Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be full loot?

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

This game look good, but that's all i wanna know. IF there won't be full loot partial loot like runescape or something hardcore worth to fight for and to live for, then it won't be for me.

If it's not  a full loot game, then what else can we expect it to be? For example: I personally see games without full loot as gear based games like wow.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    I think it's still up for debate. But there will be some sort of loot at least. I hope for full loot, and it seems to lean towards it. But til it is set in stone we will have to keep guessing exactly what it will be.
  • JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172

We are going to balance our looting system in dependance of players skills, weight and other modificators.

There is a big thread at our donators forum section where we are talking with players about it.

Basically system is basing on a exact ammount of time needed to loot parts of victim equipment. So in some cases players will be able to fully loot an enemy, and in some they will be able to loot only part of it.

I cannot really post a entire document in here now, as its a bonus for our donators.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Jogobogos

We are going to balance our looting system in dependance of players skills, weight and other modificators.

There is a big thread at our donators forum section where we are talking with players about it.

Basically system is basing on a exact ammount of time needed to loot parts of victim equipment. So in some cases players will be able to fully loot an enemy, and in some they will be able to loot only part of it.

I cannot really post a entire document in here now, as its a bonus for our donators.

So i expect it to be like a bounty system where you wont necessary get chased down by a bounty hunter because of everything you did, but more like the more trouble you cause, the more chance you have to drop more things or everything. If you're 100% clean and just a pvp player who only defends himself like only killing players who started the shit, killing other villains that no one can trust or just playing to pve, i'm sure you won't lose anything or just a very minimal amount of stuff.

I'd be fine with something like this too.

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

full loot system = dead game.

Be wise and don't make player looting, otherwise game will fail like darkfall.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by mari3k

Really? Because the second most subscribed to game in the world right now is Eve, and it's full loot.

Not only is Darkfall not dead, but its population isn't where it is because of something like full loot.

Educate yourselves before you run scared.

• LungingWolfLungingWolf Member Posts: 73

I agree with this viewpoint in the sense that I think that full loot PvP works only under very specific circumstances. Otherwise, it is prone to quickly alienate players with lawless behavior and die out.

As many others have pointed out, PvP--even PvP with harsher death penalties--is not the real problem. To the contrary, the real problem with such PvP is that it attracts some very nasty people who do nasty things and express nasty attitudes.

For example, I wouldn't mind doing some full loot PvP with the developers of the game which I am playing. Chances are that they will do it in good, respectful fun. But, in contrast, I am wary of doing it with random strangers because you never know how nasty they will get.

So, really, I think that the developers of full loot PvP MMOs need to find ways of socially engineering good communities in their games before they think about instituting full loot PvP.

Waiting for: Citadel of Sorcery. Along the way, The Elder Scrolls Online (when it is F2P).

Keeping an eye on: www.play2crush.com (whatever is going on here).

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Plenty of themeparks for you. Please let us have just one of these good, AAA-level medieval hardcore mmo. I've been craving for one while you themparkers get new MMOs to enjoy every single month. 

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by Params7

Plenty of themeparks for you. Please let us have just one of these good, AAA-level medieval hardcore mmo. I've been craving for one while you themparkers get new MMOs to enjoy every single month. 

Lets see if the developers can figure out how to offer "full loot" without killing their own game off.  I haven't seen anyone pull it off yet.  All it ultimately does is create  a dead world with everyone standing around naked or huddling by a bank or safe zone, people just don't want to deal with the misery and lost productivity of getting ganked and dry looted and eventually just stop logging in. 

So much potential in these types of games usually wasted.  11 million people play Skyrim which has no PvP period but is basically the same gameworld that Mortal Online and Darkfall tried to bring online.  Both have done great with the gameworld but turn off 10 million 900 and 90 thousand or so gamers.  Leaving a few thousand that are interested in a full loot medieval PvP game.

The numbers don't lie but I wish these guys luck because what they have built so far looks simply awesome.  I just don't see it turning out any different then DF and MO after 6 months.  Bring on the PvP, bring in on in spades but figure out how to balance looting and they may actually succeed where the other guys are failing.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by goboygo

Lets see if the developers can figure out how to offer "full loot" without killing their own game off.  I haven't seen anyone pull it off yet.

Eve.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

Lets see if the developers can figure out how to offer "full loot" without killing their own game off.  I haven't seen anyone pull it off yet.  All it ultimately does is create  a dead world with everyone standing around naked or huddling by a bank or safe zone, people just don't want to deal with the misery and lost productivity of getting ganked and dry looted and eventually just stop logging in. 

