runs some promotion i might pick it up but i just feel FFXIV is not quite the game i wanted it to be and since i like to indulge myself for long periods and devote a lot of time into the game i like,i think i might pass it up entirely.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I was out of town when I got into the beta for this game, was seriously looking at it, when everyone was saying how old school it was, but then I also see people saying it has tons of daily content and instances as the end game content... Is this wrong?  I am not against having some instancing, but I would like some large open world zones, and some dungeons would be nice....Also 'daily' content kind of turns me off, it seems like to make good use of your time you have a checklist of things to do when you hit max level...I know you don't have to, but that is like not liking quests, so you grind mobs for 1/20th the xp and no gear, since the gear is based on quests, if you get what I am saying.

So I have stayed away, figuring I would hit max level and then toss the game away due to daily quests being the content.  I am not a game jumper, so if I can't see myself staying, I don't bother.  If I am wrong on the content, then it might be worth my time?

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Weird how a thread about a game going on sale spawns a bunch of negative testimonials. Happens in like every game here too hehe.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

Yeah, I paid 50. Well, I got a couple of weeks out of it anyway.

• DavodDavod Member UncommonPosts: 44
    So. I bought it. After about 5 hours, I see great potential in the game. First time in a long time I actually feel like living inside of a new world when running in a MMORPG. And I dont understand what people mean with slow battles, I did not thought it was so. We shall see, nevertheless, the price is so small I just had to test it!

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by Davod
    So. I bought it. After about 5 hours, I see great potential in the game. First time in a long time I actually feel like living inside of a new world when running in a MMORPG. And I dont understand what people mean with slow battles, I did not thought it was so. We shall see, nevertheless, the price is so small I just had to test it!

its a new game and will be good for new player about 2-3 weeks. after that it get boring.

also unless you are in a good LS , otherwise all you see is gold seller in Chat.

i dont really regret since it's my choice to try it. but for me i dont think its deserve my money.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Weird how a thread about a game going on sale spawns a bunch of negative testimonials. Happens in like every game here too hehe.

You mean every single thread on this forum, unless it is about a newly announced game maybe and even then someone has the inside info on why it is crap.

This is a website for grumpy people who for the most part for whatever reason aren't playing an MMORPG and have little else to do with their lives but moan about the state of the industry/society/universe/life.  Plain and simple.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

instead of swearing about this game ill say it should have been normal price with no subscription.

then more people would have played it and I would have tried to play now and then for an hour or so just to get to the dungens.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    its not a new game its a revamp of a desaster. ffxiv realm reborn remember I had the first one.