Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Holy Cow! 2000+ Users Online?

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

For the first time a long time, I just noticed 2000+ users online. Lately, it has been right around 100 users. Is there some big news I am missing out on?

It is great seeing the traffic :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Comments

  • bliss14bliss14 eleva, WIPosts: 565Member
    You are welcome, Mr. Al B Quirky.
  • GruntyGrunty TexasPosts: 7,061Member Uncommon

    That's because they changed the metric from # of  Members on-site AND # of Guests on-site to the single metric of # of Users on-site. The total number of people on-site didn't change. Just the metric.

    The number of members who have actually logged on hasn't changed.

  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member


    Originally posted by Grunty
    That's because they changed the metric from # of  Members on-site AND # of Guests on-site to the single metric of # of Users on-site. The total number of people on-site didn't change. Just the metric.The number of members who have actually logged on hasn't changed.
    ahhh... that makes sense :)

    - Al

    Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

  • greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon
    No doubt, it's not any good for me to login. Ignore won't work for me so I am just going to see people post no matter what and though there is a setting for expanding the default posts, I still see more not logged in per page. Logging in limits me so I logout right after posting most times.
  • jtcgsjtcgs New Port Richey, ILPosts: 1,777Member
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

    For the first time a long time, I just noticed 2000+ users online. Lately, it has been right around 100 users. Is there some big news I am missing out on?

    It is great seeing the traffic :)

    Looking at the flow of posts in the ESO section I would say there are a lot of new testers NOT playing the game and instead posting about how bad/good it is...well, if they are posting how good it is one has to ask why they are actually posting instead of playing...

    “I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

  • WoopinWoopin LeedsPosts: 1,038Member Uncommon

    Yeah they added guests to the total now as stated.

     

    It only seems like not so long ago MMORPG was hitting 1 mill registered users shocked to see it sitting at 2.5mill now as it did not seem that long ago.

    image

  • FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Woopin
    Yeah they added guests to the total now as stated. It only seems like not so long ago MMORPG was hitting 1 mill registered users shocked to see it sitting at 2.5mill now as it did not seem that long ago.

    They have done a lot of mmo promotions lately which require having an account to participate. For example the screenshot contests and what does blah blah mean to you etc.

  • NorseGodNorseGod Behind Enemy Lines, FLPosts: 856Member
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky
     

    Looking at the flow of posts in the ESO section I would say there are a lot of new testers NOT playing the game and instead posting about how bad/good it is...well, if they are posting how good it is one has to ask why they are actually posting instead of playing...

    You sure post a lot about ESO.

    Censorship is intended to create an illusion that one side of the debate is correct and unopposed. Silence is not consent.

  • GruntyGrunty TexasPosts: 7,061Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by greenreen
    No doubt, it's not any good for me to login. Ignore won't work for me so I am just going to see people post no matter what and though there is a setting for expanding the default posts, I still see more not logged in per page. Logging in limits me so I logout right after posting most times.

    Then your profile settings are wrong. You can't see 50 posts per page while not logged in.

  • greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Originally posted by greenreen
    No doubt, it's not any good for me to login. Ignore won't work for me so I am just going to see people post no matter what and though there is a setting for expanding the default posts, I still see more not logged in per page. Logging in limits me so I logout right after posting most times.

    Then your profile settings are wrong. You can't see 50 posts per page while not logged in.

    The day I asked about that I did edit my profile settings and nothing changed. Today it does seem to change things. The only thing I did different this time was start ticking the one below it for posts inside threads.

    Sadly, I still have the same people on ignore and their posts all still show.

Sign In or Register to comment.