Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF1 had more active players based on steam official numbers and a recent thread.

Comments

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    They released a broken unfinished game and then they repackaged it and re-released the same broken unfinished game again, laughable.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by xpiher
    The class system is the armor system. They aren't any different. 

you can't be serious if you not notice any difference, i think you have the inteligence at least to see that difference..

If you like examples read replys above you post for example ..

naked = being able to use everything but no armor and bonus.

no full set = no special skills for that playstyle

a mage related prestige title  + a full set of not fitting melee armor = possible ( but missing out the attribute bonus for mage)

etc.. etc..i mean..c'mmon

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

you can't be serious if you not notice any difference, i think you have the inteligence at least to see that difference..

a mage related prestige title  + a full set of not fitting melee armor = possible ( but missing out the attribute bonus for mage)

Operatively , there isn't any difference. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Except you can't mix them. That's the only missing part with the current and what they described in their blog.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Both versions of the game had a struggling player base.  It's hilarious to me how DF1 supporters try and tell everyone how their version of the game was better, when in reality, barely anyone wants to play either game.

A slightly less rotten apple is still a rotten apple.  Get over it.

Operatively , there isn't any difference. 

There is, check all the players that being missed from DF:UW. At the latest at this point  i am sure you ll find one.

All the players who like freedom and their ability to choose and not breing forced too.

There should be room in a MMORPG for alternative playstyles, that are ok with not  fitting in the top hardcore competative PvP heaven and still anjoy themselves contibuting to their clans otherwise, with their strength.

They could invest in "armorsmith armor" for example and could craft the best pieces of armor .

Can you point me to  the "Armorsmith class" in DF:UW  ?

You can't ....not operatively and by no other means ....

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

Sorry, I'm confused what you mean. Do you mean that the MvP members want more out of hte game than mindless PvP?

No, the opposite.

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126

1) DFUW is a dead game staggering.  

2) The MVP forum is AV's depressingly obvious attempt to stall for yet more time in the hope that some people will continue to remain subscribed to this shallow shell.

3) I do sincerely wish that Aventurine are able to make the game a great success.  

4) I also sincerely wish for world peace.

• BLOBtheTROLLBLOBtheTROLL Member Posts: 75
    move on I did, waiting for star citizen now. you will feel better not paying and subbing to game. will come back to check it out if they bring big expansion or if it goes free to play. dream of good old df1 whit sandbox and best combat is over.
  • TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

DFO had fundemental problems at its core, that only minor tweaks could not fix. The only reason the population didn't bottom out as fast is because of the forumfall build up prior to launch and the grind (took people longer to realize the game was crap). UW has had better player retention in terms of NEW players than DFO ever did; however, the amount of butt-hurt vets that want an open world quake game and design decisions that made holdings worthless lead to the population taking a bigger hit after peopel completed all the "content" 

One of the fundemental flaws with DFO was how it did a classless system, yet it had a silver lining of never being unbalanced since everyone gravitated to the best skill use combinations. Don't act like classes are the reason the game is failing. While duelist is OP, its not game breakingly OP

Fucking spot on.

The people who have dedicated themselves to being a 24/7 troll force don't want an RPG. They want a game where you have 50 abilities, all unlocked automatically, and you spend your time finding new ways of macroing and abusing game mechanics to get an edge.

Needless to say, this is not a popular style of play, and DF1 reflected that.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139
    You know nothing of what we wanted and liked of DF1.0, stop spewing your nonsense propaganda about a game that was 5x the current mess that we are playing.
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

DFO had fundemental problems at its core, that only minor tweaks could not fix. The only reason the population didn't bottom out as fast is because of the forumfall build up prior to launch and the grind (took people longer to realize the game was crap). UW has had better player retention in terms of NEW players than DFO ever did; however, the amount of butt-hurt vets that want an open world quake game and design decisions that made holdings worthless lead to the population taking a bigger hit after peopel completed all the "content" 

One of the fundemental flaws with DFO was how it did a classless system, yet it had a silver lining of never being unbalanced since everyone gravitated to the best skill use combinations. Don't act like classes are the reason the game is failing. While duelist is OP, its not game breakingly OP

Fucking spot on.

The people who have dedicated themselves to being a 24/7 troll force don't want an RPG. They want a game where you have 50 abilities, all unlocked automatically, and you spend your time finding new ways of macroing and abusing game mechanics to get an edge.

Needless to say, this is not a popular style of play, and DF1 reflected that.

It's not because we were limited of what we had and the lack of further updates from the devs that it means it's really what we wanted from the start to the finish.

