Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is 66% off for the Holiday!

HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127

http://darkfallonline.com/news/66-darkfall-unholy-wars

If you were thinking about trying the game give it a shot. 

Hit me up in game if you need advice. Hidden Dragon NA server

Comments

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

not a bad idea...

get your beta invite now

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

they better go free to play while their is nothing out there to play.

then ill play it,the game was unfinished and overprised and still is.

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187
    13,5 bucks are still too much. why should i pay for a below mediocre game?
  • HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Name a better open world PvP game that's out and is better? If you can Ill give you a turkey!
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    If they also took 66% or more off the monthly sub fee I would give it another go.. In its current state it's just not worth it.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Hiddenxdragon
    Name a better open world PvP game that's out and is better? If you can Ill give you a turkey!

EVE Online, Mortal Online, Xsyon, Wurm Online etc. All those game at least have developers that communicate with their playerbase. I gave DFUW a fair shot, and was there during BETA, launch and I recently unsubbed. Cause I can't stand behind a company that lies their players straight in the face, and that can't even spell to the word "communication"... Stay as far away from this game as you can til it goes f2p. Don't be fooled by the few fanboys that still linger on to this dying game.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

I think you mean free to beta or free to test.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Not worth it, even with the discount, imo.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

EVE Online, Mortal Online, Xsyon, Wurm Online etc. All those game at least have developers that communicate with their playerbase. I gave DFUW a fair shot, and was there during BETA, launch and I recently unsubbed. Cause I can't stand behind a company that lies their players straight in the face, and that can't even spell to the word "communication"... Stay as far away from this game as you can til it goes f2p. Don't be fooled by the few fanboys that still linger on to this dying game.

Hilarious post.  Mortal Online hahahaha.  There is nothing else out there like DF...those games do not have the combat system that DF has.  Xsyon and Wurm are crude beyond crude, with horrible combat systems for action combat fans.

Thank god I didn't listen to the toxic bitter DF1 vets, that will do anything to sink this game.  Your game is gone, it's not coming back.  People that didn't play DF1 don't care about it and it will not affect their views on DFUW.  AV's communication sucks, I agree.  But I don't care.  There is nothing like this game out there, period.  I've literally never seen anything like the hate this game gets, not based on it's merits but based on people crying about things that have nothing to do with this game (communication and DF1).

I just don't understand it.  Without a doubt the most toxic ex players I've encountered in any game.  I didn't play DF1 and I don't hang on every word AV says.  I play the game.  The game is unfinished but still the most fun I've had since EQ1.  Please go play a linear themepark game or unplayable MO/Xsyon/Wurm...I'm sure the communities would love to have all of you.  It's time for all of you to move on.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Not worth it...DF1 was ways better!
    Originally posted by Mardukk

Hilarious post.  Mortal Online hahahaha.  There is nothing else out there like DF...those games do not have the combat system that DF has.  Xsyon and Wurm are crude beyond crude, with horrible combat systems for action combat fans.

Thank god I didn't listen to the toxic bitter DF1 vets, that will do anything to sink this game.  Your game is gone, it's not coming back.  People that didn't play DF1 don't care about it and it will not affect their views on DFUW.  AV's communication sucks, I agree.  But I don't care.  There is nothing like this game out there, period.  I've literally never seen anything like the hate this game gets, not based on it's merits but based on people crying about things that have nothing to do with this game (communication and DF1).

I just don't understand it.  Without a doubt the most toxic ex players I've encountered in any game.  I didn't play DF1 and I don't hang on every word AV says.  I play the game.  The game is unfinished but still the most fun I've had since EQ1.  Please go play a linear themepark game or unplayable MO/Xsyon/Wurm...I'm sure the communities would love to have all of you.  It's time for all of you to move on.

Mortal Online beats DFUW in every sandbox aspect that DFUW can throw at them. DFUW have shit when it comes to sandbox features. And AV tries to advertice it as a sandbox game. Pfft. What a freaking joke... DFUW is THE biggest sandbox MMORPG joke out there. Big ass PVP arena game? Sure. But not a sandbox game. A good big ass PVP arena game? Not by a long shot. Roles still missing, and those that are there are still not balanced enough. Atm it's Dualist that is flavour of the month. AV have a looooong road to walk, but their turtle development speed and mute communication skills, will put this game into the ground long before any of those other games I mentioned.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Mortal Online beat DFUW in every sandbox aspect that DFUW can throw at them. DFUW have shit when it comes to sandbox features. And AV tries to advertice it as a sandbox game. Pfft. What a freaking joke... DFUW is THE biggest sandbox MMORPG joke out there. Big ass PVP arena game? Sure. But not a sandbox game. A good big ass PVP arena game? Not by a long shot. Roles still missing, and those that are there are still not balanced enough. Atm it's Dualist that is flavour of the month. AV have a looooong road to walk, but their turtle development speed and mute communication skills, will put this game into the ground long before any of those other games I mentioned.