So much potential in these types of games usually wasted.  11 million people play Skyrim which has no PvP period but is basically the same gameworld that Mortal Online and Darkfall tried to bring online.  Both have done great with the gameworld but turn off 10 million 900 and 90 thousand or so gamers.  Leaving a few thousand that are interested in a full loot medieval PvP game.

The numbers don't lie but I wish these guys luck because what they have built so far looks simply awesome.  I just don't see it turning out any different then DF and MO after 6 months.  Bring on the PvP, bring in on in spades but figure out how to balance looting and they may actually succeed where the other guys are failing.

They have already said that there won't be full loot. This is an area I believe they will listen to its fans on  how to make a non-full loot pvp system that people want.

Originally posted by Sawlstone

They have already said that there won't be full loot. This is an area I believe they will listen to its fans on  how to make a non-full loot pvp system that people want.

Which fan? Coz as far as i know, all the polls about full loot lean more toward the total full loot. Same for the recent thread which includes the full loot info. 

Quick description of the system:

They want a full loot system that will help the zerg more than the smaller clans which i don't like.

Only the your killer(The one who scored the killing shot) Can take what he wants from your body.

When you respawn, you respawn with everything that has not yet been stolen from your corpse.

It takes from 1-20 sec or more based on weight and amount of gold to take out something from a dead body.

When a player is incapacitated, you can take all unwearable items only.

What i don't like? 2 things. The fact that only your killer: 1 person can take something from your corps. When the victim respawn, he respawn with everything that has not yet been stolen again, meaning that it will only buff the zerg clans.

Remove those 2 things and i'm 100% fine with the system. Id even be willing to pay 15$ per month instead of playing for free. If not, il just go play life is feudal coz they both look the same except for one of them has more sandbox in it.

• JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172

Thanks for your comments!

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

When you will finish it off, you will be able to loot wearables too.

Could you also tell me why you think partial loot will encourage zerg clans while full loot wouldn't? Maybe you are totally right, just want to know your point of view better!

Just please remember that those crucial systems will be tested in many iterations with our vips/donators. As you mentioned about giving looting option only for the killer , I am sure that would be one of those things.

Could you also tell me why you think partial loot will encourage zerg clans while full loot wouldn't? Maybe you are totally right, just want to know your point of view better!

Just please remember that those crucial systems will be tested in many iterations with our vips/donators. As you mentioned about giving looting option only for the killer , I am sure that would be one of those things.

Based on my experience, a smaller clan can always survive and killing more players than the opposition(zerg), but they cannot kill each one of them or forcing them to completely retreat. In a large clan, you have multiple type of players and you can see this in the picture below: A comic that i read when i'm bored named the noob.

http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=296

In a zerg clan, they're generally disorganized and they never function with one set of mind like a smaller clan. This mean that a small clan, no matter how small can kill some of them. Mainly the meat-shields. Large clans are always active so while they can always manage with the numbers, it's not always the same top 5-10-25 that you see. This is why a organized clan with 5-10-25 members to match the top players of a large clan can always dominate the zerg.

Now, if you looked at the picture, you should know that this is pretty accurate because this is exactly how it was from the sandbox games i was playing. As a result, there's a lot of easy target that you may want to pick on and once that's done, you have the main force to face. This type of play create scenarios that we thought were not possible like winning in a 20 men vs 80 just because none of the best were online that day(I was a victim of this when i was not good enough in a sandbox game i used to play where stats and gear was a thin gap).

What's not possible is killing everyone of them especially when most of the top of the zerg food chain are online. From there, the plan is to pick players who are badly positioned and not good enough to survive. The thing, is there must also be a reason to do it. Mainly for the loots, but here's the problem. It won't be possible for a smaller clan to take out something from the enemy zerg if the zerg keep on back firing and making a shield wall formation until their ally respawn with everything that was on his corpse. IT's just unfair that a larger force can kill one player from a smaller clan while stealing everything before that same player can release. A smaller clan won't be able to back fire against a larger force who can keep on pushing. 

My suggestion is to allow everyone to steal from a dead player. This will also allow the friend of the fallen to save what he lost if he can survive the battle or if he has enough carry weight left to pick most things. If you still want partial loot, make players recover a percentage amount of gold and stackable. Give a 25-50% chance for each singular items and wearable to be dropped in the corpse. All those things left in the corpse should be left there indefinitely or after a time where any type of battle should be over. This will give time for the raiders to take what they came for instead of trying to beat the respawn timer. Near each fallen, it shouldnt in no way feel like we're playing king of the hill.

