Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long will be the CE be on sale for?

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I'd like to buy a copy but Christmas is coming up and all my funds are saving up for the family for that now. I'd like to buy a copy next year after the fallout of that has happened but I don't know how long it'll be on sale for as it's limited. 

Just wish these new consoles weren't coming out because everyone wants Xbox Ones and PS4s :(

Comments

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

They've only made one batch, though it's unknown how many were actually made. They could be sold out tomorrow, or they could be sold out in a few years. Though i'm fairly sure you're safe with waiting a bit, as the people who really wanted one already have it.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I've played Eve for years and my advice is not to buy the CE (and especially not if you are finding things financially difficult).

CCP have designed the CE to ensure that there is no in-game advantage to having it. The only reason for buying it is sentimental value alone. (In other words, if you've played Eve for years - for many hours a day, you know lots of people in-game and you probably know some of the devs on a first-name basis.)

All of the CE in-game stuff can be purchased at Jita using in-game currency (ISK).

In my experience, spending lots of money on a game is counter-productive because you may resent it later on once you get bored of it - and we all get bored of a game at some stage!

Save your money and if you've got spare - spend it on your boyfriend or girlfriend!