Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Top 3 Favorite MMO Races ... Go !

Comments

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    1. Miqo'te ( FFXIV )
    2. Castanic ( Tera )
    3. Draenai ( WoW )
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

SWG - Rodian

WoW - Night Elf

STO - Klingon

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Warhammer Online - Dwarf

Warhammer Online -Chaos

Warhammer Online - Dark Elves

Warhammer Online  just had the best races period.Pity about a lot of the rest of the game.

With the exception above Elves and Dwarves both suck.8P

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

but Mike,

Dwarfs are just awesome

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

GW2 Norn - 9ft tall and 770lb of lean body mass in a Warrior and simply the best looking women in any game of any race. Winning combination.

WoW Tauren - The real good guys of Azeroth.

SWG Wookies - 'cause everbody loves Chewbacca.

In the "coming soon" dept. I am looking forward to the Granok of Wildstar but I better be able to equip or display a cigar or I will be asking for my money back.

All die, so die well.

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Truly, Warhammer Online had some of the coolest races and classes. My Top 3 would be:

1. High Elves - Warhammer Online

2. Empire - Warhammer Online

3. Chaos- Warhammer Online

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Originally posted by AlBQuirky
    I agree with #2 and #3. #1... My first GW2 character was a Norn. I got him to max and rolled up a couple of Humans. I liked the Humans better than the Norns.
    Out of all my max level characters, 75% are Norns (Warrior, Guardian and Ranger), and I have one human beside them... so you can guess I loved the lore and setting quite a bit ;)Tried all the other races but none grabbed me like Norn did.I'd have liked Charr better if they were able to optionally walk on two legs like the Charr NPCs too.
    I agree with the Nord Lore. That's why my first character was one. I like their area, too. They just "felt" sluggish to me and the voice did not sit well for me :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Originally posted by xeniar

but Mike,

Dwarfs are just awesome

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Wow: Draenei, Elves, Humans.

Swtor: Human, SithPureblood, Chiss

G2w: Charr, Human, Sylvari

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

1. Everquest and EQ2 half elves. There was just something about this race that is hard to explain. Maybe it was the way the NPCs would taunt my character saying things like "half a man is a cripple, what is half an elf?" another taunt I can remember is "Half perfect, half disgusting." This left the impression that this wasn't some generic race I was playing but something with real Lore. Made me really feel like I was part of the world.

2. Lineage II Dark elves. I liked the fact that they weren't just rip offs of dungeons and dragons drow but had their own story specific lore. It felt like they were an ancient and proud race that was just trying to protect its land from encroaching and changing times. Even their goddess that protected them was dying or something. As the story progressed their city was actually destroyed and was turned into a dungeon.

3. Neverwinter Halflings mostly just because of the way they look. This is the way I always though halflings were supposed to be.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

EQ2 Fae - I just LOVED those cute dudes! :D

EQ2 Halfelfs - I liked the mix of human and Elf

DDO/Neverwinter Drow - whats not to like, hardcore Elves! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

1 Humans (any game :))

2 Chaos Warhammer

3 Dwarves

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Vah'Shirs

Charr

Miqo'te

and the classic human

(also Darkelfs from EQ1 were also a fond one for me)

I tend to like the unique races u dont see often over the typical ones usualy :P

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Grimula

there is Nothing cooler then a Tiny Little GNOME female warrior Main tank ...killing 300 foot tall dragons haha

Main tanking Quarm as a GNOME Female warrior was sooooo much fun when EQ 1 was New

GNOMES GNOMES GNOMES GNOMES !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR5y_VpHp8o Need mor sinzan's???

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    wh ork
    wh goblin
    wow orc
    wh dwarf
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by DMKano

Humans.

Since no game has done a platypus based race yet.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

EQ2 Trolls

EQ1/2 Frogloks

WoW Trolls

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Humans -- about 80% of all my characters in all games are human.

Half-Elves, especially EQ1.

The leggy anime boobasaur shown in the Cyber Monsters 2 ad.  (really, wasn't there a general hue and cry to curtail such advertising on MMORPG.com just a few short weeks ago -- guess the almighty dollar won that one)?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

GW2´s Sylvaris!!!

imageimage

• KhurrakKhurrak Member UncommonPosts: 10

DAOC Trolls..

likely, big fat guys, ..

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

1. Sith pureblood (swtor)   So badass!

2. Tauren (wow)    So big, fuzzy, cute, and badass at the same time.

3. Human (all games)    Can never go wrong with a human.. A badass human.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Pretty much elves.

Dark, then High. I don't like "forest dwelling elves" (never play a wood elf in any elder scrolls game).

After that?

I probably default to a human. Tried playing orcs but can't get into it for the long haul.

I generally lose interest in sci fi games but if I do play one I usually  play a human.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Pretty much elves.

Dark, then High. I don't like "forest dwelling elves" (never play a wood elf in any elder scrolls game).

After that?

I probably default to a human. Tried playing orcs but can't get into it for the long haul.

I generally lose interest in sci fi games but if I do play one I usually  play a human.

Im the opposite, i never play humans and rarely play elves.

I do like the occasional Dwarf though

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326

1. Ratonga.  

2. Human- they don't look as silly as many races in mmo's. 

3. Anything small without being too cutesy.