Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Report: Starvault losses up 30% in Q3..

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

OMG it actually said "if you are taking the time to read this, you already have an idea of what is coming next."

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    I don't think i actually remember ever seeing positive news about this game.
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

OMG it actually said "if you are taking the time to read this, you already have an idea of what is coming next."

I don't see the significance of that. The article is written by a blogger who said that a bit of tounge in cheek. However I find it funny they keep mentioning increase of forum members.. 

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

That is tongue in cheek. I generally open financial articles with the same line and after a month of looking through statistics, graphs, and compiling information into a few bite-size paragraphs, I'm fed up with them for another quarter. Star Vault's is a nice way to end the month because it's short and doesn't sway from the previous quarter much.

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67

I have analyzed report and concluded that they were able to have a yearly rise in sales. Although sales have dropped compared to Q2/2013, analysis is made by comparing same quarters between current and previous year and by comparing whole periods between current and previous year. This is done because sale amount depends upon specific season.

SV made rise in sales compared to Q3/2012 and compared Q1-Q3/2012. Rise compared to Q3/2012 is exactly 9%, Q1-Q3 period rise is 2,26%. 

Profit drop is due to increased development investment that is visible inside of report, SV announced that they have ordered of building new game continent and probably they are building up other systems due to Steam release preparation.

Still, IMO, period increase is not significant, but quarterly increase in sales could indicate a positive turn, after years of decline.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

http://mmofallout.com/star-vault-q3-2013-finances/

When has SV not lost money?

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by parrotpholk
    They have always had loss.  No matter if you like the game or not it does seem insane to continue to keep this business venture moving forward.  There is a point when you should cut your losses and let it go.  This is that time but the folks running the game are not smart enough to see that it appears.

Nice to see that you know more about what SV can and can't do. Don't you think it would have ended if they couldn't run it? They are a small crew of 3-4 devs. So they don't need millions to keep the game alive. The stock has gone up serveral hundred % last month alone. And they have a steam release coming soon as well. So they are pretty far from shutting down. People have said it will crash and burn since launch, but it's still alive and kicking. But ofc SV aims higher, and people will keep on saying it must shut down, but they will keep it alive as long as they can. And I guess it will be many years til that happens. If it ever happens.

They have always had loss.  No matter if you like the game or not it does seem insane to continue to keep this business venture moving forward.  There is a point when you should cut your losses and let it go.  This is that time but the folks running the game are not smart enough to see that it appears.

Its nothing but a tax shelter in my opinion,  SV has been loosing money since release.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Norpan

Nice to see that you know more about what SV can and can't do. Don't you think it would have ended if they couldn't run it? They are a small crew of 3-4 devs. So they don't need millions to keep the game alive. The stock has gone up serveral hundred % last month alone. And they have a steam release coming soon as well. So they are pretty far from shutting down. People have said it will crash and burn since launch, but it's still alive and kicking. But ofc SV aims higher, and people will keep on saying it must shut down, but they will keep it alive as long as they can. And I guess it will be many years til that happens. If it ever happens.

Issuing more and more shares is an easy fix but it doesn't change the fact that the company hasn't made a profit through an actual service in three years.

Originally posted by Omali
    Originally posted by Norpan

Issuing more and more shares is an easy fix but it doesn't change the fact that the company hasn't made a profit through an actual service in three years.

Many of the fans don't seem to understand the whole stock thing.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

That is true. It is also true that SV has been pumping all possible funds towards the further development of the game for the entire time it has been out. They are working hard to improve it and eventually become successful. Will they succeed? Who knows... It isn't easy being an indie game developer.

Originally posted by Anubisan

It isn't easy being an indie game developer.

That really depends on your product doesn't it?