One more thing i forgot: It shouldnt be possible to deny a player kill by simply running in a mob spawn and letting a monster taking the last hit just to safely respawn with everything on you. Best way to prevent that is to making it impossible to self deny if you last got hit by a player 2 minutes ago.

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

My suggestion?..Focus on content  and polish before anything else ;)

But as far as pvp goes...I've never done it to take they're shit...It's either been to prove something or protect myself..lawless full  loot KOS is what plagues survival games and i cant see its value in mmorpgs...you need the threat of losing everything to enjoy yourself? i understand the DAYZ attitude but it doesn't inspire cooperative behaviour...just fend for yourself,  solo zerg shit..i guarantee you will have DFUW without the comapny making nearly as much as AV did ;)

Originally posted by rogue187

My suggestion?..Focus on content  and polish before anything else ;)

But as far as pvp goes...I've never done it to take they're shit...It's either been to prove something or protect myself..lawless full  loot KOS is what plagues survival games and i cant see its value in mmorpgs...you need the threat of losing everything to enjoy yourself? i understand the DAYZ attitude but it doesn't inspire cooperative behaviour...just fend for yourself,  solo zerg shit..i guarantee you will have DFUW without the comapny making nearly as much as AV did ;)

I was in a hurry so i typed pretty fast so i'm cleaning my post now.

There's already a kos system on paper and i'm fine with it. 

Trust me, it has never been to prove something. To prove something, you just need to challenge someone in a 1on1 or in a fair match when everyone is ready. Usually, it's the players that can't win in a open world encounter that will challenge someone instead except when an amount of gold is on the table.

What you just said after that is a false statement and i can say the same in a world with no risk at all. 

The reason gloria victis need to thrive on a risk vs reward system instead of none of it at all is because those mmo's don't usually have a huge gap between gears and level. It would be boring As hell if we can feel like we're already at end game after a week or less than a month. There needs to be something that can give us the feeling that there's no end game and simply a repetitive cycle that everyone can have fun doing in a open world.

Games with no full loot usually have bound items that you cannot trade after you equip them for the first time. They also have leveled items and colors that determine how good it must be from gray, green, yellow, blue, purple(set) items and when you level up from level 20 to 30, you have to find a new gray that will replace the old blue/purple and after that, you will need to find green yellow, blue purple items for the next 30-40. It's not that i hate the system, it's just that none full loot game are built to be fun for years without full loot.

Runescape has full loot too. When you die and you only have 3 items left or if you die with a skull on your head, you have nothing left. You can craft almost everything too and it's easy to retake what you lost and i mean very easy. This is why today, runescape is still popular plus the fact that runescape has some of the best quest ever made for mmorpg's.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Hey there.

Just want to say that this game has me really impressed and I'm totally psyched about it. Exactly the sort of thing I've been longing for. It checks all the lists for me:

1. Authentic and Realistic medieval feel. Great art style with No clicheed high fantasy stuff.

2. True skill-based combat, oh yeah!

3. Awesome graphics

4. Sandbox

5. Classless progression

6. Designed for fans of classic RPGs

7.  True 1st person-view is eventually planned (was very pleased to learn this).

Some suggestions (if not already being done):

- Keep the combat hardcore (not dumbed down). There's just something about being able to chop arms and heads off in Chivalry medieval warfare that makes it stand out :D

- Keep the UI minimalist.

I don't know if it's better to wait until official fundraising or contribute now in pre-alpha.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

Lets see if the developers can figure out how to offer "full loot" without killing their own game off.  I haven't seen anyone pull it off yet.

Eve.

Eve have high sec zones... so the danger of full loot to players is significantly reduced.

So in a sense it is not really "full-loot" as in the sense of people meaning free-for-all full loot.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I just contributed, its only 10$ but I did last night and Ive been playing all day today so far.

its a difficult game at start, nothing like we have seen in ages.

Kick em 10$ and start playing

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

Omg the "will there be full loot" kiddies again….

NO THERE WONT !!

Full loot means Dead Game ! Look at darkfail, that mess is the outcome of full loot.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • kamienkamien Member UncommonPosts: 26

I totally agree with the fact that some players really want a full loot mmorpg that is AAA quality. I am tired of easy mmorpg's we have and i want something much harder.

