Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are not playing this game....

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by neobahamut20
    Originally posted by coretex666
    "WoW killer"

Still a better game than SW:ToR. At least, Anet didn't claim time and time over that they were going to be WoW's strongest competitor, unlike the TORtanic.

Actually they did state that their ambition was to beat WoW.

Not that it matters, the game works for some, its not a bad game, it just lacks some quality of life things that most MMO players want.

Also not releasing an expansion at the year mark for a B2P game was a bad idea.  The living story is a pile of crap.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    After your first WvW fight you realize it's just a big zergfest unfortunately.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I played for a month.  It wasn't my thing, especially WvW
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I did play it when it released. Took all of about 6 weeks to get bored. I have zero interest in WvW zergfests where when a player dies, they respawn and jump back into the battle as if nothing ever happened. I'll pass, thank you.

Same reasons for me, no reason to repost the same thing.

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    So what do you all play then? What holds your attention? What can you get lost in, pvp in, explore in, and all with meaning? I'm not trolling I understand how easily GW2 can burn out. I am simply asking as I too would like to know of a game that has more immersion and pvp is a battle for something of worth not just score board. Everyone here is right though I've spent the last 8 hours or so in WvW and nothings changing, no gear is being upgraded, no great 1v1 2v1 or any of that. ZvZ was fun at first but... meh now. Would like to know what to try next.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by darkhigh
    So what do you all play then? What holds your attention? What can you get lost in, pvp in, explore in, and all with meaning? I'm not trolling I understand how easily GW2 can burn out. I am simply asking as I too would like to know of a game that has more immersion and pvp is a battle for something of worth not just score board. Everyone here is right though I've spent the last 8 hours or so in WvW and nothings changing, no gear is being upgraded, no great 1v1 2v1 or any of that. ZvZ was fun at first but... meh now. Would like to know what to try next.
    Maybe one or two of us are not interested in pvp. Its possible, y'know ;)
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by darkhigh

Maybe one or two of us are not interested in pvp. Its possible, y'know ;)

I understand that. I personally enjoy a mix but PVP is more important to me. I have played Aion for the last 4+ years and I just can't do it anymore. It's made so many improvements and  the pvp  is awesome but now gunners are such a joke that it's ruined the game entirely. I am looking for a new PVP home, GW2 was my first stop and I don't think it is going to  work out between us. I will continue my journey,  if anyone has recommendations please feel free, I will drop in and say hi and try it out. I am game for anything.

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59

I played the first guild wars for years , and guild wars 2  since beta closed, till some months ago whne the "every 15" days patches begin to be stressful and annoying, why you ask? well im a achievemtn and titles skins collector and if u missed a patch ur collection, is forever incomplete, and dont tell me about more to do in gw 2 than collecting stuff because you know is not tru.

After you are 80 only 2 things to do collections or just pvp and wvw and sadly gets boring, since i missed many patches now and my collection will be forever incomplete i will not return ty

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• greenstonedgreenstoned Member UncommonPosts: 21

i had very high hopes for this game, threw in my money for a pre-order, and once in it took only a couple weeks to realise that its a dumbed down mmo and feels too simple and lacking dept... no progression, very little character customisation, and the poorest skill variety ive seen in a mmo got me bored very very fast.

WvW is a zerg fest, its even worse than it was in RvR in warhammer online, and its nothing new even thos some ppl were under the impression it was some kind of revolution. daoc and war did it before, and they did it better

in the end, if some ppl like it, its jsut fine, but personally i aint into watered down products like this one

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by GODGANONDORF

I played the first guild wars for years , and guild wars 2  since beta closed, till some months ago whne the "every 15" days patches begin to be stressful and annoying, why you ask? well im a achievemtn and titles skins collector and if u missed a patch ur collection, is forever incomplete, and dont tell me about more to do in gw 2 than collecting stuff because you know is not tru.

After you are 80 only 2 things to do collections or just pvp and wvw and sadly gets boring, since i missed many patches now and my collection will be forever incomplete i will not return ty

Sorry, there is way more to do than that. You narrowed the fun of the game by choosing only to play for achievements. I'm not knocking you because that is your style, but you can't tell others that there is nothing else to do other than that if thats all you want to do. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

For those saying that this game is a zerfest, I would like to know what game that involves hundreds of players on a battlefield that isn't. Heck, it would be that way in a real life situation, choose any civil war from any country.  

