Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So many old school DAOC players in one place. Lets sound off our name/server. Maybe reconnect with o

Comments

• steusssteuss Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Hib Gawain, Does anyone remember Garek Steelwolf screaming orders about realm defense from the top of the hib mile keeps/walls? I'm talking EARLY DAoC. During the whole Blackthornes, Dark Octopus, and Steelwolf's rivalries? (can't remember Garek's guild).
  • NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

Toon names doesn't matter

But one of the MCOC French Connection Boys on Merlin. Joined at the very end.

Although

Better known as Nidwin (Nid) in Warhammer.

• KickinPups2KickinPups2 Member Posts: 48

Alb-Bedevere:

Findelelem-Wizard

Notabuffbot-Cleric

Dalrog-Infiltrator

Dalrou-Scout

Wannbeburkie-Merc

Chupacabara-Necro

Dyran-Friar

I use to run with Immortals and ran a small friend guild named El Ghupacabra for a long time…… I recognize some of the names on here and must say I’m excited for CU and maybe seen some old friends, like many DAOC was my MMO cherry popper and like all first in life nothing has been same!

• xaleexalee Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I still have some ss from granarcs funeral in emain
  • xaleexalee Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by fierce750

I wonder if the Albion archer named Willow is still around from the server Guinevere?

Whoever that was all ways freaked me out when I saw X was killed by WILLOW!

Willow must have killed me 50+ times throughout my leveling.

I miss those old days that was one heck of a fun game.

Name: Crothinus

Realm: Hiberneria

Server: Guinivere

Most hated: WILLOW!     :)

I remember WIllow!!!

I had the same experience!!!! If we were leveling at trees in the pvp area we would all freak out lol

• chzoomchzoom Member Posts: 1

I played on a few servers...

Volcom - Smite Cleric - Iron Monkey Lancelot (as well as Iron Monkey on other servers)

Mattlok - Spiritmaster - Virus23 Lancelot

Dipset - Blademaster - Wrath Iseult

Also played several servers/factions with KoS from hib lance to midgard on other servers.

• foichnefoichne Member Posts: 4
    Perc server here- Foichne 50 champ, Gonidi 50 ranger part of Sundrian Souls guild
  • ografograf Member Posts: 19

I started daoc close to the beginning. I remember I had to buy a new comp to run it as it froze up and wouldn't run on my older one. I started on Tristan. I remember when we were all in our 30's and 40's we used to meet at the alb entrance to the frontiers and duel on sunday. And ofcourse someone would eventually gank someone and all heck would break loose. And then the first time we all gathered at a relic keep was an amazing site. There must have been 500 of us and I just stared in awe. Thats the day I really fell in love with the game. I had never seen anything like it and the thought of bigger all out wars thrilled my imagination.

I had the first blunt using champion on the server. Then I moved to Mid lancelot and ran up a 50 skald. But to be honest I had a full array of alts in both servers battlegrounds by the time I finally called it quits.

I never liked playing an alb. English yuck yuck yuck Barfimage

• Skeggjold5139Skeggjold5139 Member Posts: 1

Mid/Perc :

Skeggjold 50 Berserker

Kerlinganef 50 Savage

A lot of old names here.  Perc probably had the best community of any MMO I've ever played, even with all of the VNboard carrying on.

If anyone from CC sees this hit me up, Ljul and I reminisce on the regular.

• PachamosPachamos Member Posts: 1

Pachamos / Hibernia / Merlin

Lycosa / Hibernia / Killibury

Nuei / Hibernia / Ywain

• blaelbblaelb Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by steuss
    Hib Gawain, Does anyone remember Garek Steelwolf screaming orders about realm defense from the top of the hib mile keeps/walls? I'm talking EARLY DAoC. During the whole Blackthornes, Dark Octopus, and Steelwolf's rivalries? (can't remember Garek's guild).

Yes I do. "Mvoe to teh lrod!!" He was in Divine Vengeance. I wonder what happened to them.

• ShrewsburyShrewsbury Member Posts: 1

Played on Alb Pryd and Mid Excal Euro servers for day of release for far too long and wasted many many fun hours with Sarumans Hand amongst a few other guilds. Great times I miss greatly and doubt they can ever be re created unfortunately :(

for the record my 'mains' were Castus SM , Shrewsbury Hunter and Hardnutz Zerker on Excal . Blessus Cleric was my actual first  50 ding though :)

anyone sees this and wants to add me on twatter then look up castusthered.

for Albion! 

