Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street to Leave Blizzard

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In a shocking announcement, Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street has announced that he will be leaving Blizzard Entertainment after six years with the company.  According to the post written on the Battle.net forum, Street is leaving to pursue other options, as yet unnamed.

You know that part at the end of raid night when the final boss is dead and you’re done handing out loot and everyone kind of goes their separate ways? Yeah, this is one of those times.

We just came off of a great BlizzCon. We had so many different games to talk about, and we were thrilled at the reception of Warlords of Draenor. It was great to meet or reconnect with so many of you. I love BlizzCon dearly, which makes it so hard to tell you that this will be my last one, or at least my last one up on stage. An opportunity has come my way, and I have made the very tough decision to move on from Blizzard.

I wanted to thank all of you for being a part of this grand quest. I have said a hundred times that having passionate gamers, including the angry ones, is a far better place to be than having a community that doesn’t care. You all care. Like us, you want the game to be the best that it can be. So I ask you to keep on providing your feedback. I promise (and I rarely promise!) that the developers care very much about what you have to say.

I’ll be out there, and I can’t imagine it will be that hard to find me.

Hugs,

Ghostcrawler

P.S. No, you can’t have a pony. Or a moose. Or a mantis shrimp. Or a tardigrade. Or a crab. Keep trying though.

P.P.S. I play a Holy Priest. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I wonder how this will affect the upcoming expansion.  Either way though, six years is a long time.  He's probably just looking for something new to do.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by observer
    I wonder how this will affect the upcoming expansion.  Either way though, six years is a long time.  He's probably just looking for something new to do.

I come here for drama and hyperbole and the first post in this thread is a reasonable one. HOW DARE YOU SIR! <GLOVE SLAPS>.

• dmasterd20dmasterd20 Member Posts: 2

People freaked when Monte Cook left WotC the second time too.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Wow, I always thought the only way he was leaving Blizzard was with a toe tag.

Would be really interesting to know what brought about his leaving, but I have my doubts we'll ever know the true story.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920
    Christmas came early!

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Myria

Would be really interesting to know what brought about his leaving, but I have my doubts we'll ever know the true story.

You never do unless it's just a train wreck of a person that goes all tabloid. I really doubt GC is leaving on bad terms. He's either unhappy with the direction the game is going or as a creative person really wants something new to work on and maybe even has a new offer somewhere else.

• banadonabanadona Member UncommonPosts: 16
    OMG WOW IS NOW OFFICIALLY DEAD! ^.^
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

The dark circles under his eyes have gotten worse over the years. Maybe he's going back to crustaceans for a while. I hope it's something fun.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Originally posted by Wicoa

I come here for drama and hyperbole and the first post in this thread is a reasonable one. HOW DARE YOU SIR! .

Yeah...like

Originally posted by banadona
    OMG WOW IS NOW OFFICIALLY DEAD! ^.^

that.

• Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Maybe Greg Street will team up with Rich Vogel ... O.o
  • WildscrapperWildscrapper Member Posts: 15
    This means only one thing, leaving a sinking ship, think about it, he knows Titan is not going anywere .wow is a complete joke and he wants to be on a team that have a future, not be in charge of the next swtor. He knows i'm guessing games like star Citizen thats independent is the future.Not games run by investors and suits lf a quick profit.Or maybe he will be in charge of the next STAR WARS MMO  http://kotaku.com/thats-no-moon-thats-a-possible-open-world-star-wars-1472612003

Everyone i talk to is by default a moron so the only valid opinion is mine.joking

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    He is already working for another Co. on other big game, its why he said he was pursuing a "great opportunity for something new and exciting".  Cant say what , but it will be announced soon enough.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    WoW won't be the same without him.  I wish him luck in his future endeavors.
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Its a sad time for wow,true one person isn't supposed to affect a ga right ? Could any then explain to me the reason wow began losing customer about same time Activision imposed one of their a blizzard . no the sad truth one person does make a difference .at Activision : please recall your employee .he's breaking blizzard .
  • HawksterHawkster Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Originally posted by Iceman8235
    WoW won't be the same without him.  I wish him luck in his future endeavors.

Yeah...it can only get better.  He is leaving about....6 years too late.

• Frost_WraithFrost_Wraith Member Posts: 13

Much good news

so excite

wow

Seriously I am quite pleased that he is leaving. 

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Wow, people liked ghostcrawler?

On this forum of all places people actually thought he was good for WoW and Blizzard?

My assumption is he got a nice offer from another company. Regardless of how/why he's leaving I'm happy. I hated his style of communication and I hated most of his design decisions. And I really hated how stubborn he was to react to community input, he would refuse, deny, and put down any claims of current class issues and then turn around a year later and say, "oops, guess we over-nerfed ___" Not to mention Cata and MoP sucked. For every positive thing they brought to the game, they brought two negatives.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Rockinw311
    Maybe Greg Street will team up with Rich Vogel ... O.o

Yeah, that!

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Why is Street leaving WoW? I have no idea what the real reasons are. I am sure some posters here have the inside scoop and will post the "real" reasons.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Why is Street leaving WoW? I have no idea what the real reasons are. I am sure some posters here have the inside scoop and will post the "real" reasons.

I have on very trustworthy sources that he is going to join a street dancing crew.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Jedau
    This means only one thing, leaving a sinking ship, think about it, he knows Titan is not going anywere .wow is a complete joke and he wants to be on a team that have a future, not be in charge of the next swtor. He knows i'm guessing games like star Citizen thats independent is the future.Not games run by investors and suits lf a quick profit.Or maybe he will be in charge of the next STAR WARS MMO  http://kotaku.com/thats-no-moon-thats-a-possible-open-world-star-wars-1472612003

"wow is a complete joke"....and who was at the helm steering this journey into mockery - Greg GhostpopulationCrawler.

cv- headed up Cataclysm, resulting in the biggest single drop in wow population and consistently voted the worst expansion in the history of the game.

Just let me know where he ends up so I can avoid that one.

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Myria

You never do unless it's just a train wreck of a person that goes all tabloid. I really doubt GC is leaving on bad terms. He's either unhappy with the direction the game is going or as a creative person really wants something new to work on and maybe even has a new offer somewhere else.

That would be quite ironic, seeing that its his direction. He is responsible for all major changes the game has taken since the end of Burning Crusade.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by Wicoa

I come here for drama and hyperbole and the first post in this thread is a reasonable one. HOW DARE YOU SIR! .

Give it time. This website never fails to deliver when it comes to hyperbole and drama. 

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    lol, who will everyone blame now for all the Wow problems 8P
  • BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Its not hard to find the " new project" he is already working on people....geez.