The term zergfest is being overused and/or misused when it comes to mmo's imho. Almost any negative comment about mmorpg PvP leads to this expression to degrade the title. Think of new ways to express your disappointment because the norm is to gather and attack.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Soki123
    WvW is a lousy attempt at faction warfare, IMO.

Faction warfare is a lousy attempt at getting people to PvP, IMO. Nothing like needing someone else to create your pride for you...the very idea is sickening. PvP should be done for fun and no other reason, sure as hell should never be forced or the focus of a game unless its a FFA PvP game.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by goboygo

I couldn't get your link to work, but the reason I don't play is because.

Heavily instance game world (no immersion)

NOT INSTANCED - Just PvP and dungeons are. The rest of the world is set in areas. Don't know where you got this from but you are wrong. It makes the world more responsive this way.

Too much quick travel

You can walk anywhere you want - you DON'T have to quick travel - wrong again.

No open world PvP in all those instanced leveling zones.

That is a positive - open world PvP means griefing. Open world PvP, and I have played many games with it, just doesn't appeal to the MAJORITY OF PLAYERS.

Those are my PRIMARY reasons.

WvW is okay, its like playing Alterac Valley forever, which is just one tiny part of what an MMO should offer.  And is certainly not a good enough reason in itself to continue playing.

I long in occasionally but there is nothing to keep me in game,  instanced PvP just doesn't get me going.

EDIT: I watched your video, its pretty much what I know of WvW, its entertaining for while.  And makes a nice mini-game.  Move that out into an open seamless game world and you've got something.

There are NO open seamless world this big - sorry, name one. GW2 is one of the biggest world out there. LOTRO, WoW and all the rest just got as big with all the chapters they added. Rift is a pipsqueak compared to GW2, even with all the added chapters. That is the issue. You want a big world you have to deal with areas on different servers or major lag.

• mattidoremattidore Member Posts: 31

you gotta be kidding me right? WvW is nothing but a zerg fest and is a pathetic excuse for PvP. There is pretty much no end-game content in terms of PvE either once you finish running the same 3 dungeons 20 times. The only content the devs of this pile of shit sorry excuse for a guild wars title is the living story bull.

No thanks, I'd rather go spend my $80 somewhere else next time.

Originally posted by botrytis

No open world PvP in all those instanced leveling zones.

That is a positive - open world PvP means griefing. Open world PvP, and I have played many games with it, just doesn't appeal to the MAJORITY OF PLAYERS.

lol no it's not. Have a pvp server and a pve server. Stick a +/- 5 level gap on killable players. Problem solved. Majority of players are just mmorpg ruining pve carebears (which gw2 isn't even good for) and should just stick to rpgs where they can kill scripted monsters all day. 

Originally posted by mattidore

you gotta be kidding me right? WvW is nothing but a zerg fest and is a pathetic excuse for PvP. There is pretty much no end-game content in terms of PvE either once you finish running the same 3 dungeons 20 times. The only content the devs of this pile of shit sorry excuse for a guild wars title is the living story bull.

No thanks, I'd rather go spend my $80 somewhere else next time.

AHH - end game MEANS THE GAME ENDS. I prefer having a game that continually changes or tries too.

I get sick of the regular end game, which means gear treadmill.

Originally posted by Amjoco

For those saying that this game is a zerfest, I would like to know what game that involves hundreds of players on a battlefield that isn't. Heck, it would be that way in a real life situation, choose any civil war from any country.  

The term zergfest is being overused and/or misused when it comes to mmo's imho. Almost any negative comment about mmorpg PvP leads to this expression to degrade the title. Think of new ways to express your disappointment because the norm is to gather and attack.

You are so true. What do they expect when hundreds of players are in one area?

that's why realm vs realm or battleground pvp sucks, because no matter what the devs do, it just inevitably turns into a zerg fest. Only pvp should be duels, small scale 8v8 15v15 etc organised(gvg) pvp or open-world pvp

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Expecting any sort of masive PvP to not be a zerg fest is silly. Not sure how you could even go about making it more tactical or skill based. It just isn't going to happen. WvW delivers what should be delivered in a massive PvP setting.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

that's why realm vs realm or battleground pvp sucks, because no matter what the devs do, it just inevitably turns into a zerg fest. Only pvp should be duels or open-world pvp.

Sorry - open world PvP turns into the zerging or griefing. That IS NOT PvP then in your opinion so open world PvP is not PvP.

