Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you solo to max level in this game?

I'm not anti-social, it's just that I play at off times and I don't expect loads of people are leveling up toons in this game these days. I guess that when you get to max level, you will have more people to play with. Also, I mainly want to play this game just to explore it and see it all. I have played and grouped in this game and it's been fun. It's just that you get a lot of group quests and can't always find people to run with. I don't want to get stuck.

Is it possible to progress at a decent pace throughout all levels to max?

• AbimorAbimor phoenix, AZPosts: 335Member Uncommon
    I did a lot of solo leveling yes it is possible to level pretty far solo  I stopped at around 42.
  • PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

Why did you stop, Abimor? Seems like you got pretty far.

I think my toon is in the teens somewhere. I had fun, but just stopped because I had a lot of group quests piling up and wondered if there was going to be enough solo stuff to do.

• ArdnutArdnut LondonPosts: 188Member

it is possible to max out solo, but the last few lvls can be a sod. if you've not joined a guild yet, i'd make that a priority.

there are guilds out there that have players on at different times, and i'm sure you'll find one that has people on at odd times. join a european guild if your in the states and dont play at times when loads of your own countrymen are on or visa versa.

despite the game being out for a while now, you will probably find people are still leveling up alts or have just started the game so yell out and see if you can get a group together to help with those group quests

enjoy the game

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?

• MightykingMightyking CapellePosts: 233Member Uncommon
    Game is made much in the spirit of Everquest 1 and has received little updates since its launch. Like others say you can solo your way, but you will definitely miss a lot of quests and dungeons. Vanguard encourages you to group up and best rewards will be had from group content.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisPosts: 2,211Member Uncommon

Like any mmo on the planet you can kill certain easy mobs and level all the way to the top, kind of a silly question. Now let's address what you actually are asking.

Does it benefit me to solo all the way to level 55 in Vanguard, the answer is a big fat NO, you would be doing it for months lol. Vanguard is a Vast MMO, it so vast that you could not see all the content on 2 characters or even 3 characters. The game has over 120 open world non instanced dungeons, yes that's not including the raiding dungeon of which their are few but boy are they vast.

The game is about the journey and you are not going to hit max level in days but rather months if you level Diplomacy and crafting which are whole other games in themselves and take just as long to level as adventuring. The group dungeon are the best you will see in any mmo to date, right up their with old EQ and EQ2 but way way bigger spanning many levels.

At level 13 you get your first taste of just how vast Vanguard dungeons are Khegor's End which will keep you busy from level 14-18 it's seriously vast and holds lots of different factions within it.'s_End

Now although they reshuffle the starting area the old ones are still their so you could level 15 character all with their own starting areas and content in a non instanced world. Some of the dungeon are truly fantastic and entertaining when you put them up against today crap we are given.

You get a mount at level ten and their is a quest where you get a flying mount on Qalia which you can only use in a certain area.

15 classes, 17 if you count the other two shaman.

19 races.

A vast non instanced world.

non instanced housing.

Ship building to sail the vast oceans.

Guild housing.

Deep crafting system.

The list goes on.

Their are many player since the FTP and finding a guild or group will not be a problem.

Please watch the vid.

Oh and did i mention the epic music.image

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
    Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
    Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
    Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
    16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
    840 Series 250GB SSDs
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
    EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

• DirkinDirkin Manassas, VAPosts: 78Member

You can definitely solo all the way to max level. It does depend a bit on which class you play because a few of them, especially warriors, suck at soloing. However, there's plenty to do to max out your level solo, you'll just miss out on many of the great quest lines and dungeons to explore.

While Vanguard does encourage you to group, and I recommend you do so when you can, soloing to max is not as challenging as it once was.

• AdamantineAdamantine NowherePosts: 3,794Member Uncommon

Yes you can.

Its no fun, but its possible.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Amory, MSPosts: 2,545Member Uncommon

Most people who play Vanguard are in love with the game until around level 30-35 when the solo quests dry up, and no one is around to group with.  The lucky ones got in at launch, but the game makes it nearly impossible for any new blood to come into the game.

All it would honestly take is a single solo questline from levels 1-55

• AdamantineAdamantine NowherePosts: 3,794Member Uncommon

There is no point in making such a questline if the game is empty anyway in the first place ! ;-)