Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Diablo 3: Hey Blizzard! Thanks for the Crusader!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Crusader is the new class coming to Diablo 3 when the Reaper of Souls expansion goes live sometime in 2014. We take a look at why one player is giving thanks for this awesome new addition. Read on before heading to the comments.

Being that today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States, I want to take a different tack when it comes to my thoughts about the new Crusader class. Rather than another recitation of what the class can do and a thousand words later, I will instead make a simple list of the reasons why I am personally thankful that the Crusader is coming to my favorite action RPG.

Read more of Suzie Ford's Diablo 3: Hey Blizzard! Thanks for the Crusader!.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

im just generaly against all advertizements, especially those hiden in articles like those.

pls just dont do this anymore, this lowers your rating. Its not like there are no new alternatives for information.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Heaven forbid they have a piece about a beta testers personal like of a new class to an anticipated game.
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by exile01

wow, wtf is this piece of shit advertizement.

Comeone MMORPG- you can do better then this!

I still visit your homepage- but not for this! 

This is a very new low- your digging your grave guys.

+1 from me, and you know they will delete your post as soon as possible, right?

• Yeah thanks Blizz. How do you expect to compete with Titanfall and ESO with a pixel character called the crusader for fans who already OWN the game are BORED of the game and probably will neve COME BACK to the game. Just a question that's all. Unless you stop fucking about and release some fucking solid info on Titan.
    Originally posted by Radoo

i know and probably get another bann, because they dont allow free speech here.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Boy real nice people, well thanks for the article anyhow, I always enjoy a good read here. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I like the Crusader.  Paladin was one of my favorites in D2.  Instead of being holier than thou, the Crusader is more like Holier you are because my flail just hit you 50 times :D
  • revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Excellent article, I too like the crusader alot but I'm afraid I will avoid it for the first few months due to its immense popularity.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

+2, but it sin't as if this is the first time(not by a long way).

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

i know and probably get another bann, because they dont allow free speech here.

I don't recall MMORPG.com ever promising you a medium for free speech...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Suzie is a D3 fan and is doing a Thanksgiving article -- seems fine by me

I don't recall MMORPG.com ever promising you a medium for free speech...

I visit this site since 2003, i know alot changed and articles like those are certainly the wrong trend to follow

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Crusaders are holy warriors, though they tend to live on the flipside from the 'warriors of light' that the Paladins represent. They are driven and focused in their zeal to rid the world of evil.

Love it! I have a skyrim character that essentially embodies this attitude, very intense, very fun to play.

I'm very excited about this class and can't wait to get back into the game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

im just generaly against all advertizements, especially those hiden in articles like those.

pls just dont do this anymore, this lowers your rating. Its not like there are no new alternatives for information.

This article was not "information" it was "opinion", go to twitch and watch people playing this expansion, no NDA = nothing to hide.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

She's such a shill for D3 it's ridiculous.

None of what's been announced is all that great.  it just puts them at a spot where they should have launched at, and its still missing ladders and PVP.  And you have to spend another $40 to get what we should have had over a year and a half ago.

Every column is just free advertising anyway.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by expresso

This article was not "information" it was "opinion", go to twitch and watch people playing this expansion, no NDA = nothing to hide.

What is the difference? I read gaming articles all the time and I know it's normal for journalists to be overly positive for previews and first impressions.

Then when it's review time they take a neutral stance and list the pros AND cons.

So in that regard this maybe isn't all that weird but this is extremely positive with NO mention of any cons what so ever.  Maybe it's an American thing (I usually read European articles) but I don't feel articles like this should be written by a journalist. This reads like an add or an article from a total fangirl and not written by an independent writer.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I think some people expect too much of the writers on this site. Absolutely nothing against the writers, I genuinely love this site. But I think people expect "Dateline MMORPG" hard hitting reports from inside the industry. They want interviews where they try and piss off the dev, articles that come off as bitter as many forum posters are.

Sorry, this is more akin to being a big MMORPG fan site. These are MMO enthusiasts who do this as a second job. They aren't hard hitting journalists looking to expose the industry. Not that anyone really is doing that because that's a sure fire way to not get any information or interviews ever again...

So basically, just chill out people. Learn to relax a little bit.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Latest MMORPG.com News

So...yeah.....you might want to just add a blog section or something...

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by zellmer

Latest MMORPG.com News

So...yeah.....you might want to just add a blog section or something...

Lol just in case you didn't catch what you did it's called Latest MMORPG.com News not Latest MMORPG News.

Basically it's saying latest news from our website. So they can cover  MMOs and RPGs if they want. I'm hoping they change the site to:

MMO+RPG.com

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I wannel play crusador!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Some of you need to eat more turkey and chill for the day. If it's not Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods, get something to eat that makes you happy. This was fully intended to be a fluff opinion piece to honor the day more than anything else. Sheesh.

For the record: If the article had been a completely informative hard-assed piece, the same people would have been kvetching that D3 isn't an MMO and doesn't belong on the site. 

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate. Cheers for a Thursday evening for those who don't.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Originally posted by Ramonski7

I'm hoping they change the site to:

MMO+RPG.com

Me too. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by SBFord

Some of you need to eat more turkey and chill for the day. If it's not Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods, get something to eat that makes you happy. This was fully intended to be a fluff opinion piece to honor the day more than anything else. Sheesh.

For the record: If the article had been a completely informative hard-assed piece, the same people would have been kvetching that D3 isn't an MMO and doesn't belong on the site. 

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate. Cheers for a Thursday evening for those who don't.

Do you have any examples of D3 articles you've written that take Blizzard to task for not giving a worthy successor to D2 or explained why so many were unhappy?

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    I'm sure you love comments like this so I'm happy to inform you that you probably meant peek in the first graph, not peak.
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Do you have any examples of D3 articles you've written that take Blizzard to task for not giving a worthy successor to D2 or explained why so many were unhappy?

Because it's Thanksgiving and, honestly, I'm too groggy from cooking all day to really want to get into a lengthy discussion or argument over this issue, I will say just this: EVERY article, every comment in a thread, every Twitter post, Twitch broadcast, podcast, name whatever you like thing, is a subjective opinion based on the experiences of the writer/speaker. There will be those who are happy with what's written and those who are not. It's pretty much that simple. No site or newspaper or broadcast channel can please 100% of their audience no matter what is said and by whom. Call it human nature to be divided and divisive.

You think D3 is a lousy game. Great. That's your opinion. I happen to think otherwise. That's my opinion. I'm happy agreeing to disagree and if you'd written an article vilifying the game, I would have read it and moved on understanding that different people think different things.  

This article was not supposed to be hard hitting journalism. Please. Get over the idea that this was supposed to be anything other than a fun piece for what was a fun day until I came here to read the comments.

Should've just had that pumpkin pie instead. ;)

So, adios, vaya con Dios, farewell, adieu, good night. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