Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you that are tired of your traditional mmo (WoW, RIFT, Age of Conan, Tera, etc)

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

OP the only problem is you forgot to mention this game is dying and managed by one of the worst developers ever. Communication is almost non-existant, and what they do put out is total BS. Also no refunds as they no exactly how bad the game is.

Yeah I know you need fresh meat to gank, but painting a turd gold doesn't change that it is a turd

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by rastapastor

Im wondering, why developers of the games like Darkfall put monthly fee into their game and have barely 20-30k subscribers? Wouldn't it be better to make this game b2p or f2p? I know that many of us are against f2p formula, but we have to admit that games like Darkfall are niche and making game more accesible (from bussiness point of view, not difficulty) could heal this game a lot and give developers money to fix and further develope the game.

20 - 30k? You are being too generous my friend. Darkfall would be lucky to have 2-3k paying subscriptions at this point.

• TruthlightingTruthlighting Member Posts: 6

This game has easily has the most toxic players/community I have ever encountered, and I've played quite a few, to say the least. The toxicity is not going away because the developers are the exact same way.

I won't even get into how much the developers are liars and cheats. I'll just say that, among many many other things about the game, I had to file a complaint with my credit card company just to close the account and cancel payment because they refused to close the account! This is even after informing them that I hadn't played in 6 months despite having already paid for those 6 months. Of course, at that point they folded and closed the account because they're cowards too. 

I recommend anyone that doesn't like toxicity or a bad development company to stay away.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

"-in depth crafting system

-sandbox mmo"

Wow.  They advertaise with these claims ?

The crafting system is the most shallow i have ever experienced in a game bec ause I am the one who prefer sandbox and player driven games and DF:UW is everything but a sandbox with "In depth" crafting system.

These both bold claims by OP can only get a ROFLMAO from any serious player who don't lie without shame.

Don't need to leave WoW, RIFT, AoC, Tera  etc. for sandbox or crafting, DF :UW is in terms of crafting or sandbox not much better or different then those..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I think the game is great...although unfinished. If you can find a good clan the game can be great fun and unlike any other MMO. Thereiisn't a better mmo world other than maybe Vanguard. Crafting matters and travel/location matters. I like the grind...it's not eq1 crazy grind but just right imo.

Just having a clan open world town is great compared to the rest of the no freedom hand holding games out there. I didn't play df1 andI likely wouldnt enjoy this version as much if I had, as there are some missing features. But new players to df really shouldn't care about df1, it will not affect you enjoyment of this version. I really don't undrrstand the amount of hate this game receives...maybe everyone isn't as tired of linear themeparks as they claim to be.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    To players looking to try the game my advice is to wait for it to be free. I personally did not find the game worth it even if it was free but to each their own.
  • kraizykraizy Member UncommonPosts: 52
    op can try even to let ban me doesnt makes the game any better and i dont care also not,so keep trying to get more people into the obvious Aventurine trap for maybe some %? BTw iam trolling!
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

they should make it free to play then ill play it.

the game is over prised and was not finished.

I am not going to pay full price with a sub. and the game has bugs -please.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by boris20
    To players looking to try the game my advice is to wait for it to be free. I personally did not find the game worth it even if it was free but to each their own.

Why would it go free? It's been a subscription only game for four years.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

That never stopped DDO or LOTRO or any other sub game that switched. I'm not saying it's a good idea or that it would wok for darkfall ( it would probably be the final nail ) but that's no reason why they couldn't do it anyway.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

That never stopped DDO or LOTRO or any other sub game that switched. I'm not saying it's a good idea or that it would wok for darkfall ( it would probably be the final nail ) but that's no reason why they couldn't do it anyway.

With those games there was a lot of reason TO go FTP.

DDO was a 100% dead game with no development on it, and barely any players, perfect to experiment with FTP on it. LotRO was the sick man of Europe, barely clinging to relavence, saved from its uninspired gameplay only by its IP, of course it would go FTP once DDO revived.

Darkfall though has more or less been at the same even keel for 4 years (though there was a huge spike in population after UW came out, and it has dwindled down since then, but still higher than DF1.)

Just saying, you might be waiting for a bit. More reasonable to wait for a free trial.

• ZutchZutch Member UncommonPosts: 62
    i really wanted to try the game...but without free trial ...i cannot buy it first ,, made this mistake twice with GW2 and FFXIV  , not gonna do it for 3rd timer ...though i am interested in the game  but oh well , guess i have to wait till it goes f2p
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

As someone who did try the game out, I think you pointed out some of the positives OP.

The problem is there are so many negatives you didn't point out, that outweigh the positives. The game is dead and there are only a handful of devoted people left playing. Why mislead people to try the game out when you gotta know it's dreadful.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

and remember to check ourt ever  jane too

lol

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

-full loot pvp

-vast world that would take 2 to 3 hours to run from coast to coast, another lie, can run from one to another in 30 minutes at most.

-naval warfare/sieges

-in depth crafting system, so craftin gthe same item over and over is in depth, come on get a grip, its very basic.

-sandbox mmo = this is not a sandbox game, there is still so much sand missing unreal. DFUW big map for pvp.

-subscription based $35 to purchase game $15 a month

-non level system that focuses on completing tasks to gain "prowess" to use to increase skills = worse grind than DF1

I played DF1 for years, I played this new version for a few month. Its DF1 with noob classes and a lot of the content removed.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    I'll stick with Age Of Wulin for my PVP kicks although DFUHW is okay.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Thane

and remember to check ourt ever  jane too

lol

That's a total different kind of mmo, and can't be compared to a pvp mmo like DFUW.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• yuri330yuri330 Member UncommonPosts: 25

There are 3 reasons why I don't wanna play Darkfall.

