Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: What's Up with ArcheAge

2»

Comments

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    So looking forward to this game!
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by NightBandit

This game will end up contesting against TESO so there will be no contest IMO Asian or Western again no contest. IMO the game is already looking out of date and if they don't improve the game play from what I've already seen then it will just end up as another Linage type game but with bobbles on.

I'm not going to even bother beta testing never mind paying for it.

What a load of rubbish  lol, ArcheAge crushes TESO in graphics and features.

I've played both games and one has beautiful graphics, animations and great features. The other is made up of instancing and has crappy animation, decent graphics, no housing and no world PVP.

The physics in AA are truly outstanding, planting tress, farming, climbing trees, raising livestock.

Oh and did i mention that you can wear any armour and use any weapon and the games has 120 class combinations. Yes it's lock on combat but it also has collision detection so spells don't fly through objects.

Want me to continue, ok.  Zenimax have turned TES into a standard same old mmo that we have seen for years with a little DAOC twist.

Games like Black Desert, ArcheAge trump it in every way possible. The only thing going for TESO is the IP, that alone will insure ZeniMax make millions but the game is sub par to what it could of been.

I would rather play this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHLEXa7YvPA

And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-OYWfQ64Sc

And http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n5HVzb59rY

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Ekadd
    Originally posted by wangkom
    I cant friggin believe that Russia will have a beta before the NA, what a big joke.

This.

I was excited now i just don't care about this game. If you game developer and if you ignore big player base dont worry, they will ignore you too. Its nature instinct.. 

Take a look at your world map lol.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Yeah although I would love to see the EU/NA version out ASAP, Americans need to realize they are no longer the #1 market for games, especially PC games. Russia has a very strong PC gaming culture, whereas Americans are moving more and more towards console/set-top box hybrid stuff. Just look at Xbox One and you realize where American gaming is going.

Even EU has more PC gamers today than NA.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    I cant friggin believe that Russia will have a beta before the NA, what a big joke.

This.

I was excited now i just don't care about this game. If you game developer and if you ignore big player base dont worry, they will ignore you too. Its nature instinct.. 

Take a look at your populations lol.

Russia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Russia

USA:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States

Canada: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada

I looked at my world map.  What was I supposed to be looking for again?

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Yeah although I would love to see the EU/NA version out ASAP, Americans need to realize they are no longer the #1 market for games, especially PC games. Russia has a very strong PC gaming culture, whereas Americans are moving more and more towards console/set-top box hybrid stuff. Just look at Xbox One and you realize where American gaming is going.

Even EU has more PC gamers today than NA.

Most games end up on the consoles, as that is where the gaming is at currently. I don't believe EU has more PC gamers than NA, please don't make wild assumptions without providing facts and statistics to back up those words.

NA is getting gaming consoles before EU = Fact

Who wants to pay $100 more for  Xbox kinect? Not This Gamer!  and I don't want to pay to get spied on by the NSA, since NSA already provides it for free.

SteamMachine + Oculus Rift to secure our future! It will show as the consoles hardware diminishes under the weight of the future which is PC-Gaming.

Also Xbox one just released 5-hours ago, lets not jump the gun just yet! only time and numbers will tell if people want to buy into a $399 + $100 Kinect. I already hear the failure on the voice command. Apparently coughing turns the pause off of your game.

Well yes it's pretty difficult to get any solid numbers for PC gaming, as most games are sold via digital distribution services that don't give out their numbers (Steam being the biggest, obviously). Still, if we want to work with the numbers we've got:

vgchartz.com statistic for 2013, top 100 sold games, there are 2 PC games in the US chart (total sales 807k units and some), while there are 10 PC titles in the Europe chart (total sales 2.5M units and some)

It's not hard data, but I would suppose it's still an indication. US is a console country. You said it yourself that the new consoles are released there first. Wonder why?

EDIT: And yeah I know NA does not mean just USA. Unfortunately I have no data for Canada.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

They can't take too much time. This game looked perfect a few years ago. Now it will ultimately be destroyed by EverQuest Next.

ArcheAge looked great to so many because it was virtually the only softcore sandpark that has been offered since the WoW-clones. No we hear news of several different like-minded games popping up or in development.

• tomyzrtomyzr Member UncommonPosts: 7
    XL doesn't care about western release, Trion doesn't care about it either, its simple as that
  • Originally posted by SavageHorizon

This.

Im really not here to fight for this game  and i was really waiting for this game but after look at my maps "US, Canada, Europe" pretty sure total size and playerbase bigger than Russia. That's what i was talking about ;)

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

This.

Im really not here to fight for this game  and i was really waiting for this game but after look at my maps "US, Canada, Europe" pretty sure total size and playerbase bigger than Russia. That's what i was talking about ;)

Yeah, but to cover "US, Canada, Europe" you need to publish with at least 5 languages (English, Spanish, French, German and Italian), whereas publishing in Russia you only need one.

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167

I'll probibly still try this one when (if) it hits NA.  Looks good. I can understand that XL and Trion wants to polish it up. But problem they'll run into is by the time the game hits the NA market...already going to be a 3 or 4 year old game. And it's going to be a game that is already been played, run threw by half the worlds playerbase. 

And with the look of what other MMOs are in the making and being released in the next year or two.I think  AA will certainly have lost alot of it's steam and interest by the time it hits NA. 

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

While i think AA is miles ahead of themepark number: 87691023 >>ESO<<

There comes a point were the fans anticipating this tittle drops off drasticly.

AA is taking way to much time to release, still no date or even a alpha / beta program up for NA/EU

Russia is getting it 1st then we might get it somewhere after that.

This might take at least 2 years and by then its not even worth buying it anymore for most of us who looked forward to play this sandbox.

People that compare AA and ESO.....dont.....

ESO is way to generic, it has nothing new or refreshing.

Zenimax is making themepark mmo dozen a dime.

from world to animations that game is bad looking and nothing that stands out.

What mmo players realy need is a breeze of fresh developers who dare to do shit diffrent.

Not copying all those milked themepark ideas we have seen for the last 20 years.

I hope Trion proves the people wrong by releasing AA in 2014......but i have a feeling that EU release is somewhere in 2015 / 2016 -_-

Around the time we might come close to CCP's World of Darkness release !!!!

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

It's a shame this game is taking so long to release tbh. I admit I have lost some interest because of this delay. I've been following this title for about 2 years now. But I am aware my interest will be back as soon as Trion announces a beta date or something.

I am more attracted for this Asian new generation of games such as AA and Black Desert than the western cartoon tendency like Wildstar and EQ next. I just hope ESO delivers, being such a huge IP. I would hate if it suffers the SWTOR syndrome. They have big shoes to fill specially after the Skyrim success.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

If only developers knew when waiting was a good idea and when waiting was suicide. Throwing ArcheAge out after games like EQNext, ESO, Wildstar, and possibly BnS is just ridiculous. It won't have much of a leg to stand on, it will be dead before its released. 

If they would push the beta now and release in January/February time period they might accumulate more dedicated players to the game and last longer. 

Hell the delay alone is enough to cause people to lose interest in the game. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Good to hear that Trion is still alive. Sometimes I wonder...lol

they need a community manager for sure ...