Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doomsaw Marvel Heroes - Ask Me Anything

Comments

• OmegaTheoryOmegaTheory Member Posts: 3

Mr. Doomsaw

Omega theory here one more time,  Will there be more expansion on the 'skrulls?'  As they have been found in the bovine chapter of the game.

OmegaTheory

• PsycoPandaPsycoPanda Member Posts: 15

My questions:

1) Will new locations simply be added as chapters to the storyline, or will there ever be a new 'storyline'?

2)  What kind of Enhanced costumes are in the pipes?  Do you have a goal for these releases like you do for heroes, or just as you make them?

3) Odds of ever seeing Turner D. Century: Almost infintely against, or simply miniscule?

• DGR8WARRIORDGR8WARRIOR Member Posts: 19

What happened to Malekith? Is he going to be in Marvel Heroes?

• jonathanytsjonathanyts Member Posts: 5

Thanks for answering us 

Any more hints as to the next 10 heroes that are to be released?

• peruchulo_01peruchulo_01 Member Posts: 5

This is more like questions about you sir.

Well, if I have the honor, my questions are the following:

1) How did u hear about the opening job in Gazillion?

2) What job(s) you had before joining Gazillion?

As a new member of Gazillion,

3) What were the most challenging things you had to deal in your first 30 to 60 days in the job?

4) What is the biggest achievement you have accomplished, up to today in Gazillion?

5) What is your ultimate goal in Gazillion, as a "member of staff", and as a "gamer"?

Thank you, for your time guys.

• ItsJustMeNowItsJustMeNow Member Posts: 2

I am a big fan of this game and the Marvel Universe.  This is an amazing game and currently have 26 soon to be 27 unique and job castes with varying game play this is a notable accomplishment in the game word. There is the potential to be thousands and I believe the designers of this game could pull it off with massive amounts of time on their side.  Make mine Marvelheroes.

1) If you could go back and change anything at launch in June/July would it be?

2)  Right now you are releasing new characters at a lightning speed of one every two weeks or so do you expect this to continue? Or will there be a planned eventual slow down in pace.

3) Most games like this have characters, settings and backstories designed around the game.  In this case you have a huge amount of history and existing character development loyal fans will want you to be true to.  How does this affect how you feel the design and production of the game has to be treated.

4) Your buddy Ryolnir has a love for Moonknight and we will soon see him.  Which characters are you passionate about that you would like to see in the game

5)There is a rumor of players being able to purchase a game pack with prerelease material for all 2014 characters as they are released in game.  Is this real or a fan fantasy and if so what is the expected price point for how many expected characters.

6)  Can we get teasers of characters that could be released in 2014 that we may not already be aware about.

7) In hindsight what if anything would you have changed about the Asgard event?

8) Amazing job keeping Loki a secret can fans expect this to happen again anytime soon?

Sorry for the large number of questions

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

First I'd like to say that you are doing a great job with the game so keep up the good work :). Now the questions:                                                                                                                                                                                                           1. Will you be introducing another way to gain odin marks apart from the legendary quests?                                      2 . Are you planning on making costumes tradeable and if not, will there ever be an option in crafting to transmute one heroes costume to another?                                                                                                                              3. When will you be introducing nightcrawler :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Thats it for now, many thanks fo your time.

• Helloween81Helloween81 Member UncommonPosts: 15

Hello Doomsaw.

2 simple questions

1)What are your plans for end game pve. Will there be raids or group based dungeons in the future?

2)Why did you decide to follow a MOBA style on the pvp?

• Luchs01Luchs01 Member Posts: 8
    LOL yes we need Juggernaut for the revenge factor of one shots
  • ozwaldreginaldozwaldreginald Member Posts: 1

Hey Doomsaw

Firstly, thank you very much for creating such an entertaining game.  Growing up a marvel true believer, I am beyond obsessed.

My question is:  Can you give us any hints on Nightcrawler variant costumes?