1. I absolutely hate how the skill system works, having to select the skill and then left or right click to activate it is counter intuitive and I find it very awkward to keep track of cooldowns, I would much rather prefer having a skill bar or to at least be able to visually see the keybinds and cooldown of my skills at all time on my UI.

2. The fact that you move slower when strafing makes it very weird to play and enforces tactics like Chicken Running which to me is just boring and unattractive to do.

3. The severe lack of player makes world pvp almost non-existent and most fights happen in massive zergs which is one of the main reason why I absolutely hate Warhammer Online or GW2's WvW, I like 1v1s or small skirmishes.

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    OP is totally not a viral marketer and should be taken seriously!

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Caaahl

I think people "think" they hate the game when in reality  it's more about hating how Aventurine treats them.

I for one never liked any other mmo with pvp as much as df, but i hate the fact that AV acts the way they act. If i didnt know them and their promises for years now i would say "the game is ok fun but lacking a lot of content, but the devs will sure fix it, because they said so." But with knowing Aventurine... (see my signature link for examples).

^ Amen to this... The best thing that could happen to DFUW is that it's sold to some1 that cares about it's players and actually communicate with them, and not get caught in a web of lies like AV does better then any other company.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by tristanryan
    Too many cheaters/bots/hacks for my tastes.

There are no bots and no hacks. There's a aim bot/radar combo where the aim bot is being disabled because it is getting the users banned. The radar got detected in multiple ban waves lately.

Is it possible that you don't really know what you are talking about?

LFG!
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Looks like I might have enjoyed it back in 2004.

Doubt this is something many people are picking up almost 10 years later.

• mirimkomirimko Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by djdeevw

Fellow MMO's I've been playing MMO's for the past 18 years starting out with Sierra's The Realm, moving on to Ultima Online, then EQ, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings, Age of Conan, Rift, Tera etc. I have been reading a lot of the forums in which players are tired of what is currently out in the MMO community and looking for a game that is a bit more refreshing.

Let me rewind, does anyone remember the days of UO when you would get that rush when pvping or knowing you could die at any moment exploring a vast world that seemed seamless? Do you remember EQ and the large amounts of grind that it required to level up or get that specific weapon you were looking for?

Well I have a suggestion for you that has not been really mentioned on the forums. Darkfall Unholy Wars. The game has been out for a bit over 6 months now and even though it's developer AV at times lacks updated content and communication to its community things are starting to get a bit better. The game is definitely a grind and is full loot pvp however it is an open world sandbox with a huge (perhaps the largest) world to explore. I would definitely recommend it as I have only played it for 2 months now and I am addicted as can be. I have outlined some of the key attributes to the game:

-full loot pvp

-vast world that would take 2 to 3 hours to run from coast to coast

-naval warfare/sieges

-in depth crafting system

-sandbox mmo

-subscription based $35 to purchase game $15 a month

-non level system that focuses on completing tasks to gain "prowess" to use to increase skills

REVIEWS: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/875/view/reviews/load/269/A-Tough-But-Rewarding-Nut-to-Crack.html

VIDEOS: http://www.darkfallonline.com/media/videos

Are u an Aventurine dev?

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

I keep seeing people raving about how great this game is so I decided about a month ago to buy it and give it a go so after downloading it and getting into the game I was able to get past the graphics being similar to Morrowind. So I started out was not really sure what to do but figured out I had to complete task/achievements to get a resource to put into skill so I spent some time killing some bears and farming mats I think I'd been online for about 2 hours before I realised I have not seen a single other person. Yes I had seen a couple of people talking in chat and for about last hour had watched two idiots duke it out in chat not sure what the were arguing about to start with but was in the realms of stupidity now.

So I decided It was time to spread my wings have a explore and run around was a bit nervous when I crossed that safe zone line for the first time was expecting to get ganked the second I crossed the line I shouldn't have worried though because I spent about a hour exploring and still did not see another person.

Over the next few days I logged on maybe 3 more times a couple hours each time before I decided it was probably the most boring game ive had the pleasure of trying and well I removed it from my computer and have not given it another thought till I seen this post.

Oh for anyone wondering I seen two other people in the time I played which was when I went back to the city I started in they were stood together I ran passed and they followed me for a little time I thought it was because they were waiting for a chance to gank me but on thinking more about it they were probably so shocked to see another person in there town they were following me to make sure they actually seen me and it wasn't some sort of glitch.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by Swids2010

I keep seeing people raving about how great this game is so I decided about a month ago to buy it and give it a go so after downloading it and getting into the game I was able to get past the graphics being similar to Morrowind. So I started out was not really sure what to do but figured out I had to complete task/achievements to get a resource to put into skill so I spent some time killing some bears and farming mats I think I'd been online for about 2 hours before I realised I have not seen a single other person. Yes I had seen a couple of people talking in chat and for about last hour had watched two idiots duke it out in chat not sure what the were arguing about to start with but was in the realms of stupidity now.

So I decided It was time to spread my wings have a explore and run around was a bit nervous when I crossed that safe zone line for the first time was expecting to get ganked the second I crossed the line I shouldn't have worried though because I spent about a hour exploring and still did not see another person.

Over the next few days I logged on maybe 3 more times a couple hours each time before I decided it was probably the most boring game ive had the pleasure of trying and well I removed it from my computer and have not given it another thought till I seen this post.

Oh for anyone wondering I seen two other people in the time I played which was when I went back to the city I started in they were stood together I ran passed and they followed me for a little time I thought it was because they were waiting for a chance to gank me but on thinking more about it they were probably so shocked to see another person in there town they were following me to make sure they actually seen me and it wasn't some sort of glitch.

I wish I could have warned you. That money could have been spent on a better game with devs that care.

If you are on the fence about buying darkfall, pay attention to this guy's story. It's not a lie.