Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW on sale at Amazon for $10.19

OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

May be black Friday only, not sure -- here's the link:

http://amzn.com/B007VTVKG6

Edit: thru December 2.

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

woah.. that might just be the best deal in gaming history *baffled*

That price is obscenely low for this game. Well might bring in some new players for TOKYO

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Might try it for that price
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    now make the combat fun!
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

So I tried and tried and tried to like this game.  I have rolled 5+ characters before and just couldn't get into it.  Anyway the other night I decided why not I'll give this another shot and I've already made it to Savage Coast and I've been having a blast.  Something just clicked for me I guess.  A lot of my major initial complaints at launch have been resolved - animations in particular seem a lot smoother and tighter.  The game runs flawlessly 60+ FPS with everything maxed out (i7 3.4 ghz, 8GB RAM, 7950) sans a few server desynch issues I had one night but that could have been due to something on my end.

The only thing I'm really missing in this title is some open world pvp but I'm missing that in pretty much every well populated title out there due to current trends.

*Also I think my weapon/power choice made a big difference this time through as far as my enjoyment goes.  So I'd recommend experimenting with different weapons/powers and their combos before totally writing the game off.

Steam: Neph

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

So I tried and tried and tried to like this game.  I have rolled 5+ characters before and just couldn't get into it.  Anyway the other night I decided why not I'll give this another shot and I've already made it to Savage Coast and I've been having a blast.  Something just clicked for me I guess.  A lot of my major initial complaints at launch have been resolved - animations in particular seem a lot smoother and tighter.  The game runs flawlessly 60+ FPS with everything maxed out (i7 3.4 ghz, 8GB RAM, 7950) sans a few server desynch issues I had one night but that could have been due to something on my end.

The only thing I'm really missing in this title is some open world pvp but I'm missing that in pretty much every well populated title out there due to current trends.

*Also I think my weapon/power choice made a big difference this time through as far as my enjoyment goes.  So I'd recommend experimenting with different weapons/powers and their combos before totally writing the game off.

The weapons each have their own style of play, and that can be a big part of it, BUT the real key is to understand the active/passive synergies.  Once you understand the combos (passives that exploit the conditions your actives trigger), you can create some powerful decks.  The game doesn't do a very good job of explaining this, but there are some good build guides out there.  The downside is that's it's too easy to create sucky decks. 

The one thing that EVERYONE seems to miss is the Search tool to the right of the ability wheel.  Just type in a condition you want to exploit, and it brings up all the abilities that have it in the description.  This is huge if you are looking for ability combos.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

The weapons each have their own style of play, and that can be a big part of it, BUT the real key is to understand the active/passive synergies.  Once you understand the combos (passives that exploit the conditions your actives trigger), you can create some powerful decks.  The game doesn't do a very good job of explaining this, but there are some good build guides out there.  The downside is that's it's too easy to create sucky decks. 

The one thing that EVERYONE seems to miss is the Search tool to the right of the ability wheel.  Just type in a condition you want to exploit, and it brings up all the abilities that have it in the description.  This is huge if you are looking for ability combos.

Yeah as I lvl I'm starting to see the combos.  Thx  for the tip about the search bar idk that.

Steam: Neph

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by flizzer
    now make the combat fun!

I would have to agree here. I think the game is put together really well, but the combat itself doesn't seem to be that much fun. It's not the combination of actives and passives and I'm reasonably sure it's not the skill wheel itself, it's the encounters themselves. It could just be that tab-target-skill rotation has run its course for me.

Even so, the game is well worth $10 and change.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Personally I really like this game. I found it to be a breath of fresh air in many ways.  It may not be for everybody and the combat is a preference thing to me and I enjoy the way its is mapped out and plays. 
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    and once again another decent offer us NON US can't use... still max price in uk and assume rest of world... why why why make download US only.. :(

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Quazal.A
    and once again another decent offer us NON US can't use... still max price in uk and assume rest of world... why why why make download US only.. :(

Yep, I don't get it either... same with the previous 2 offers... I know that EA is behind them, but Funcom is still a company from here.

And if you see it as an independent Amazon offer, then it makes even less sense why it's not on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk as well.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

It's 14,99 euros on Steam until 3 December.

Not same as $10 but still, it's 50% off for europeans.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Offering the same price outside of the U.S. would have to be done at a loss to Valve or Funcom. Perhaps a contract agreement puts a limit on the EU/UK price offered.

If you're into conspiracy theories, having a higher price in the EU/UK and a lower price in the U.S. means U.S. consumers will purchase many more of something rather than just a little more of something. There are many more buyers in the U.S. so overall sacrificing sales in the EU/UK means gaining a great deal more revenue.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Offering the same price outside of the U.S. would have to be done at a loss to Valve or Funcom. Perhaps a contract agreement puts a limit on the EU/UK price offered.

If you're into conspiracy theories, having a higher price in the EU/UK and a lower price in the U.S. means U.S. consumers will purchase many more of something rather than just a little more of something. There are many more buyers in the U.S. so overall sacrificing sales in the EU/UK means gaining a great deal more revenue.

HEHE but must admit im not into conspiracy theories, but i have to disagree with your 2nd paragraph :). Fact is the European market is double the  size of the US. 

NB Figures are only approx could be +/- 5% 

Europe  - 739.2 million

US - 313.9 million

Now how many of each country are likely to play, What the US holds is being the world police its considered the biggest of everything when in fact its second at a lot of things :).

But i just shed a lil tear when i see these nice offers on amazon only too see "only for US / Canada address" of course any person can choose who he sells too i for one would have bougth this, but i dont honestly believe i can warrant paying full EU price for a game that when i tried it out post  beta release i struggled to enjoy :( just a personal opinion ofc :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy