Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Awards

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by bcbully
    HaHA! He has a point Damon! You saying we should sit on the couch huh? LOL

He doesn't have a point. The only options he sees all involve doing something he's not enjoying.

they caps where to indicate my facetious ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Played Firefall, NWN and FFXIV:ARR but FFXIV:ARR was the only one that kept me entertained. Theme park? Check. Doing same old things? Check.

But it is fun for me so it gets my vote.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    @Picard

As I have said repeatedly, when something better comes along, I will play. There is just not anything on the market that offers what Wushu does in terms of pvp, character customization and progression.

The thing is, I don't see anything on the horizon that will either. ESO pvp and character cust. are very intriguing. EQN maybe just because. If not these, maybe the 2015 crop...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Age of Wushu is the reason to consider 2013 good enough. Such MMOs come out rarely.

But 2014 looks to be very busy. Especially hyped for Star Citizen, also would be interesting to see new WoW addon, even though its not as appealing, as previous ones

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by bcbully
    @Picard

As I have said repeatedly, when something better comes along, I will play. There is just not anything on the market that offers what Wushu does in terms of pvp, character customization and progression.

The thing is, I don't see anything on the horizon that will either. ESO pvp and character cust. are very intriguing. EQN maybe just because. If not these, maybe the 2015 crop...

For me personally Wushu was very confusing and difficult to get hooked right away. I think the future hold promise though. Arch Age will be out in 2027, and a few indie games which looks promising. Star Citizen, Repopulation, Black Desert.

• AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Atlys

Sandbox doesn't just mean a game where you focus on building. It means a game that is not linear, where the player is free to go and do what they wish. It's an open world without a set defined path.

Good. GW2 is a sandbox then.

Sure, sounds good. I mean it's not exactly linear right? It can join the club.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

You are forgetting Scarlet Blade, best MMO if not best GAME ever, and Gods gift to gamerkind. If your list of best MMOs of 2013 doesn't include Scarlet Blade, then you are doing it wrong, my friendd

SB should get honorable mention for spending the most on advertising on mmorpg.com for 2013

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Nadia

You are forgetting Scarlet Blade, best MMO if not best GAME ever, and Gods gift to gamerkind. If your list of best MMOs of 2013 doesn't include Scarlet Blade, then you are doing it wrong, my friendd

SB should get honorable mention for spending the most on advertising on mmorpg.com for 2013

Definitely the top pron game of 2013.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by mCalvert

2013 is almost over and there doesn't appear to be anything interesting launching soon, so what do you think will win MMORPGs awards this year, beyond the obvious best MMO, which is Pirates 101. To review, well hyped MMORPGS that launched this year:

Defiance

Age of Wushu

Darkfall 2

Neverwinter

Firefall

Final Fantasy 14 (relaunch technically)

That's a pretty sad list, IMO.

Which game on that list creates the most ad revenue?

My money is on "another (the same?) vaporware 'best game' for 2014." Of course there's always Wildstar, fair bit of ad money to be had there.