Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: If ESO costs $15/month, will you play it?

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    If it's like all the MMO'S we had in the past few years i guess i would only play the first month.  If it's fun i'd pay 30$ a month.
  • pbernard1985pbernard1985 Member Posts: 20
    Where is the option for "I wouldn't play this game even if it was free because the beta was insanely boring" ?
  • killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

i for one, herald the demise of the free to play model, due to the fact it overwhelmingly attracts cheapskates, degenerates, and  the less tolerable people that inhabit the internet.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Doesn't have to be sandboxy to have depth you know. Most people who played WoW for any significant time spent atleast 4 years on it. WoW wasn't a sandbox.

That's because the majority of people see MMOs as a way to kill mobs with friends, not engaging experiences. They are casual players and feel accomplished when completing raids. 

WoW is the reason why MMOs haven't evolved and are nothing more than PvE co-op with gear grind treadmills games with tacked on PvP.  WoW is garbage. Its nothing but regurgetated crap every expansion. 

Dear god, you're rather ignorant aren't you? There are a lot of engaging experiences in WoW and other themepark MMO. Atleast back in pre-WotLK. Getting your first mount, clearing your first raid, forming your first guild, getting backstabbed by a rogue in open world PvP but still managing to defeat him against all odds.

If sandboxes were the greatest toy ever invented, themeparks wouldn't exist. People can create their own adventure in themepark MMO's the same way you could in a Sandbox MMO. The only real difference between sandbox and themepark is that themepark has a path already set for you. Whether you choose to follow it or go and have fun on your own is up to you.

I wouldn't play WoW again, but I wouldn't say that the PvP is tacked on. Nor is the PvE just kill mobs with your friends. Albeit, it's not a great system and it bores me to death even thinking about it, but back when WoW came out it was pretty much great.

But I'm guessing you're some elitist EVE PvP:er who believes that the only enjoyable thing in MMO's is to "pwn noobs" and "be leet" or something silly like that. But hey, I guess that's why EVE hasn't evolved at all since it came out. The devs gave you the tools and you could do what you wanted with them. Personally I enjoy spending an hour or two in a themepark rather than spending eight hours in a sandbox trying to build a castle and having it smashed by some "überleet" player like yourself.

EDIT: Woops, sorry. You don't play EVE. Should have read your signature.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    After what I saw in beta they better pay me to play this disaster. 
  • cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    after playing this game since friday ill wait till it goes ftp.  not a bad game just not worth a sub
  • nateslonateslo Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Yes, will preorder. Beta was a blast. Sad it's ending. 
  • DaxxanDaxxan Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I will give this one a pass or now
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    If sub doesn't work out I really hope it goes B2P.
  • muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171

That's because the majority of people see MMOs as a way to kill mobs with friends, not engaging experiences. They are casual players and feel accomplished when completing raids. 

WoW is the reason why MMOs haven't evolved and are nothing more than PvE co-op with gear grind treadmills games with tacked on PvP.  WoW is garbage. Its nothing but regurgetated crap every expansion. 

Absolutely, the reason that every other sub game - with the exceptions of Eve and FF Xiv - have gone F2P, and WoW is still raking in the money, is because WoW is "garbage."

Yes, it must be complete and utter garbage, for it to remain on top of the MMO mountain for nigh on a decade now.

Because only a game that is "garbage" and doesn't provide any sort of engaging experiences could possibly maintain a player base that is millions strong, for years on end, while watching nearly all of its competition fail.

It must be quite a miserable experience, to be as bitter as you are.  I don't know what game you play but it is readily apparent that WoW has many times the players your game does, and that you just can't stand it.  Blind fanbois are truly hilarious, and you are no different.

And oh, by the way: no, I don't play WoW.  But I most certainly am not stupid enough to make foolish comments like yours against it.

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• U-TurnU-Turn Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Originally posted by nateslo
    Yes, will preorder. Beta was a blast. Sad it's ending. 

In what way, shape, or form was it a "blast"?  Did you mean "needs to be blasted"?

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    After what I saw in beta they better pay me to play this disaster. 

i highly doubt you were in beta, and are just another antifanboy, sorry.

i am in the beta, and without a doubt, its not a disaster by any stretch.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by muppetpilot

Absolutely, the reason that every other sub game - with the exceptions of Eve and FF Xiv - have gone F2P, and WoW is still raking in the money, is because WoW is "garbage."

Yes, it must be complete and utter garbage, for it to remain on top of the MMO mountain for nigh on a decade now.

Because only a game that is "garbage" and doesn't provide any sort of engaging experiences could possibly maintain a player base that is millions strong, for years on end, while watching nearly all of its competition fail.

