Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the feature you're most interested/excited in?

MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Star Citizen has been accused of feature-creep, a sensible concern with kickstarter/crowdfunded projects (see Double Fine!).

But Chris Roberts has responded breezily, shooting down those concerns with comparative calm. So out of this space equivalent of a cornucopia of features, what are YOU most engaged by at this moment in time in the game's early development?

For me, I'd say the ability for ships to have crew performing different functions on-board. I honestly think there's a bright future (lol numbers!) of spaceship controlled by a co-op team of 5 or more and the "invite a friend" to man a turret is very cool step in this direction.

Comments

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

For me it is enough that we are talking about a space game here. Seriously.

I am all into Space / SciFi / Steampunk and all of those really don't get alot of love. But hey, we have like 8723491234876 Elf-Dwarf-Fantasy clones to compensate ;-)

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

Originally posted by MumboJumbo Star Citizen has been accused of feature-creep, a sensible concern with kickstarter/crowdfunded projects (see Double Fine!). But Chris Roberts has responded breezily, shooting down those concerns with comparative calm. So out of this space equivalent of a cornucopia of features, what are YOU most engaged by at this moment in time in the game's early development? For me, I'd say the ability for ships to have crew performing different functions on-board. I honestly think there's a bright future (lol numbers!) of spaceship controlled by a co-op team of 5 or more and the "invite a friend" to man a turret is very cool step in this direction.

I think there are more scenarios that can be done with a crew. Eve's one pilot per ship design is limited in giving u a space experience based around that design. I loved multi crew ships in SWGJTL.

But my favorite thing about the game is the attention to the flight engine. Now add things you find in other mmo games like raids and loot and pvp and well it's my dream come true.

Plus SC has very complete ship designs inside and out. Attention to detail on ship models that the SC team has achieved gives me a chance to satisfy my lust for space ships.

I love the lack of lvls too. LVLing segregates the population and the lvl system is abused all to often to extend game subs at the expense of fun. Why do I need someone to tell me how much experience need to fly a space ship anyway. You will never learn unless you try after all.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Freedom...

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

First of all, that it is a space sim with lots of freedom and consequences of your action, with a permanent universe. In game it would be Exploration and Salviging.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• CorvenDallasCorvenDallas Member UncommonPosts: 41

The fact is not only "im every single second of my life in this ship" feature, as you can walk around stations, and even combat.

Eve Online miss a great chance of getting close with Incarna failure.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I paid 185 dollars just to pew pew in space  :)  

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SartoriussSartoriuss Member UncommonPosts: 30

I am interested in a Persistent Universe. With many different planets (occupied and not), with many different firmaments over them.

And yes, Exploration, i hope this would become really big part of the game.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

It´s launch

It will be epic... One way or the other, it will be epic.

And since i have invested exactly 0$ in it i think a armaggedon launch would have so much more value entertainment wise, but i am not petty so i wish everyone the best of luck.

This have been a good conversation

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Star Citizen has been accused of feature-creep

only by "trolls" who don´t have a clue and like to spread negativity, to be honest.

Everything that has been revealed was planned from the start, the only change is they didn´t need to get the additional funds from investors and managed to get it from the crowd

I´m most excited about the hardcore nature of the game, permadeath, realistic sandbox PVALL environment equality of NPC and players. Eve with cockpits, great story and joysticks finally

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Star Citizen has been accused of feature-creep, a sensible concern with kickstarter/crowdfunded projects (see Double Fine!).

But Chris Roberts has responded breezily, shooting down those concerns with comparative calm. So out of this space equivalent of a cornucopia of features, what are YOU most engaged by at this moment in time in the game's early development?

For me, I'd say the ability for ships to have crew performing different functions on-board. I honestly think there's a bright future (lol numbers!) of spaceship controlled by a co-op team of 5 or more and the "invite a friend" to man a turret is very cool step in this direction.

A realistic space combat sim , with drift and gravitational effects or lack of. If they get space combat right the rest falls into place nicely. They fail, the game fails. Plain and simple.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Landing on different planets, some of which look amazing, and exploring stations with Oculus Rift on.

Also space exploration ofc

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I am most interested in seeing the game one month after launch.
  • BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Freedom...

Bren

For some reason when I read that, I just pictured Mel Gibson from Braveheart.

O_o o_O

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Player run servers...
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245

All of it.

But the thing that sold me was when he basicly said "F*** your console and F*** your mid range PC. I'm going to melt your top of the line gaming PC."  I love that! Bring it on, if I have to add a second Titan so be it!

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Pretty much all of it sounds great. I'm most looking forward to exploration while wearing the oculus.