Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Fractured Update Now Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has announced the deployment of the latest Guild Wars 2 update. Called "Fractured", the update is primarily focused on fractals with new boss fractals and leaderboards announced. In addition, the Tower of Terrors story arc continues with a new episode.

• Promises Kept

Ellen Kiel, who recently earned a seat on the Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch after a cutthroat campaign, has made good on her promises to her supporters! By sponsoring research in the Fractals of the Mists, Kiel has opened up a momentous event from Tyria’s recent history, the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown, for exploration!

• Inside the Reactor

Head through the Fractals asura gate near Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch (right next to the

Consortium Gift Shop) to meet up with Kiel for a special story instance of the new Thaumanova Reactor Fractal. Experience the explosion of the reactor first-hand and discover its mysteries!

• The Nightmare Continues

The Tower of Nightmares is heading towards its collapse, but the fight isn’t over yet! Join in the fight against the vile Toxic Alliance and destroy the foul structure. Bring it to ruin before its evil spreads any further! Learn more.

Read more about Fractured on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Not live yet.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Fractured player base more like!
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

The player-base is a lot lower since Launch, I was there the very day GW2 launched and GW2 had massive players on almost at all times now GW2 is dead and boring hard to find players to play with I am Max level and what is the point.

What the Developers of GW2 need to do is add things like.

1.) Get rid of crafting restrictions per account.

2.) Allow one character on an account to play all classes would be another great start no need for Alt characters aka character swapping, and a way to level them up without actually grinding it up for example every (X) Number of levels gets you a free level to spend on alt toons, as WvW rewards and so on.

3.) Actual player housing with crafting stations.

4.) Lack of actual character customization for example GW1 you had many skills to choose from for PVP GW2 its fixed per weapon.

The game has so much potential but A-Net wastes their time on useless development and events that are completely pointless just my opinion of course, but that time would better be spent adding new content and better game-play.

Something that if ESO has it will bring a lot of players to the game.

...Don't get me wrong I still play GW2, just not much at all.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Playerbase hasnt gone anywhere, they simply enjoy the benefits of subscription free offer and take their time doing something else, and come back to check out new stuff anet does.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by ichihaifu
    Playerbase hasnt gone anywhere, they simply enjoy the benefits of subscription free offer and take their time doing something else, and come back to check out new stuff anet does.

What? If they're gone they're gone. You can't use that excuse. If it was a subscription game they'd be down subscriptions. Pretty funny logic though.

Smile