Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doom and glum

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

First.....Can we keep politics out of this !

Anyway, as the world becomes more and more a pressure cooker ( my perception ) Will money become worthless.

- Will our electronic money in our bank accounts disappear ?

- Will our stocks become worthless paper ?

- Will gold become worthless to ?

- Will food, water, and shelter be the futures trade ?

If some kind of large scale disaster hits, any kind. I'm concerned that Law Enforcement will not exist in a fragile economy and will be left alone to fend for ourselfs.......Large cities will be the first to feel it, then rural, outskirts, and last wilderness. With the worlds population being over seven billion no place will be safe. Some areas in the outskirts and wilderness will get a short reprieve.

You will not be able to trust your friends, they may become your larger enemies, after all were wired to focus on them first for some reason. Supermarkets, Walmarts, and Farms will become the battle grounds.....Even if you hit payday is such places will people take your stuff on your way home ?

The real bad part......Stock pileing........How much is enough. I'll be honest every now and then as I think about it, I'll by that extra can of beans, but come on !....I know my little stash will only give me an extra two weeks, and what about that stranger driving up my driveway?......How do I react ?

Maybe I'm looking too deep, maybe everything is fine and I just read too much on the internet.....Maybe that Space station does not exist for the rich at the tax payers expense ! 

Crazy right.....Right !

What do you think ?

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Bomb shelters....LOL

How could you expect the wife and little Joe to be able to sit in a basement for three months....Within three hours they will be climbing out, and your be holding them down.  After two days who will be holding you down ?..............You may need a large bottle of Valium :)

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I assume that this is inevitable. It will come. But I can't comment on why without breaking the TOS of this website. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

I'll flirt with the topic a little, sucker for punishment.  If what you suggest happens and gets as bad as you talk about, there's never to much of any stored goods. Prepers if they have a decent setup will be sitting back for at least awhile, while stuff calms down. Can't expect leo who have families of their own and also going to be overwhelmed, to be there for you when something as major as a currency completely tanking happens.

Personally I'd head to the hills, literally, if it got as bad as you are talking. I have nothing holding me back. Technology I can honestly live without for the most part minus some medicine in case I get sick.  Last place anyone would want to be is anywhere that's moderately to heavily populated. Not a prep'er personally but I live in an area that I can get pretty darn remote fairly fast.. People simply wouldn't drag their families that far out, not for awhile. Holding out in a  city is the last place i'd want to be in such an event.  Don't think we'll see anything like this though. If anything more of a slow gradual dive into something else.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Hulluck

I'll flirt with the topic a little, sucker for punishment.  If what you suggest happens and gets as bad as you talk about, there's never to much of any stored goods. Prepers if they have a decent setup will be sitting back for at least awhile, while stuff calms down. Can't expect leo who have families of their own and also going to be overwhelmed, to be there for you when something as major as a currency completely tanking happens.

Personally I'd head to the hills, literally, if it got as bad as you are talking. I have nothing holding me back. Technology I can honestly live without for the most part minus some medicine in case I get sick.  Last place anyone would want to be is anywhere that's moderately to heavily populated. Not a prep'er personally but I live in an area that I can get pretty darn remote fairly fast.. People simply wouldn't drag their families that far out, not for awhile. Holding out in a  city is the last place i'd want to be in such an event.  Don't think we'll see anything like this though. If anything more of a slow gradual dive into something else.

I was a prepper for a time. Got some basic stuff. LED flashlight to wind up, world radio with solar + wind up, all sort of survival stuff, reading books about survival. But the reality is, Germany isnt the USA. Here, the population is WAY denser. There simply IS no wildernes to live in. :/

But, I think in all honesty humanity needs the big reset. We just went the wrong way.

(@MODS: this is philosophy as topic ^^)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by Hulluck

I was a prepper for a time. Got some basic stuff. LED flashlight to wind up, world radio with solar + wind up, all sort of survival stuff, reading books about survival. But the reality is, Germany isnt the USA. Here, the population is WAY denser. There simply IS no wildernes to live in. :/

But, I think in all honesty humanity needs the big reset. We just went the wrong way.

(@MODS: this is philosophy as topic ^^)

Always regretted turning down my Germany assignment.  I really wish I had gone there when I had the opportunity. Ended up in South Korea instead. Not to say that wasn't a fun experience because it was. 

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I should have invested in Bitcoin.

On Jan. 1, you could have bought a bitcoin for merely $13.50. At Friday afternoon's price of about $730, that bet would have grown about 54-fold.

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    I think it is more important to 'stock-pile' skills not materials. How to snare small game, how to create a charcoal water filter, knowing which native plants are edible, how to build a fire without matches and tend it. Without those skills we are all babes sucking on technology's tit; helpless when it's withdrawn. 
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by outfctrl

I should have invested in Bitcoin.

On Jan. 1, you could have bought a bitcoin for merely $13.50. At Friday afternoon's price of about $730, that bet would have grown about 54-fold.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • sticksnstonessticksnstones Member Posts: 6
    Aw man, that's a scary situation and I don't know what to do when that happens.