Dueling is just stupid.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

you gotta be kidding me right? WvW is nothing but a zerg fest and is a pathetic excuse for PvP.

That's because you chose a poor server and are more than likely in a crap guild as well.

My guild and our alliance continually runs 2 full groups with 2-6 smaller groups holding off the enemy while the main groups take the map and counter attack. WvW is what YOU make of it, you chose to run around with your head cut off because you are used to having the developers hold your hand with themepark FORCED gameplay.

Don't worry, you have a game just like that coming out shortly in TESO, they will even create your pride for you. Leave games like GW2 to people that don't need others to think for them or create the smallest bits of gameplay to guide you.

Hell, odds are you didn't even figure out the healing system and zerged the instances...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Zerg or be zerged. also ur team helped and dint died.

When i played GW2 WvWvW, no one dint helped, we zerged in place where is no players. when u die, u need run like 10 minute get back to zerg, thats only if u wont get ganged/zerged while u run back.

and then there was supply zerging only. move to next supply camp all time and no pvp...

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by neobahamut20
    Originally posted by coretex666
    "WoW killer"

Still a better game than SW:ToR. At least, Anet didn't claim time and time over that they were going to be WoW's strongest competitor, unlike the TORtanic.

GW2 is only a year old and it only has the die hard fans left. It's new box sales are pretty dismal ( 22 mil in last quarter including cash shop sales ) And as far as we know they don't have a new box content on the way like GW1 often did to bring people back.

I don't think either game is doing poorly over all, but as far as who brings in more each month, they seem around the same.

that's why realm vs realm or battleground pvp sucks, because no matter what the devs do, it just inevitably turns into a zerg fest. Only pvp should be duels or open-world pvp.

Sorry - open world PvP turns into the zerging or griefing. That IS NOT PvP then in your opinion so open world PvP is not PvP.

Dueling is just stupid.

when I played PWI which had open world pvp, I never encountered a zerg. Not even once, only griefers/pkers. If you join a PvP server you agree that you are going to be griefed or pked at inconvenient times. That's why I suggest there be a PvE server for carebears. In PWI, even in the pvp server you couldn't get pked unless you'd killed someone yourself or you turned pvp on. You obviously haven't played a game with decent open world pvp mechanics. And in before you tell me to go play PWI because it's terribly p2w.

Why is dueling stupid? You don't like to test your individual skill? You'd rather run around in a group of 50 people where your contribution is so minor you may as well not even be there?

I see you didn't mention GvG... so pathetic how after a year+ (I think) of being released they still haven't even put in proper GvG.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Main reason I lost steam for WvW is because it's fairly money and level dependent. I don't have the energy to level to 80 and get all the money to buy arrow carts and good gear. It would have been fine if I actually properly enjoyed the PvE, but it gets old before I can hit 80, so while I can have fun with it, it's not enough for me to jump into WvW where I'll be underleveled, and, more importantly, poor.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

Originally posted by jtcgs

you gotta be kidding me right? WvW is nothing but a zerg fest and is a pathetic excuse for PvP.

That's because you chose a poor server and are more than likely in a crap guild as well.

My guild and our alliance continually runs 2 full groups with 2-6 smaller groups holding off the enemy while the main groups take the map and counter attack. WvW is what YOU make of it, you chose to run around with your head cut off because you are used to having the developers hold your hand with themepark FORCED gameplay.

Don't worry, you have a game just like that coming out shortly in TESO, they will even create your pride for you. Leave games like GW2 to people that don't need others to think for them or create the smallest bits of gameplay to guide you.

Hell, odds are you didn't even figure out the healing system and zerged the instances...

hahahahaha it's so funny watching people attempt to argue for gw2's wvw system. My server is Sea of Sorrows, it was in the top 3 for a while but dropped down into the top 6 bracket. "Running 2 full groups of 2-6 smaller groups holding off the enemy" wow so tactical... sounds like so much fun. Like you guys really make a difference when the larger zerg trumps all. What you described at the end of the day is just capping points in large zergs while smaller groups waste their time wasting their enemies time. No I don't choose to run around with my head cut off because I'm used to having the devs hold my hand with themepark FORCED gameplay, because I don't even play this piece of shit anymore. And no, I'm not waiting for TESO (you might enjoy it though), because I'm waiting for Wildstar which has open-world pvp which I'm hoping will be decent. You should play Wildstar and see how your superiority complex suits you in open world.