Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: If ESO costs $15/month, will you play it?

Comments

• skyline385skyline385 BangalorePosts: 564Member
    After playing the beta this weekend, Nope.

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Yes, absolutely. I am part of the beta this weekend.
  • U-TurnU-Turn Washington, DCPosts: 164Member
    It will go free to play in about 3 months after release.  Game just sucks.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Phoenix, AZPosts: 958Member Uncommon
    Im enjoying the beta and i would pay a sub, i think its a well made game(for what ive played).

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• RenoakuRenoaku Posts: 1,005Member Uncommon

http://elderscrollsonline.info/news/free-to-play-or-subscription

From what I hear it is going to be Pay 2 Play, I will actually buy the game if they provide housing, & Freedom to customize character whenever you like as well a the ability to learn all crafts in the game sand-box based I will buy the game/subscribe.

Otherwise I likely will skip over it I am waiting for official news on the Q&A to find these out as I sent in my questions ot them in email but no answer yet on the Q&A Releases.

• xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INPosts: 3,311Member

If you like themepark MMOs and jump from game to game you'll like ESO. If you were expecting a sandbox, then no its not for you. Its really that simple as there doesn't appear to be anything fundementally different from this game compared to the other themepark games on the market. 

I still plan on playing it because I play all major titles and I feel it could be fun if I play the PvE side largely solo for the story (which is decent)

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• asrlohzasrlohz UddevallaPosts: 645Member
    Doesn't have to be sandboxy to have depth you know. Most people who played WoW for any significant time spent atleast 4 years on it. WoW wasn't a sandbox.

Originally posted by asrlohz
    Doesn't have to be sandboxy to have depth you know. Most people who played WoW for any significant time spent atleast 4 years on it. WoW wasn't a sandbox.

That's because the majority of people see MMOs as a way to kill mobs with friends, not engaging experiences. They are casual players and feel accomplished when completing raids. 

WoW is the reason why MMOs haven't evolved and are nothing more than PvE co-op with gear grind treadmills games with tacked on PvP.  WoW is garbage. Its nothing but regurgetated crap every expansion. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Dorval, QCPosts: 869Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by xpiher

That's because the majority of people see MMOs as a way to kill mobs with friends, not engaging experiences. They are casual players and feel accomplished when completing raids. 

WoW is the reason why MMOs haven't evolved and are nothing more than PvE co-op with gear grind treadmills games with tacked on PvP.  WoW is garbage. Its nothing but regurgetated crap every expansion. 

People keep playing the garbage which would make it subjectively not garbage to them and garbage to you.

• Kuro1nKuro1n GothenburgPosts: 771Member
    Originally posted by jdnewell

A sub price will not effect my decision to purchase or not. I actually prefer a sub model for most games. Maybe because I have paid them on MMOs for many years.

I voted Maybe. My decision will probably come a week or two after release. 

Indeed, I do not believe this game will be anything other than another boring themepark that wont last more than a few months though. Who knows, time will tell.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Quebec, QCPosts: 2,316Member
    If it's like all the MMO'S we had in the past few years i guess i would only play the first month.  If it's fun i'd pay 30$ a month.
  • pbernard1985pbernard1985 Mascoutah, ILPosts: 20Member
    Where is the option for "I wouldn't play this game even if it was free because the beta was insanely boring" ?
  • killahhkillahh calgary, ABPosts: 437Member

i for one, herald the demise of the free to play model, due to the fact it overwhelmingly attracts cheapskates, degenerates, and  the less tolerable people that inhabit the internet.

Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

• asrlohzasrlohz UddevallaPosts: 645Member

Dear god, you're rather ignorant aren't you? There are a lot of engaging experiences in WoW and other themepark MMO. Atleast back in pre-WotLK. Getting your first mount, clearing your first raid, forming your first guild, getting backstabbed by a rogue in open world PvP but still managing to defeat him against all odds.

If sandboxes were the greatest toy ever invented, themeparks wouldn't exist. People can create their own adventure in themepark MMO's the same way you could in a Sandbox MMO. The only real difference between sandbox and themepark is that themepark has a path already set for you. Whether you choose to follow it or go and have fun on your own is up to you.

I wouldn't play WoW again, but I wouldn't say that the PvP is tacked on. Nor is the PvE just kill mobs with your friends. Albeit, it's not a great system and it bores me to death even thinking about it, but back when WoW came out it was pretty much great.

