Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Defiance: Detailing the Arkbreaker DLC

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Yesterday, we had the chance to catch up with Defiance’s Creative Lead Trick Dempsey to get the lowdown on everything the upcoming Arkbreaker DLC will be bringing to the game when it launches on December 10th. Trick let loose on a ton of details about the new weapons, missions, zones, and UI improvements, so read on!

The goal of Arkbreaker is to deliver on that fantasy of calling down these Arkships to earth, breaking into them, and looting them like any good arkhunter would want to do. The precursor to being able to do so is a brand new six-mission storyline that will lead up to giving players the ability to call down an Arkship left in Earth’s atmosphere after the war ended.  You’ll crack inside, which will be a process that takes a few minutes and a bit of fighting outside the fallen ship. Once you open the doors to the ship, you’ve created a public instance that allows up to 12 people to enter at once.  Once that limit is reached, the next person to go in will open another version of that same ship. 

Read the rest of Bill Murphy's Defiance - Detailing the Arkbreaker DLC.

The Warmaster Volge is PISSED.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

i hope after these DLC- and tv show, they focus back on the Nim story. 

just feels that was all Trion(Nim story)  and everythign else in the game (data recorders etc)  is the tv studio holding them back.

shame. when  i see a story abt this game it dissapoints me,  -really wanted to like it.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Never played Defiance but the DLC additions sound great. I might pick up Defiance over the Thanksgiving holiday and give it a shot. Can anyone tell me if Defiance has a solid progression system?
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    If you liked Borderlands2 , and follow the main story with the instances and bosses.  and throw in arkfalls to play with other players= you will have fun.
  • SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    im half tempted to give this a try as its only $10 on steam.  Firefall isnt doing it for me anymore :(
  • iJustWantiJustWant Member Posts: 81

It's a $10 digital download directly from Trion as well.

Cheap price for a decent MMOFPS, just has a fairly bad reputation for bugs.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Nice! Finally get to go inside arks. Sounds like a good DLC. Now if they can just make the game world bigger and more interesting.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    hmm tempting need something to tide me over for a bit
  • DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291
    Can't believe this game is still running
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by SidQFT
    im half tempted to give this a try as its only $10 on steam.  Firefall isnt doing it for me anymore :(

Firefall is to my mind, a better game (potentially), but Defiance is a lot of fun, right now.   Only time will tell what happens with both games.  Lets hope this next DLC is better than the last one.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I bought it during the $5 sale on steam and was pleasantly surprised! You're able to jump in and play for a little bit (or longer bit), there is usually something going on in the nearby areas. Some creative gun types and exciting battles. With no fee you won't even have to feel bad if you don't play for a while. 
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

"Is it enough to bring you back? Let us know in the comments."

No, it isn't. This isn't fixing the lack of variation, the almost non-existing progression, etc.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I bought definance the other day off steam for £3, surprised how well it's put together, moving, shooting all feel solid, I don't like the Interface though still have no idea where my loot has gone when I get rewards and my inventory is full.  Ran across a segie event and that was a tonne of fun.  It shall be my "nothing else to do" MMO for now until the DLC for State of decay comes out.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Is the DLC free if you have the game ? ( I didn't read the whole thing :P )

I see a lot of it's worth $10 so I'm interested but I don't really want anther bill to get the whole thing once buy the game.

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Leveling is such a freakin boring thing in WoW now, I think instant leveling is a benefit to everyone with more than one character. Heck, I don't even have a problem with new people joining and being able to make a L85 character, when the cap is L95.

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• mr8linermr8liner Member Posts: 2
     THIS IS TO DMKANO   i tried to replt to yours but it did a new one instead      the game interaction sucks when you get to ego 5000.  it doesnt show critial kills or power kills.  i hit 5000 about a week ago or so, and really haven't played it much since. if i were you i wouldn't rush to get to 5000.  the only thing you really have to do is go around and get keycodes, but when you keep getting 4 blue weapons , it gets dull very fasy