It must be quite a miserable experience, to be as bitter as you are.  I don't know what game you play but it is readily apparent that WoW has many times the players your game does, and that you just can't stand it.  Blind fanbois are truly hilarious, and you are no different.

And oh, by the way: no, I don't play WoW.  But I most certainly am not stupid enough to make foolish comments like yours against it.

FFXIV is a themepark games as well. There's a reason why all game BUT WoW have failed trying to copy WoW. WoW was at the right place at the right time with the IP and fixes that would make ANY MMO with that kind of IP history a success. If the Harry Potter MMO was released it would have been HUGE as well. 

I say WoW is garbage because its success has caused nothing but clones that aren't new, innovating in any way. Its only still successful because it came out first and kept up content updates. Its why GW2 still has over a million people actively playing it. They develop content for people to consume at an alarming rate. But that content is the same content with diffrent story and skin that has been in MMOs SINCE WoW. I can't STAND gear grind treadmill games. They are pointless. 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2634-World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Eh I will buy it at launch.  Even if it bombs as a long term MMO like SWTOR did, I am sure I will get my moneys worth over a month or two.

Where I live its the same price as going out for a meal, hardly a big investment worth me debating over.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    As a person who had absolutely 0 expectations going into beta and thought this game would blow donkey weiner, I'm going to end up buying it. I'm that impressed, and this is coming from a very jaded GW1 veteran who has sworn off MMOs.

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    being a tester for it all i have to say is i will definitely be pre-ordering and subbing.
  • raiders95raiders95 Member Posts: 19

I will buy it and see how good the game is for sure.

I don't believe on FTP games as if you compare to a sub you're having far less.

GW2 is not F2P as first oyu have to buy the right to download the game, then your account inventory is so small that you quickly buy more etc.

Take neverwinter, everything is far too expensive compare to what you can have in a MMo with a sub and the community is really bad ! I stopped playing it as all tier 2 dungeon where done by people who used glitches/bugs to complete tier 2 dungeons, refuse or quit group if someone refuse to use them etc.

So if a monthly sub can keep away such bad community and all others F2P rip off feelings, yes , I'll pay with pleasure !

• MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Yes, I'm buying. It's such an easy decision for me after seeing how the beta is moving along at this stage. It's optimized very well for having such high-end graphics, too. 
  • funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     I wouldn't pay to play, I wouldn't play ftp either sadly.  They got a few months till release, but I doubt there is anything they can do to make the game appealing.
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    A regular sub would encourage me to play it even more. I would rather pay for a service that provides me with a full world than pay individually for parts of the world that make it full. $15 a month is more than fair for a well-maintained service.
  • CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    I have to say I am very surprised about the results of this poll.  Based on all feedback I'll be shocked if this game is a success.  I am expecting a crash and burn and will avoid it.
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Manolios

not pre-ordering anymore. not paying anything anymore,  until at least  a month goes by and see the current state of the game. after that i can hold a monthly fee, if i think that the game deserves it.

enough with milking cows. at least for me :)

amen bro :)

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by MysteryB

Make NO mistake this game WILL be $15/month, it is to high dollar of an MMO to be free, I said the same thing about DC Universe and SWTOR before they announced their pay models and everyone was like "NO THEY WILL BE FREE YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING" and I was right. 

Though they are both free to play now that is because the games didnt meet expectations, assuming this one is near as good as we all hope it is it will be a subscription based game.

yeah, they all start with a sub......after months they will go F2P anyways, just like the rest.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

For a game where we are forced to use a console control scheme on the PC(as in only a few buttons/active abilities) i don`t think a lot of people will pay 15$/month.

I will wait to get into beta before i make a decision, i like the ability to block on Mouse2 but the other parts of the game must be cool too. I mean animations, the feel of the game - like in skyrim where you FEEL you hit him - and so on.

Overall, games are cheap and if leveling up is fun i might just buy it and just level up/have fun a bit then stop playing.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Cryptor
    I have to say I am very surprised about the results of this poll.  Based on all feedback I'll be shocked if this game is a success.  I am expecting a crash and burn and will avoid it.

Buying at release doesn't mean you will keep paying months after months. Take SWTOR for example, the beta testers had a high "will buy" survey rate, but most left the game after 3 months (me included). I will buy ESO, if I keep playing past the first month or two really depends on what ZOS is delivering in the end.

As for the feedback, that is tricky. ESO has a great divide between what I would call the TESers and the MMOers. You get negative feedbacks from both side for totally different reasons: MMOers wants the game to be more of a generic MMO, the TESers wish for a more TES-like experience. Both side are totally opposed to each others ideas. One of these two sides will be a sad panda at release, ZOS can't please both.