But I'm guessing you're some elitist EVE PvP:er who believes that the only enjoyable thing in MMO's is to "pwn noobs" and "be leet" or something silly like that. But hey, I guess that's why EVE hasn't evolved at all since it came out. The devs gave you the tools and you could do what you wanted with them. Personally I enjoy spending an hour or two in a themepark rather than spending eight hours in a sandbox trying to build a castle and having it smashed by some "überleet" player like yourself.

EDIT: Woops, sorry. You don't play EVE. Should have read your signature.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Chicago, ILPosts: 423Member
    After what I saw in beta they better pay me to play this disaster. 
  • cheeseheadscheeseheads beloit, WIPosts: 56Member Uncommon
    after playing this game since friday ill wait till it goes ftp.  not a bad game just not worth a sub
  • nateslonateslo Long Beach, CAPosts: 45Member
    Yes, will preorder. Beta was a blast. Sad it's ending. 
  • DaxxanDaxxan LA, CAPosts: 383Member Uncommon
    I will give this one a pass or now
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Adelaide, AKPosts: 953Member
    If sub doesn't work out I really hope it goes B2P.
  • muppetpilotmuppetpilot Fort Wayne, INPosts: 163Member Uncommon

Absolutely, the reason that every other sub game - with the exceptions of Eve and FF Xiv - have gone F2P, and WoW is still raking in the money, is because WoW is "garbage."

Yes, it must be complete and utter garbage, for it to remain on top of the MMO mountain for nigh on a decade now.

Because only a game that is "garbage" and doesn't provide any sort of engaging experiences could possibly maintain a player base that is millions strong, for years on end, while watching nearly all of its competition fail.

It must be quite a miserable experience, to be as bitter as you are.  I don't know what game you play but it is readily apparent that WoW has many times the players your game does, and that you just can't stand it.  Blind fanbois are truly hilarious, and you are no different.

And oh, by the way: no, I don't play WoW.  But I most certainly am not stupid enough to make foolish comments like yours against it.

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• U-TurnU-Turn Washington, DCPosts: 164Member
    Originally posted by nateslo
    Yes, will preorder. Beta was a blast. Sad it's ending. 

In what way, shape, or form was it a "blast"?  Did you mean "needs to be blasted"?

• killahhkillahh calgary, ABPosts: 437Member
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    After what I saw in beta they better pay me to play this disaster. 

i highly doubt you were in beta, and are just another antifanboy, sorry.

i am in the beta, and without a doubt, its not a disaster by any stretch.

Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

Originally posted by muppetpilot

Absolutely, the reason that every other sub game - with the exceptions of Eve and FF Xiv - have gone F2P, and WoW is still raking in the money, is because WoW is "garbage."

Yes, it must be complete and utter garbage, for it to remain on top of the MMO mountain for nigh on a decade now.

Because only a game that is "garbage" and doesn't provide any sort of engaging experiences could possibly maintain a player base that is millions strong, for years on end, while watching nearly all of its competition fail.

It must be quite a miserable experience, to be as bitter as you are.  I don't know what game you play but it is readily apparent that WoW has many times the players your game does, and that you just can't stand it.  Blind fanbois are truly hilarious, and you are no different.

And oh, by the way: no, I don't play WoW.  But I most certainly am not stupid enough to make foolish comments like yours against it.

FFXIV is a themepark games as well. There's a reason why all game BUT WoW have failed trying to copy WoW. WoW was at the right place at the right time with the IP and fixes that would make ANY MMO with that kind of IP history a success. If the Harry Potter MMO was released it would have been HUGE as well. 

I say WoW is garbage because its success has caused nothing but clones that aren't new, innovating in any way. Its only still successful because it came out first and kept up content updates. Its why GW2 still has over a million people actively playing it. They develop content for people to consume at an alarming rate. But that content is the same content with diffrent story and skin that has been in MMOs SINCE WoW. I can't STAND gear grind treadmill games. They are pointless. 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2634-World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member

Eh I will buy it at launch.  Even if it bombs as a long term MMO like SWTOR did, I am sure I will get my moneys worth over a month or two.

Where I live its the same price as going out for a meal, hardly a big investment worth me debating over.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo St. Paul, MNPosts: 377Member Uncommon
    As a person who had absolutely 0 expectations going into beta and thought this game would blow donkey weiner, I'm going to end up buying it. I'm that impressed, and this is coming from a very jaded GW1 veteran who has sworn off MMOs.

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--