At one point, it took AV from 3 to 6 months to fix a game breaking bug. We were still there playing with this infinity stamina bug. Did it made the game better? No. Was it bearable? Yes and the game was still fun. It does not mean that we wanted this bug to stay for ever. I could say the same for fizzle. We told them to remove it since beta and they did nothing at all regarding it. Does it mean that we wanted fizzle to stay in DF1? No. 

Like everyone, we wanted a skill cap, bunny hop removed, better rewards for quest and a more/better quests, better dungeons with bosses in them(not just an other place to grind), any way possible to get reed of macroing with a better leveling system(Meditation made it worse since we had to log out to train).

This just to say how your logic works does not apply to us. It's not because we're stuck with something that does not really ruin the rest of the game that we want it to stay for ever. So yes, we did wanted DF to become a lot more RPG then it was. We asked for a skill cap, not a class system and everyone knows that a cap is to leave the playerbase with more freedom to choose between everything instead of picking 1 bundle at a time to fight with it. We wanted alignment system to stay.

IF you think for one second that DF UW and the fact that an orc can live alongside a human in a human or orc capital is more RPG, then you're just a funny dude. Read your own content before you post it.

For your information, a big majority think the leveling system of DF UW which is the prowess system is a lot better than a skill system where you have to make the same action to level something up. So stop looking at us like animals, we share the same taste on a lot of things, but we just played both games enough to say that remaking the game instead of updating DF was the worse mistake. Trying to appeal to the theme park crowd was the worse mistake. Plus, DF UW is more about pvp than DF1 and we still like DF1 better so you're ''we want pvp only'' argument fails.

Originally posted by Caaahl
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

It's not because we were limited of what we had and the lack of further updates from the devs that it means it's really what we wanted from the start to the finish.

At one point, it took AV from 3 to 6 months to fix a game breaking bug. We were still there playing with this infinity stamina bug. Did it made the game better? No. Was it bearable? Yes and the game was still fun. It does not mean that we wanted this bug to stay for ever. I could say the same for fizzle. We told them to remove it since beta and they did nothing at all regarding it. Does it mean that we wanted fizzle to stay in DF1? No. 

Like everyone, we wanted a skill cap, bunny hop removed, better rewards for quest and a more/better quests, better dungeons with bosses in them(not just an other place to grind), any way possible to get reed of macroing with a better leveling system(Meditation made it worse since we had to log out to train).

This just to say how your logic works does not apply to us. It's not because we're stuck with something that does not really ruin the rest of the game that we want it to stay for ever. So yes, we did wanted DF to become a lot more RPG then it was. We asked for a skill cap, not a class system and everyone knows that a cap is to leave the playerbase with more freedom to choose between everything instead of picking 1 bundle at a time to fight with it. We wanted alignment system to stay.

IF you think for one second that DF UW and the fact that an orc can live alongside a human in a human or orc capital is more RPG, then you're just a funny dude. Read your own content before you post it.

For your information, a big majority think the leveling system of DF UW which is the prowess system is a lot better than a skill system where you have to make the same action to level something up. So stop looking at us like animals, we share the same taste on a lot of things, but we just played both games enough to say that remaking the game instead of updating DF was the worse mistake. Trying to appeal to the theme park crowd was the worse mistake. Plus, DF UW is more about pvp than DF1 and we still like DF1 better so you're ''we want pvp only'' argument fails.

Very good post. I would sign this.

I just hope it's not too complex for the recipient.

Of course the DF:UW shills will try to reduce us in "they want  the broken things of DF1".

We want the soul and spirit of DF1, DF1 with the DF2010 promised updates.

DF:UW smells like AV gave up. They don't want a great game.

They want a small arena  themepark for FPS crowd and meaningless things to do. There is no soul, there is no life in it.

We want the full game, the features AV promised but gave up to deliver..

See for yourself how rotten AV's  vision has become already :  they consider  a RANDOM mechanic to artifcially break things on dead so one man gets STRIPED OFF THE RIGHT TO LOOT everything on rthe dead corpse.

That is NOT the spirit for Darkfall...For all those who consider and propose such :

Darkfall is not  for everyone (like you)...true vets know what that means ;)

Originally posted by Caaahl

Yeah. I was already disappointed from the very start with the pve loot. In DF it was "you will have the chance to loot the gear form the mob you killed". The first couple of months of DF i really enjoyed this. If you didnt care for fotm pvp gear and just wanted to have a unique look you could do that. Kill a goblin who is geared with an axe, loot a goblin axe and use it. Kill a black knight with his black knight armor, loot black knight armor parts and put them on. Just to mess around a bit and have fun.

Often i would play the little game of "start off naked with starter weapon and see how far you come". So you go hunt mobs first, loot some rusty trash gear from zombies and skelletons etc, then kill someone in chain/banded or so and go on until you die.

This was for the "non-elite pvp times" ofc, when you just wanted to have fun for the evening and create your own little content.

But with dfuw this was never possible from the start due to the horribly low number of wearable different armor sets and the whole class thingy.

In DF i would wear a rusty skelleton helmet with horns and black knight boots, just for the lulz; in dfuw everyone looks the same, body and armor wise. :(

So yeah, if they take away the full loot aspect now in PvP also, then its just another turnaround by AV when it comes to their original core idea of df.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ontopic:

Yesterday was a new low for a saturday: 63 people peak for dfuw via steam. If there wont be a patch next week we might hit the < 50 mark next weekend.

*edit

I start to wonder, why its still not possible to connect your DFUW to steam, if you havent bought it via steam. AV always says "It's not our fault, we are waiting for steam to give us the steam keys." But how comes that other games that go live on steam after being released before already via digital download e.g. get their steam keys from steam within a couple of weeks, sometimes days!?

Could it be, that AV isnt telling the whole truth about the steam keys and why we didnt get any even after over 6 months dfuw being on steam? If everyone who owns DFUW could connect it to steam then we'd know the exact numbers of players online. Wouldn't that be (in)convenient?

*edit²

I contacted steam support now and hope to get an answer (about the still missing dfuw steam keys).

Most likely if you connect through steam, steam will probably take a percentage of the cut.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

The DF UW loyal players have been lying to you this whole time. DF1 had and will always have more players than DF UW will ever have.

On steam, there's around 100 active players left. Since i know for a fact that not everyone use steam and that probably more play without it, based on a recent thread, it still looks like DF is as empty as the official number we get on steam. They say the game now feels empty weather it's prime time or during the weekend.

One thing everyone need to know: the world of DF1 is a lot bigger than DFUW's. Not everyone had access to the teleportation via portal chambers. There was a lot more dungeons vs 2. There was no safe zones and everyone were able to cross the city walls. 

With that being said, in DF1, it was never hard for me to find players to hunt during prime time and especially during the weekend in the open, in the popular dungeons, at the rare golems, at the mage island, the fire dragon spawns, the devil/demon and at various mini bosses spawns. On yssam, cairn, middle map and rubi, it was full of pvp. Nifflehelm was mostly for the newb's. Around a siege stone, it was a massacre. After the siege was over, the area was left with full of roamers and long hours worth of pvp and loots.

Now, imagine if the world of DF1 was smaller, if everyone were able to use the chambers and if DF1 did not end couple months after AV finally decided to reduce the grind(x20 btw). It took me 2 months to max a character when they did that grind reduction. For some, it took a week or less than a month. It takes 2 months to become level 70 in wow(In my bc time) or a lot less.

This is only the truth and if i post this info in the official forum, i will probably receive an instant ban.

No safezones huh?

Darkfall 1 maincitys where SAFEZONES you could attack but you died for sure(you could only attack if you came with m8's that where neutral and looted your corpse but only craebears do that).

Many areas with the idiotic STARWARS TOWERS where also safezones yes you could attack players but if you played it correctly(and i dont mean a naked one with behind him a neurtal one they where just bunch of careebars) you could not survive.

I  quit becouse the world was empty on afk macroers in there clan towns.

Only chaos towns where total freezones.

Your where rarely attacked in main towns just becouse you surly died with thoe damn carebear towers.

Rediculous compare darkfall to WoW and lvling system darkfall 1 was pure sandbox hardcore mmo WoW is carebear casual ezmode spoonfed whiteserver mmo no risk involved.

Thats just a BOLD LIE even after the grind reductions it would take at least a year to max most skills if you manage this in 2 months you not only 24/7 macro you also cheated and exploited.

Ive played for more then 2 years only few did not cheat rest cheated thats why Darkfall 1 failed there where no hardcore in Darkfall 1 only ex themepark players who wanted easy.

I remember you came in 2008 to forumfall constantly asking if they make the game more like WoW lol.

But still Darkfall 1 was alot better then most mmo's out there shame 90% cheated and ruined there own game.

I was Noxium Braveclaw played from beta up august 2011 then quit. I remember some here macroed the living daylight out of this game lol blood walling standing whole day in some town in safe spot macroing or sititng with there viginas catching sand in some remote clan town 24/7 macro from all the mats they have exploited.

From day one Darkfall was doomed by small dev team and cheating community who was also way to carebear:(

Sounds hars maybe after who am i to judge others gamestyle but nomatter how you see it or come up with reasons why Darkfall failed.

To early released realy bad beta(no real testing or stress test) after launch all bugs still in the game so cheating on wide scale-splitting up server to early and bad communications and bold lies by tasos

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

The DF UW loyal players have been lying to you this whole time. DF1 had and will always have more players than DF UW will ever have.

On steam, there's around 100 active players left. Since i know for a fact that not everyone use steam and that probably more play without it, based on a recent thread, it still looks like DF is as empty as the official number we get on steam. They say the game now feels empty weather it's prime time or during the weekend.

One thing everyone need to know: the world of DF1 is a lot bigger than DFUW's. Not everyone had access to the teleportation via portal chambers. There was a lot more dungeons vs 2. There was no safe zones and everyone were able to cross the city walls. 

With that being said, in DF1, it was never hard for me to find players to hunt during prime time and especially during the weekend in the open, in the popular dungeons, at the rare golems, at the mage island, the fire dragon spawns, the devil/demon and at various mini bosses spawns. On yssam, cairn, middle map and rubi, it was full of pvp. Nifflehelm was mostly for the newb's. Around a siege stone, it was a massacre. After the siege was over, the area was left with full of roamers and long hours worth of pvp and loots.

Now, imagine if the world of DF1 was smaller, if everyone were able to use the chambers and if DF1 did not end couple months after AV finally decided to reduce the grind(x20 btw). It took me 2 months to max a character when they did that grind reduction. For some, it took a week or less than a month. It takes 2 months to become level 70 in wow(In my bc time) or a lot less.

This is only the truth and if i post this info in the official forum, i will probably receive an instant ban.

No safezones huh?

Darkfall 1 maincitys where SAFEZONES you could attack but you died for sure(you could only attack if you came with m8's that where neutral and looted your corpse but only craebears do that).

Many areas with the idiotic STARWARS TOWERS where also safezones yes you could attack players but if you played it correctly(and i dont mean a naked one with behind him a neurtal one they where just bunch of careebars) you could not survive.

I  quit becouse the world was empty on afk macroers in there clan towns.

Only chaos towns where total freezones.

Your where rarely attacked in main towns just becouse you surly died with thoe damn carebear towers.

Rediculous compare darkfall to WoW and lvling system darkfall 1 was pure sandbox hardcore mmo WoW is carebear casual ezmode spoonfed whiteserver mmo no risk involved.

Thats just a BOLD LIE even after the grind reductions it would take at least a year to max most skills if you manage this in 2 months you not only 24/7 macro you also cheated and exploited.

Ive played for more then 2 years only few did not cheat rest cheated thats why Darkfall 1 failed there where no hardcore in Darkfall 1 only ex themepark players who wanted easy.

I remember you came in 2008 to forumfall constantly asking if they make the game more like WoW lol.

But still Darkfall 1 was alot better then most mmo's out there shame 90% cheated and ruined there own game.

I was Noxium Braveclaw played from beta up august 2011 then quit. I remember some here macroed the living daylight out of this game lol blood walling standing whole day in some town in safe spot macroing or sititng with there viginas catching sand in some remote clan town 24/7 macro from all the mats they have exploited.

From day one Darkfall was doomed by small dev team and cheating community who was also way to carebear:(

Sounds hars maybe after who am i to judge others gamestyle but nomatter how you see it or come up with reasons why Darkfall failed.

To early released realy bad beta(no real testing or stress test) after launch all bugs still in the game so cheating on wide scale-splitting up server to early and bad communications and bold lies by tasos

First of all, high security does not equal up to safe zone; not even a little bit. A safe zone in a mmo is a place where a fight can't happen by any means. What we had in DF1 was not a safe place to live. You wouldnt dare to go overweight far away from the bank in hope that you wouldnt die. You woudlnt dare to go afk with your stuff on you in there. Even if you felt safe mostly from the red players, it was very possible to raid a safe zone and i know multiple clans who succeeded at killing and looting a couple in there. It requires team work to survive under the tower while killing most thing. So again, it was not a safe zone at all and it felt like it was part of the game instead of a lobby in a sandbox world.

I was a carebear in 2008-2009, but DF changed me.

If i did compared wow to darkfall, it was just like a title of a book: To catch your eyes..

As for the grind reduction, i'm not talking about the same grind reduction. There was a total of 3 phase of grind reduction that we had in DF1.