Darkfall is a sandbox because you can log in, and do whatever you want. PvE, PvP, Craft, Fish, Pirate, Capture villages, Run a dungeon, Extort your neighbors,  Duel, play the markets, etc.

There is no quest trail to follow. No gated content. No Gear Score.

As for class balance, yes Duelist is the FotM. They are the newest school, and they are powerful.

But anyone can beat a Duelist. Buy a shield and get good.

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Hmm, nice discount!

I might take use of this and try this game at last. I hear great things but also bad things, time to finally see what all the debates are about myself. But from what I've seen and read. It's gonna be a good, good ride! 

See ya all in-game

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

[mod edit]

Darkfall is all predetermined choices set up in open world.

Classes with x amount skills

prowness gains same as any other quest system

Cities are predetermined locations on the map

housing is the same

i can't think of one sandbox element in this game.. maybe some people think its  a sandox because its open world.. which is up for debat

DF1 was not even sandbox .. except for the fact you where free of choice of that to use in combat aka char building (skillbase system)

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Open RvR in 2001's Dark Age of Camelot is by far a better title.  As dated as that game is, you have 44 classes, 24 races, uniquely separated along 3 Realms (factions).  You have 50 levels to master in each realm: Norway, Ireland, and England.  You have epic lore, oh, and unlike Darkfall, you actually get to kill races and classes that are different than yours.  Heck, even the armor is different to such an extent, I could literally take all names off (no red tags) and I would still know what realm, class, and race, just by seeing them on the persistent battlefield as I help my realm to defend and or take a castle.

I don't mean to bash your game, I am only saying that my time in Darkfall ended immediately, not because I can't handle being griefed when I come home from work by someone who was on all day...but because I wanted meaningful, quality, pvp that mattered - with the lore to match my expectations which were quite high since I came out of a medieval history degree.

Thank you though :)  Might I counter suggest you take a look at Gloria Victis, instead? :) 4 realms...medieval warfare, castle sieging, etc.  Kickstarter/pre-alpha phase but worth a look.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Steam has other more successful subscription mmos on sale for $5.  Not sure why you would pick darkfall.
    Originally posted by Lustmord

Mortal Online beat DFUW in every sandbox aspect that DFUW can throw at them. DFUW have shit when it comes to sandbox features. And AV tries to advertice it as a sandbox game. Pfft. What a freaking joke... DFUW is THE biggest sandbox MMORPG joke out there. Big ass PVP arena game? Sure. But not a sandbox game. A good big ass PVP arena game? Not by a long shot. Roles still missing, and those that are there are still not balanced enough. Atm it's Dualist that is flavour of the month. AV have a looooong road to walk, but their turtle development speed and mute communication skills, will put this game into the ground long before any of those other games I mentioned.

Darkfall is a sandbox because you can log in, and do whatever you want. PvE, PvP, Craft, Fish, Pirate, Capture villages, Run a dungeon, Extort your neighbors,  Duel, play the markets, etc.

As for class balance, yes Duelist is the FotM. They are the newest school, and they are powerful.

Ahh, DFUW nr 1 fanboi has spoken. Everything you wrote about there is a joke. Crafting is get the mats you need, click a button, and see if you fail or succeed. Like any themepark out there. PVE is go kill 100 goblins and get some prowess etc. Just like any boring quest in a themepark. Saying there is no trail to follow is a lie. The prowess/quest-trail is right there... Fishing is stand by the sea, click water and look and wait to see what useless fish you get. Capturing villages has no meaning since villages are useless. Play the market? Buy low and sell high? The game and global AH was dead. Your not fooling any1 with that one. And same goes for every "sandbox" feature DFUW has. It's a joke. It's boring. There is nothing to do ingame except PVPing. And when there is no people online as it was up until I unsubbed. There's no point to even log in.

The game is dead and 66% off won't fool any1 that has more then 4-5 braincells and can read these forums, and not DFUW forums where the moderators delete and ban any1 that is vocal about the games issues or AVs lack of doing something about those issues. Any1 here can check up your posting history here or on DFUW where you asked for help to defend DFUW on this forum. I admire your patience with the joke company that is AV. Sooner or later you will wake up from the bad dream that is DFUW. 