And for those saying Full loot is fail and mention Dark Fall.. please do yourself a favor go play some mmorpg's ( More than just 1-2 ) Then come talk with those who really tried pretty much everything out there about who and what failed. Yes Dark Fall wasn't a sucess but there's plenty of other games with full loot and partial loot that worked Really well thanks.

But honestly lets be real, Gloria Victis doesn't have what it takes to be that game. I'll just wait another 1-2 years and cross fingers..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by kamien

I totally agree with the fact that some players really want a full loot mmorpg that is AAA quality. I am tired of easy mmorpg's we have and i want something much harder.

And for those saying Full loot is fail and mention Dark Fall.. please do yourself a favor go play some mmorpg's ( More than just 1-2 ) Then come talk with those who really tried pretty much everything out there about who and what failed. Yes Dark Fall wasn't a sucess but there's plenty of other games with full loot and partial loot that worked Really well thanks.

But honestly lets be real, Gloria Victis doesn't have what it takes to be that game. I'll just wait another 1-2 years and cross fingers..

Yeah, I can understand how you miss any difficulty in an MMO however, I don't think a full loot system will give you that difficulty. I can say that having other players to PvP against will easily bring that difficulty because lets face it. Humans are typically smarter than computers. Either way I hope the game turns out good and I'm hoping that this game isn't focused around a full loot system.

A loot drop system is already confirmed so this is pretty irrelevant for this discussion.

With that being said, il go on and say that wow is as hard as any game in the pvp department. If you're a tryhard, you can make a macro and press one button to activate all your spells in the right order to kill 1 after an other, but in wow, there's no reason to win a fight because 30 seconds later, you're back in one piece. This mean that you don't need to play to win or to care. You just need to enter a battle ground, go afk, expect your team to win and gain some honor points.

Again, that's beside the point since it's already confirmed that GV will have it's own loot drop system after death and a law system. Here, we just want to add suggest more option to it now that's it's partially confirmed and if you saw my suggestion from the previous pages, you will see that i can adapt to a not completely full loot system, but in revenge, i just want a system that is fair to everyone, not only for the zerg side of the force.

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Eve have high sec zones... so the danger of full loot to players is significantly reduced.

So in a sense it is not really "full-loot" as in the sense of people meaning free-for-all full loot.

You never played EvE beyond the tutorial. You can get attacked and ganked at any time in highsec and of course you get looted in that case. Whole corporations follow the highsec pirate business model. The only differences to low and 0.0 are the criminal/suspect flags which are irrelevant for pirates and the concord answer which means that the attacker will be killed by NPC police 100% - no chance to escape.

Then it is just a numbers game. A freighter with more than 1 billion worth of goods is on average worth the Tornados you have to sacrifice to pop it. Most badly fitted mining barges get popped by a single cheap catalyst destroyer and so on. Usually there is a hauler friend of them nearby to loot your belongings.

*** About full loot games being antisocial you can again take EvE as an example. I never played a more social game.

If you are not a complete tool and fool it will take you all of 5 minutes to find a nice corp (eve flavour of guild) and most of the ones which accept new players also help them quite a bit over the first rough steps in that world by providing e.g. free starter ships and skillbooks and help with choosing the development direction you want to take with your first character and panning out a suiting skill plan.

Apart from that EvE has the most massive player organized communities I know of. Goons have like 12.000 members and are the biggest by a long shot, but there are quite a number of corporations and alliances who have a membercount in the thousands.

What makes the game great in the end is the ffa and full loot pvp aspect because it is actually the driver for the elaborate economy. Because ships explode and capsuleers need to get new vessels the whole of EvE has fun stuff after their personal taste to do. The miners, the carebears, the producers, the mercenaries, the scammers, the pirates, the haulers, the traders, the mission runners, the explorers, the wormhole dwellers, the giant nullsec alliances.. Everyone profits from the fact that your gear can be destroyed and the remnants looted at any tme and any place.

FFA PvP with full loot is the best concept ever invented in online gaming under the condition that it furthers all other flavours of gameplay and is not just an annoying sidekick without real economic impact. Given the possibilities to model a classic medieval economy after historical blueprints full loot could be a great driver for the Gloria Victis. What makes me a wee bit suspicios is that it is seemingly discussed as kind of a limited afterthought instead of the very foundation of gameplay which enables and defines all other systems. I hope I am wrong there.

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    From what i know GV will not have fool loot pvp, rather one item loot pvp ;). Maybe something has changed but i heard that when u die u loose one item. There will be also safe zones like big cities etc ;)