Is there going to be any content for Supergroups ?
  • The current system seems to favor a more high-fantasy (D&D) model than a super-hero based one.  Artifacts, relics, rings and gear in general seem better suited for fighting dragons or dark elves.  Has any thought been given to changing the system to something more appropriate for a game derived from comic book culture?

• Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134

Question: Hi, just as topic states, and every true PvP lover is waiting for, have you guys considered about implementing some open pvp system?

There are a lot of Systems to help prevent griefing, so that should not be a big of a deal

Answer: We have PVP modes in the various stages of design, some of which feel very similar to open world PVP and will be absurdly fun (at least for me). We will make sure we don’t add is a mandatory PVP system (since many players would prefer PVE) or any kind of involuntary PVP system. Just opt-in systems that are fun for the players who enjoy PVP.
  • jbokujboku Member Posts: 20

@Doomsaw:

Synergies are amazing!  Is there a chance Gaz might take it further and allow certain heroes to work off of each other? Example, if Wolverine is around Collosus and they are on the same party, could he throw him?

• ValerianoValeriano Member Posts: 22

Ok, so you guys have put out a Deadpool female costume. Is there any plans to release any gender-changing costumes for other characters? Or do all costumes have to come strictly from comics?

It would be cool to play any character as either gender

• jamesdhunterjamesdhunter Member Posts: 6
    At some point will you stop adding heroes? And do you have a number you want to stop at? It is a daunting task being someone that owns all heroes to level them all.
  • LastexyleLastexyle Member CommonPosts: 10

I've noticed that a few of the "original roster" of heroes are under review for power-tree changes/aesthetic changes.

Can you talk about maybe the top 5 heroes under review for either their power set or model (e.g. Widow hair)?

and what is your point of view on Storm becoming like Human Torch in that she floats/flies for her movement/combat animations?

• LozosLozos Member Posts: 2
    Moon Knight is my favorite Marvel character, any kind of timeline for his release?  I will be immediately making him my main when he comes out!  Love the game!
  • StarryBlueStarryBlue Member Posts: 1

In light of Gambit's Ultimate Power, "Cherie", that summons Rogue, do you suppose this has any implications about whether we'll ever see Rogue as her own playable Hero? And should that day come, what would you like to see with Rogue's Power mechanics?

Thanks for doing this AMA! :)

• FreidreichFreidreich Member Posts: 5

I forgot to add in mine, sorry.

I'm a bit behind in the comics, but for the heroes who had powers removed from or changed (ex. Jubilee) in previous storylines.  If they are added t the game would it be a mix of the old and new versions, or would it just be the new ones (assuming they are still mutants).  

Thanks again.

Freidreich

• Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134

Question: I agree. The current state is incomparable with its launch state, which, looking back, may not even have been worthy of a 5,6. Now however the game deserves a much higher score, nearing the 9 range

Answer: Chills05 - thanks man, we have a big team of people working with a ton of passion and love to make the game better every single day!
  • dennison89dennison89 Member Posts: 19
    Once this event has ended, will you still be trying to answer some of these questions in the forums?
  • AlkalidumAlkalidum Member Posts: 2
    Are you currently working on a special patch for the new Captain America movie coming out soon? Can you tell us any information on what we could expect for that and future film releases such as Guardians of the Galaxy?
    Is there going to anything on sale for cyber Monday or Christmas?
  • MegaLocksmithMegaLocksmith Member UncommonPosts: 13

Hey there Doomsaw!

I play a couple action rpgs (or whatever you classify the genre, I call them dungeon crawlers) and a big part of my starting experience is picking a character, trying it out, and seeing how I like the playstyle. If I don't like it, then I pick a different one. In Marvel Heroes, you pick a character, and that is it until you get enough eternity shards to buy a new hero or you pay cash money. My question is, what was the reasoning behind not allowing people to remake characters, or start afresh, or whatever it is just to give some people a bit of trial and error to see if they want to continue playing that character or choose something different?

Personally I wouldn't mind doing some kind of account restart so I can get to repick. (And I dont think making a new account is a solution, it is a workaround.)

This discussion has been closed.