Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you that are tired of your traditional mmo (WoW, RIFT, Age of Conan, Tera, etc)

13»

Comments

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by eHug
    Originally posted by tristanryan
    Too many cheaters/bots/hacks for my tastes.

There are no bots and no hacks. There's a aim bot/radar combo where the aim bot is being disabled because it is getting the users banned. The radar got detected in multiple ban waves lately.

Is it possible that you don't really know what you are talking about?

They detected one cheat app so far out of dozens. The app in question made a few changes, and AV has been unable to detect it since. The private cheats supplied to a certain REALLY GOOD clan have not been detected at all so far. Everyone knows they cheat, and people have even been told not to fight them in the open or in the water because they never miss. Yet AV has done nothing to them. Tasos even made some of their members part of the MVP forums. How is that not a slap in the face to all of us that play legit?

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by MrBoots
    Originally posted by eHug
    Originally posted by tristanryan
    Too many cheaters/bots/hacks for my tastes.

There are no bots and no hacks. There's a aim bot/radar combo where the aim bot is being disabled because it is getting the users banned. The radar got detected in multiple ban waves lately.

Is it possible that you don't really know what you are talking about?

They detected one cheat app so far out of dozens. The app in question made a few changes, and AV has been unable to detect it since. The private cheats supplied to a certain REALLY GOOD clan have not been detected at all so far. Everyone knows they cheat, and people have even been told not to fight them in the open or in the water because they never miss. Yet AV has done nothing to them. Tasos even made some of their members part of the MVP forums. How is that not a slap in the face to all of us that play legit?

Okay, I just checked 8 cheating forums and they all only knew a single cheating application, the one that I mentioned. I also googled for the obvious terms and found nothing on the first pages. If there are dozens of cheating apps why is it so hard to find a second one? Ha*s, Nin*a, etc developers they all stopped offering their tools, so you can't be talking about those.

As for the small changes: Yes, that's how it's always working. As you can read on the forum there were several ban waves lately. Why? Because defending against cheaters is always a war of attrition. AV adds detection, cheat developers protect themselves, AV adds... and so on. At some point either the cheat developers give up because they don't sell enough to make it worth the effort. Or AV gives up because it binds too many resources. So far mostly cheat developers seem to have given up.

As for the really good clan with a private hack that is not being offered in public, that's something I can't validate. But in the 3 months that I play the title now I didn't once have the feeling that some hacker owned me except for a few cases where I think they were using radar. I didn't meet people that never missed anything by the way. Maybe you play on NA? I am an EU player, so don't really know what's happening on NA servers.

LFG!
  • DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Reply to OP djdeevw,

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried this some time ago and had to uninstall it as it was pretty awful.

I also don't feel like finding a good script program and writing my own scripts just to compete with the PKers that use them already.

City of Steam: Arkadia releases next week on Dec. 4th as they just annouced it and looks real interesting: 

http://www.cityofsteam.com/

For those that are in the same boat as me in the middle of game limbo with nothing really to play, searching all the time just for something then CoC:Arkadia might help.

Also Dog's of War should be releasing soon and looks like it might be a cool game to try out. Other than that the gaming scene has been like a morgue. If anyone else can add to a list of soon-to-be released games to try out to fill the void please do.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Ok this thread is so misleading and a desperate attempt by a DFUW player or AV employee, I am not going to rage but I am going to tell the truth about his lies within the bullet points.

-Sandbox

This game is not a sandbox, there is no content and the only thing a player create on their own is a pvp fight, which is next to impossible to find now because no one bothers playing anymore.  Everything in the world is preset, nothing is unique...it is not a sandbox it is a giant pvp arena.

- Huge world

The map is pretty big but the would take 2-3 hours to run from corner to corner is a lie, it takes less than an hour, and the current map is actually smaller than what Darkfall 1 map was.

- In Depth crafting sytem

Comparted to what? The crafting system is very basic, take iteam A, combine it with Items B and C and get Item D....nothing new, its better than the original DF system but its hardly comparable to good crafting systems out there like Eve, Xyson, Wurm etc, even FFXIV has a much better crafting system.

-Naval Warfare/Sieges

Yes game does have this and the Naval battle function decently most of the time unless too many players show up to a sea tower, then just like the siege performance you get massive lag, some do not...many do.

-Non Level system

The prowess system is a glorified level system, instead of going to an NPC and receiving a quest to go kill 20 rats, you have a preset FEAT that tells you to go kill, 20, 60 and 150 or more of a certain mob to earn prowess, which in turn increases your skill (LVL).  I do not mind the system but the PVE is so bad in this game its not worth playing.

-Box fee and Sub

This game is incomplete, it is a beta and everyone knows it, they are asking for more than most AAA themepark games are asking for and topping it with a $15 sub fee, the game is not worth any more than FREE with a sub fee of maybe $10-12 a month.  

Basically what I am trying to say is that this game is a massive failure on every level, it is a dead game, the pve is terrible, there is nothing to do, it is maybe 60% complete at best, terrible community of MMO ego brats, too costly for what it is, too much of a timesink to get to a viable pvp level and the game is full of limitations unlike the original DF.

Dont bother with this game is bad.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Tissmogi

I am not sure if this is still true but I was reading they only have a few hundred players left and have to leave their offices because they are out of money. 

If that is the case, why promote this game when it is on it's last breath. Especially since its subscription based.

Can someone comment on this?

PS: They are taken over by InternetQ i was reading too. So much vague information out there.

PSS: OP joined today with 1 post to promote the game. Think of that what you want.

If a game you really like s falling on hard times..isn't that even more of a reason to promote a game? Especially when its an indie developer and  many people crying "foul" can't just simply admit that, just because it's not the game for them, doesn't mean it's not good overall or , at the least,  a good game  for someone other than them.

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by Salenger

Dont bother with this game is bad.

QFT

Darkfall has had its time and Aventurine has more than had theirs.

Hopefully another game will take its place.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    The first couple of posts hilariously sound like paid shills...

You make me like charity

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by BarCrow
    Originally posted by Tissmogi

I am not sure if this is still true but I was reading they only have a few hundred players left and have to leave their offices because they are out of money. 

If that is the case, why promote this game when it is on it's last breath. Especially since its subscription based.

Can someone comment on this?

PS: They are taken over by InternetQ i was reading too. So much vague information out there.

PSS: OP joined today with 1 post to promote the game. Think of that what you want.

If a game you really like s falling on hard times..isn't that even more of a reason to promote a game? Especially when its an indie developer and  many people crying "foul" can't just simply admit that, just because it's not the game for them, doesn't mean it's not good overall or , at the least,  a good game  for someone other than them.

It's hard to support an indie company that hardly shares anything with the community. When they do finally share something it's usually packed with lies, impersonal, and vague. In other words it feels fake as hell.