Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy Cow! 2000+ Users Online?

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

For the first time a long time, I just noticed 2000+ users online. Lately, it has been right around 100 users. Is there some big news I am missing out on?

It is great seeing the traffic :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Comments

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    You are welcome, Mr. Al B Quirky.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

That's because they changed the metric from # of  Members on-site AND # of Guests on-site to the single metric of # of Users on-site. The total number of people on-site didn't change. Just the metric.

The number of members who have actually logged on hasn't changed.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Grunty
    That's because they changed the metric from # of  Members on-site AND # of Guests on-site to the single metric of # of Users on-site. The total number of people on-site didn't change. Just the metric.The number of members who have actually logged on hasn't changed.
    ahhh... that makes sense :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

For the first time a long time, I just noticed 2000+ users online. Lately, it has been right around 100 users. Is there some big news I am missing out on?

It is great seeing the traffic :)

Looking at the flow of posts in the ESO section I would say there are a lot of new testers NOT playing the game and instead posting about how bad/good it is...well, if they are posting how good it is one has to ask why they are actually posting instead of playing...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Yeah they added guests to the total now as stated.

It only seems like not so long ago MMORPG was hitting 1 mill registered users shocked to see it sitting at 2.5mill now as it did not seem that long ago.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Woopin
    Yeah they added guests to the total now as stated. It only seems like not so long ago MMORPG was hitting 1 mill registered users shocked to see it sitting at 2.5mill now as it did not seem that long ago.

They have done a lot of mmo promotions lately which require having an account to participate. For example the screenshot contests and what does blah blah mean to you etc.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Looking at the flow of posts in the ESO section I would say there are a lot of new testers NOT playing the game and instead posting about how bad/good it is...well, if they are posting how good it is one has to ask why they are actually posting instead of playing...

You sure post a lot about ESO.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by greenreen
    No doubt, it's not any good for me to login. Ignore won't work for me so I am just going to see people post no matter what and though there is a setting for expanding the default posts, I still see more not logged in per page. Logging in limits me so I logout right after posting most times.

Then your profile settings are wrong. You can't see 50 posts per page while not logged in.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.