Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsaw Marvel Heroes - Ask Me Anything

Comments

• KnightLorenKnightLoren Member Posts: 2
    What plans are for characters lv60? I'm no fan of PvP, I would like a new difficulty mode, a really hard one, make Hell in Diablo II look easy :) and more challenges maps like Midtown, Midtown gets boring after a long time farming.

PS: Please make Human Torch Searing Arcfire a area power :)
  • dennison89dennison89 Member Posts: 19
    Any plans to add options as far as the Super group is concerned? Currently it is a little hard to maintain one because you cannot tell if people are going on or if they have been inactive for a month.
  • RedArremerRedArremer Member Posts: 1
    Do you have plans to feature other iconic Marvel locations, such as Atlantis, Wakanda, or any of the supernatural or cosmic locations (e.g. Dark Dimension, Sanctum Sanctorum, Attilan, Hala, etc.)?
  • johndoe00johndoe00 Member Posts: 16
    I heard a new skill bar is in the works, when is it coming? :)
  • Zom3iesZom3ies Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion

We don’t need to balance PVE and PVP at all - they are completely separate. We can add cooldowns, damage modifiers and durations to powers in PVP and it never affects PVE, they are completely separate backend systems. We took the time to build this and are using it exactly as it should be used.

TYVM for saying this. I hear this talked about a lot and I don't think many people realize it.

You should put it in your sig on the forums or something. ;p

High-five the team for me because the effort you guys put forth is inspired. Thanks again =]

• jarisnazzjarisnazz Member Posts: 2

Hi Doomsaw.

Will Jean Grey be getting new costumes any time soon? Would it be possible to get her Here Comes Tomorrow outfit, or Lady Xorn. Thanks

• PertinaxxPertinaxx Member Posts: 1

I'd just like to know if Ghost Rider is still on track for a December release.  If so...

• Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134

Question:

Hey Doomy, Are you guys at all concerned about how fast new heroes are being put out? Every hero to date since launch has had to be patched in one way or another...could some of those problems have been solved with more testing before release?

Answer:

BubbaGump - that’s a great question. I am impressed with the speed of hero creation and I think it’s a reasonable rate. The reality is that the is no testing that is as good as having a hero actually released and having tons of people trying it out in different ways. I think it’s expected that when a hero is released, there will be some bug fixes or tuning changes in the week or two after released. That’s reality and it should be planned for. You could test anything (new heroes, new enemies, new items, new content) internally or on a test server and never find issues that you will find on live.

So the best course of action is to plan ahead for it, be prepared and move effectively and expediently.
  • Nick3570Nick3570 Member Posts: 2
    Any idea when we might see the stat overhaul?
  • AoloebioAoloebio Member Posts: 3

We don’t need to balance PVE and PVP at all - they are completely separate. We can add cooldowns, damage modifiers and durations to powers in PVP and it never affects PVE, they are completely separate backend systems. We took the time to build this and are using it exactly as it should be used.

I am a big fan of your system that takes a player's current PVE build and alters the durations and modifiers to fit into PVP. However PVE builds that focused on movement powers have been quite crippled in PVP. Has any thought been given to allowing a PVP build as opposed to having to retcon your hero between the two types?

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Good progress with the game, it improved immensely since launch.

How far along is Cyclops rework, and do you guys plan to release Psylocke in the earlier 2014?

Keep up the good work!

Also, any word on a "Eu server"?
  • Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134

Question:

I'd just like to know if Ghost Rider is still on track for a December release.  If so…

Answer:

Yes, the focus right now is getting his movement power to feel good. We are determining whether we should add stuff like acceleration, turning radius and other “realistic” psysics to his bike or just make it smooth and “fun”. We are also working on the modeling for his molten chains and his shotgun animations.
  • astersixastersix Member Posts: 5
    Hi again, will there be separate points to allocate between pvp and pve? For example the same player having a ranged spider-man for pvp and a meele for pve.
  • jbokujboku Member Posts: 20
    Hey Doom...saw:  What plans do you have for guilds in the future?  Any new features or guild-specific items?  Maybe a crest or ranking system for guilds? 
  • ZisthonZisthon Member Posts: 16

Any plans on a cross-over between 2 games? You buy content from one game which gives you a code to unlock it on the other game?

Sincerely,

Zisthon

• KaiDKBKaiDKB Member Posts: 3

Doomsaw,

Are there any plans for mini-games, maybe in 2015?

• MadmanskMadmansk Member Posts: 4
    what are your plans for taking pvp further from this point?
  • Anton150Anton150 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Hi,I would like to know more about the 2014 ultimate pack.Which Character will be included?How many characters will be included?How much will it cost?I heard there will some exclusive costumes.....What will make layers buy this ultimate Pack?

Thanks

Will Ghost rider ride on his motorcycle for his movement/flight power?
  • woagnwoagn Member Posts: 5

Question:

I'd just like to know if Ghost Rider is still on track for a December release.  If so…

Answer:

Yes, the focus right now is getting his movement power to feel good. We are determining whether we should add stuff like acceleration, turning radius and other “realistic” psysics to his bike or just make it smooth and “fun”. We are also working on the modeling for his molten chains and his shotgun animations.

SMOOTH AND FUN - Helloween

• Luchs01Luchs01 Member Posts: 8

Question:

Answer:

I am so looking forward to this. One of my all time favorite charecters

• mermaidpugmermaidpug Member Posts: 4

Ahhh thank you for answering me Doomsaw!!!!  Made my entire evening :)

A friend wants me to ask if any of the Young Avengers like Wiccan or Hulkling will ever be available?  I know it's a longshot for you to answer me again, but she really wanted me to ask :)

Thank you so so much for answering my first questions!!!!!

• VidulaSaixVidulaSaix Member Posts: 4
    Are there any plans at all to possibly make Marvel Heroes available on consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One in the future?
  • DGR8WARRIORDGR8WARRIOR Member Posts: 19

Any idea when Thanos is going to appear?

This discussion has been closed.