Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who do you think is the BEST developer?

14567810»

Comments

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Square the first one to do multi platform gaming and only console mmorpg.

First console MMORPG in the east, but EQOA was the first console MMORPG in the west.  First multi platform though.

SoE also has the first simultaneous multi-platform release

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Gilbortrund
    Turbine.  They were groundbreakers and adept developers. AC is still around in all it's old fashioned glory.  The warner buyout hasn't hurt it's ability to make games that much.

No it hasn't, but the last good MMO they made was AC1, so...

LotRO was a TRAVESTY. Its one of the few games I've played that was better in alpha than release, back when it was Middle Earth Online.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

SoE, people don't like it, but they have either made or been involved in 4 out of the 5 of my top mmos.  The other one was taken over by EA, and I think they screwed it up, so SoE (which ended up doing the same thing for the most part, but not as badly).

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Ubisoft.

Overall they have stayed true to their franchises and come up with some innovative ideas and they are postioning themselves to make a push on the MMO industry.

They definitely get my vote overall.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I have forgotten about Hi-Rez.  For me, I actually need to put them before Blizzard and Anet just becuase of the simple fact that I have only given them $30 for Global Agenda back in the day when it first released and have since totaled in around 700 hours between my time with Global Agenda, Tribes, and Smite.  No other developer has given me that much bang for the buck.  Not to mention I only live about 2 hours away from their main servers and I usually get about a 30ms ping which is great for the type of games they make.  Those three games, in my opinion, are some of the best action and skilled based PVP type games  you can find so I know those games aren't for everyone.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Bioware....only not mmo's

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Guild Software.

Here's why:

http://wtnnews.com/articles/2675/

http://www.jsonline.com/features/technology/34056184.html

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/27/some-assembly-required-ten-years-warp-by-for-vendetta-online/

They listen to their players, they are an active part of the community, they are unafraid to take risks.  I respect and admire them not only as software developers, but as a small innovative company with strong values, also.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    CCP and Blizzard. In this order.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

In my opinion Trion is / was the best developer for MMORPG games. They released CONSTANT patches almost every time I launched my client, they had a stable release of Rift when it launched and it was one of the most polished games I had played in a long time. I added the was because they aren't really keeping on track with how they used to be, Defiance was released in a poor state just to have a side launch with the TV show, they are making up for that issue now but it might be too late for the game. 

Hirez used to be some of my favorite developers as well, they had constant patches for Global Agenda, and it was awesome how much they were doing to the game and how much they talked to the community and took feedback from them. Now that they have a couple IP's you can see that they cannot handle more than one game at a time and just switch their entire focus onto whatever is making them the most money so currently it is all on smite, with no patches or even bug fixes going out for GA or Tribes. 

CCP is another good example, and Blizzard as well. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

None stand out.

Arena Net has a great price model for GW2 but I feel they made some major design mistakes.

Trion sounds like a good developer, I haven't been interested enough to try their games.  So they are high in terms of content updates and communication.

CCP has made big mistakes but they are clearly doing something right.

Blizzard hasn't been a customer friendly developer in a long time imo.

Turbine is horrendous, at least with how they've handled LOTRO.  Of the developers listed, they are the only ones I will never spend money on again.