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259

Brixon - Cleric <Battle Ragers> Gawaine

Dedrinvan - Armsman <Battle Ragers> Gawaine

• DrunvaloDrunvalo Member Posts: 1
    Drunvalo (Warden) of Divine Vengeance, Gawaine. I have contacts for only a couple former members. Would definitely like to make contact with others. Miss those days and nothing has come close to replacing them.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Pirran Pocketbard (Lancelot/Hibernia)...AKA Poetic Melodies (someone reported me and I had to change)

Gimlis Berserkerblade - 50 blademaster (2nd 50 blademaster on Lancelot/Hibernia) :P

Pet Me (Please) - 50 enchanter Gaheris (the co-op server)  --- (Please was my 1 man guild)

Gidea/o/i/n Travels - 50 (Hunter/Midgard)

Solusk - (50 infiltrator, Guinevere)

(Name Unknown) 50 paladin - Guinevere

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by Zintair

Midgard - Guinevere here!

Weavel Sneakybold - 50 Shadowblade - He was actually a creation from the mass Lurikeen vs Kobold wars that took place on the server.  Not sure if anyone remembers a sea of bolds and keens in Thidranki but I eventuall;y took mine to 50

OMG...."Lurikeen Uprising"...the bane of my existence!

I was Albion on Guinevere when this all took place...I remember being so pissed off one time I deleted my 3 lvl 50s on albion to roll Lurikeen. (The next day I regretted it and petitioned to have my albion characters reinstated, which they did).

I was just going to make a post about the Lurikeen Uprising that took place in order to get the option to have Lurikeen Heroes! (which it worked, MINI-MOOSE for the win!)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• M4rt1n71M4rt1n71 Member Posts: 1

PLayed on the Euro server Lyonesse Hibernia, anny players from that server arround here ?

here a Vid to get the old feeling back :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbxhuj_daoc-lios-alfar-1_videogames

• KuroiKuroi Member UncommonPosts: 29

Wuu

LW Champikeen

Nimue/ Hibernia

• PillerranPillerran Member Posts: 3

Pillerran - bard <Vae Victis & Resilience> Guinevere

Pilleran - healer <Cairde Bracha> Lamorak

• LandrewLandrew Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by blaelb

Yes I do. "Mvoe to teh lrod!!" He was in Divine Vengeance. I wonder what happened to them.

Yes, Garek was in Divine Vengeance, and I was on Albion (Eternal Rising) getting our arse kicked by his guild, but we eventually turned it around when summoners came into existence in old school  realm map. Fun times, hope CU can bring back some of those great battles we had...

1st 50th level Pally on Gawaine

• anyuseranyuser Member UncommonPosts: 1

Ninn (shadowblade) and later Ninndottir (zerker)  from Percival o/ Think i was with Hrafnin most of the time.

I remember having some nice knife fights with Raad, and a big wave to the old Tallon Zek people in the thread as well :D

• lindhskylindhsky Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Nice to see some old enemies from Percival. I was Maliya the Minstrel (PVP) and Faragan the Paladin (Mostly PvE). In the end I was mostly grouping up with other stealthers in stealthgroups or running as a second minstrel with Adanvan and the guild The Court. Fun days! :) DAOC was the most fun game I have ever played. The only thing I hated was that you needed a buffbot to be somewhat good when you were roaming around solo and the expansions. The balance went to hell after the expansions. Overpowered items and overpowered classes. Still I consider it as the best game I have played.  
  • RhyoinRhyoin Member Posts: 56
    Vanhusen/Rhyoin Alb Percival

Playing:RIFT
    Played:DAoC-7 years of fun ,WAR,SWG,EQ/EQ2,VG,Shadowbane,Darkfall, AIon, and more
    Waiting on: none
    Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/sHoKawe1

• ThunderThunder Member UncommonPosts: 15

Alderienne (little keen light eldritch) - Hib - Gareth

It was best moments I ever had playing any computer game...

/wave to any possible friends, guildies  and/or enemies

Dark Age Of Camelot - Gareth - Alderienne (keen eldritch)

• NordiqueNordique Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Landrew
    Originally posted by blaelb

Yes, Garek was in Divine Vengeance, and I was on Albion (Eternal Rising) getting our arse kicked by his guild, but we eventually turned it around when summoners came into existence in old school  realm map. Fun times, hope CU can bring back some of those great battles we had...

OMG! I sure hope it does those were some EPIC times. I was Mid (Loki's Revenge) but ran with some rl friends in Skona Raiders .. I thought Garek was a tool but he did a good job getting the Hib zerg organized. We had some good fights with DV groups and alb Crimson Dragoon i think it was.