The point of the prowess system is that you can do whatever you want and advance your character. You don't have to sit and grind through each feat one at a time. I have multiple half finished feats that I will eventually finish and get rewards for.

It's a much better system than macroing on a bloodwall with rank 0 weapons.

Fishing is standard for any MMO. Oh Wait- in Wow you can click the bobble. Neat.

Capturing villages does have meaning. If you can't figure out the reward for it, than you don't deserve the reward.

Yes, you can buy low and sell high on the market. I'm not into it personally, I know people who are.

Yes, anyone can check my posting history, I did ask for help posting positive things about the game. I feel that there is a small group of people who just want to bash it unfairly on these forums.

I post here because I enjoy the game, and I want other people to enjoy it with me. I still play the game.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Snoepie

you might wanne recheck your sandbox statement lustmord.

Or might wanne lookup what sandbox means in that matter..

Darkfall is all predetermined choices set up in open world.

Classes with x amount skills

prowness gains same as any other quest system

Cities are predetermined locations on the map

housing is the same

i can't think of one sandbox element in this game.. maybe some people think its  a sandox because its open world.. which is up for debat

DF1 was not even sandbox .. except for the fact you where free of choice of that to use in combat aka char building (skillbase system)

Sandbox is a relative term.

One could argue UO was not a sandbox, if it served their agenda.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I hope the game gets a nice influx of players with this price cut, perhaps someday AV will learn to be professional and the game will rebound. I enjoyed the game for what it was, which was open world pvp, with very little to do besides that. The only reason I am not playing today is the combat system is just meh. Archery and spells are a blast, no complaints with those other than the obvious issues with aimbots. The melee combat is supremely lackluster, figure eights bleh. I also abhor the idea of conversion spells, never enjoyed them and feel they are the chief cause of imbalances within the game. As much as I don't enjoy the game now, I feel if the team were to get back on track .... and simply try to run the business with professionalism it would be more of a success.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    For the ones saying MO is a good game....come on man!!!!

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

DF is an empty sandbox with sand castles(safe zones)

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Communication doesn't have any affect on the game's actual enjoyability. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127

As I said A "Better" Open world pvp game. None of the above came close. Hope you had a good thanksgiving.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

They keep try to sell it as sandbox  ????

Its start to gain dimensions of  bait-and-switch tactics asking for courts..

Check all the posts of  few left players that still play this arena deathmatch thingy  in almost every post the main sentence will be "and i was out to find someone for PvP" ..or.."I was riding 20 min till i found someone to PvP"..

Don't let the fanbois lie to you ..this game offers ony 1 playstyle and is just a big arena for duels..because except duelling for epeen there isnt anything else meaningfull to combat for and nothing else in the "sand" is worth and at best mediocre ..

Stay away till they remove the fail features, do away with the themaprk classes and revert everythiong to the DF original vision...(if they been bought up by another company)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

The point of the prowess system is that you can do whatever you want and advance your character. You don't have to sit and grind through each feat one at a time. I have multiple half finished feats that I will eventually finish and get rewards for.

It's a much better system than macroing on a bloodwall with rank 0 weapons.

Fishing is standard for any MMO. Oh Wait- in Wow you can click the bobble. Neat.

Capturing villages does have meaning. If you can't figure out the reward for it, than you don't deserve the reward.

Yes, you can buy low and sell high on the market. I'm not into it personally, I know people who are.

Yes, anyone can check my posting history, I did ask for help posting positive things about the game. I feel that there is a small group of people who just want to bash it unfairly on these forums.

I post here because I enjoy the game, and I want other people to enjoy it with me. I still play the game.

[mod edit]

No. You can't do "whatever you want", cause there are different difficulties to the spawns. So you need to get better, get more prowess (DFUW version of lvls), through different prowess feats (DFUW version of themeparks kill quests). You can't jump on the hardest spawn as a nOOb. You need to "lvl up first". It's just as themeparkish as any themepark out there. You can try to romanticize it as much as you want. It wont change the fact that DFUW is a themepark trying to disguise itself as a sandbox, but failing miserably. 

If you think fishing is like that in every MMO then I feel sorry for you. Look up how fishing works in Mortal ONline, or in FFXIV. Theres ALOT more to it then point and click as in DFUW and WoW. 

Yeah, villages are so popular that every1 screams for changes to make them usefull at DFUW forums. Get real.

You say the game is good. The majority that has played it, me among them, thinks the game, and especially the company behind the game sucks. I can admit that I have had some few fun moments ingame. But that boils down to PVP only. But now you can't even find PVP ingame. So there rly is NO point in playing atm.

This discussion has been closed.