-The first was x6 grind reduction for magic vs mobs, x4 for melee/archery vs mobs(Not sure about the passives and buffs). This lame attempt to bring me back was not enough since it still required for us to macro. I still came back, but i was not grinding at all, but i was still having a lot of fun with a cool clan. I was never viable for the competition with this. I then took a long break, i came back and i decided to macro like everyone else(Mind you, i was not even playing since i was never home).

-One day, AV made an other attempt to bring back a lot of players. IT worked, but they were dumb again because this grind reduction was only temporary and if you missed this weekend, it was not even worth it to stay. So yeah, for one weekend, there was a huge grind reduction. I came back that day and for one weekend, from a weak character not strong enough to compete, i was finally strong enough to beat the best with everything i needed. Again, this was only for a weekend wth a free month for everyone who brought the game so if you missed it...

-The last attempt was after they did the big mistake of announcing a wipe way too early. They started to lose players because of that premature announcement. They reduced the grind again. IT was a x20 grind reduction for everything on top of the previous x6,x4. Apparently, they stacked it by accident so it was even faster. It took most players a month to max their character and me, 2 months. This is the most fun everyone ever had and it was not hard at all to find players to kill no matter how big your clan was. You're grouped up with 20 players? Fine! go roam and find an other group of 20 easy.

Please, read carefully before you respond. You left early so don't act like you should know everything. You left DF when it was still a baby like some mothers would do. Reminds me of this sad story when a mother tried to hide and suffocate her baby under the snow. The game got better, but today, we know why they did not update it further more: They worked on DF UW this whole time while keeping the cursed child in a cage in the basement. 

The core issues that make UW sucks were core issues that made DFO lack luster. There are some things that DFO did better, but over all the same problems exist. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

The core issues that make UW sucks were core issues that made DFO lack luster. There are some things that DFO did better, but over all the same problems exist. 

Is just DF:UW added massive problems that were not existing before.

The classes, the UI, the safezones, the races char models,  the global AH etc  to name a few ...

Its in much worse state in its core design then the original DF which had potential for the better at least..

Now DF:UW is locked out from get any good anymore ..

The classes, the UI, the safezones, the races char models,  the global AH etc  to name a few ...

Its in much worse state in its core design then the original DF which had potential for the better at least..

Global AH, safe zones, and PP system are the good additions. The class system is better than the superman system that was DFO from an RPG perspective. They just need to add 100 more skills to choose from. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    Time to move on, dead game is dead.

DF:UW is AV's NGE.

+1 and summed up perfectly.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    DFO was not viable or profitable. It shut down. DFUW is just as bad in different ways. That's the reality.

Global AH, safe zones, and PP system are the good additions. The class system is better than the superman system that was DFO from an RPG perspective. They just need to add 100 more skills to choose from. 

errm Global AH and safe zones NO .  Hireable playerdriven vendors  and hireable NPC guards instead.

PP with more freedom (repeatable content / dynamic missions) a...maybe.

The devs talked about the armor specification  + (prestige) titles themselves before ruining it with classes. Read Claus comments on classes and why they should not be in any game. There isnt much to add to Claus comments.

errm Global AH and safe zones NO .  Hireable playerdriven vendors  and hireable NPC guards instead.

PP with more freedom (repeatable content / dynamic missions) a...maybe.

The devs talked about the armor specification  + (prestige) titles themselves before ruining it with classes. Read Claus comments on classes and why they should not be in any game. There isnt much to add to Claus comments.

My opinion too. As if it wasnt enough to be rich so easily, they suddenly decided to give us a global AH ala wow. They had a plan for the vendor system and plenty of good suggestion and they took none of them. They said : fuck it, here's the wow system. Now, we see ppl running around in dread armor in every single videos since.

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127

I'm sorry for you OP, your statements are wrong. Unless you have a active sub or a stream of this "dead" please don't lie about the game.

Siege tonight btw will be on live stream :)

Originally posted by Hiddenxdragon

I'm sorry for you OP, your statements are wrong. Unless you have a active sub or a stream of this "dead" please don't lie about the game.

Siege tonight btw will be on live stream :)

I expect to see counter argument, not just " sorry, you're wrong. CIAO".

We want proof and nothing else. We had a lot of proof back in DF1 to tell how big the pop was most of the time based on how big the world itself was since it's a fact that it's a lot bigger than the current one we have.

So again, bring me everything yo got to tell me that DF UW is a lot healthier than DF1 ever was. The Asian server don't count. 

Darkfall has always been populated by fanboys so simple statement like yours won't make us budge and you should know.